SeeMore Putters MSeries Review - Forum Testing Review

Jman - another great update and thanks for also pulling my question to Freddie in there. I think I am slowly getting to the point that you are - it is strange in hindsight that we don't *think* about how far to hit the putt but subconsciously the shoulders rock and there we are around the hole, if not in it. You dropped some great birdie putts today man. Thank you for also providing that overview of your routine - it was this thread that got me to refocus on fundamentals and your routine highlighted will definitely help.

Thank you Cookie, My misses as of late have mostly been long by a foot or so. I have left a few short on longer than 20' putts but they all are on line with my target and around the hole. If I am agressive rom 15' and miss I expect a 2' comming back. Aggressive is over used, lets just call it a firmer stroke. Thanks for following along Cookie!!

Great stuff man - I will take 2' all day long if I am giving my putts a chance to drop.

I really like following along with how you guys are progressing, Jman is getting so dang solid on the greens that he is still around par with a few struggles off the tee. Truly impressive work guys.

To me, that is the great thing I'm seeing about this so far, on the course today I realized I'm NOT focusing on my setup, stance, routine, or the putter as I KNOW they are all there and where they should be. My soul focus is on my line and a rock of my shoulders, thats it! No more and no less. Obviously alot of that can be credited to practicing so much as anything is going to become ingrained (right or wrong) with repetitions of it over and over again. My old stroke I was confident in because of the reps, but I was always thinking about my alignment or re-gripping, now, all I think about is the line and the shoulder rock because I KNOW all of the "other stuff" is in order.

Great round and update Jman. I loved this part because it really echoed a lot of my feelings at the moment. I feel completely different when I step on to the green now, then just 1 month ago. I used to be tentative and unsure of myself and my stroke, and I had SO many thoughts in my head that it was really hard to focus on any one aspect of the putt before me. Now, I am really just down to thinking about the break and speed of the putt and that is it. In my two practice strokes I remind myself of the shoulder rock and step in and hit the putt. No cluttered thoughts or feelings. It is infinitely more fun on the greens right now, and I can't help but thinking that this is just the beginning.

Jman - another great update and thanks for also pulling my question to Freddie in there. I think I am slowly getting to the point that you are - it is strange in hindsight that we don't *think* about how far to hit the putt but subconsciously the shoulders rock and there we are around the hole, if not in it. You dropped some great birdie putts today man. Thank you for also providing that overview of your routine - it was this thread that got me to refocus on fundamentals and your routine highlighted will definitely help.

I really like following along with how you guys are progressing, Jman is getting so dang solid on the greens that he is still around par with a few struggles off the tee. Truly impressive work guys.
Thanks buddy, I really do appreciate the kind words and you following along with us in here, you know it means alot! It really is amazing when the fundamentals are in check every time how much more confident you can get on the greens, all the variables are gone for me now, and I love that.

Great round and update Jman. I loved this part because it really echoed a lot of my feelings at the moment. I feel completely different when I step on to the green now, then just 1 month ago. I used to be tentative and unsure of myself and my stroke, and I had SO many thoughts in my head that it was really hard to focus on any one aspect of the putt before me. Now, I am really just down to thinking about the break and speed of the putt and that is it. In my two practice strokes I remind myself of the shoulder rock and step in and hit the putt. No cluttered thoughts or feelings. It is infinitely more fun on the greens right now, and I can't help but thinking that this is just the beginning.

Thanks Reki! I agree, like I said above, the variables are out of the equation for me now. Did you get a medicine ball? I swear to you that THAT drill has helped me more than ANY other, I literally grab that little dude whenever I think about it or walk by and take a couple practice strokes. Its trained my shoulders a TON.

SeeMore m5x Testing Update

SeeMore m5x Testing Update

Jman (28 putts?), Tadashi, Buckjob nice updates dudes.

Club Tested: SeeMore m5x 34"
Previous Club: Odyssey Metal X #7
Ball used: Bridgestone B330RX
Green speed: Fast

My last few rounds have been a struggle with putting. With this trip to the range / green I wanted to get back into my putting basics and try to find what was wrong and see if I could fix it. I also received an email from Mike Davis my Spi instructor who has been lurking around this thread. He talked a little bit about the art and science of putting. The science is the part of putting is the actual putter, fitting and stroke mechanics. The art of putting is the reading greens, controlling emotion, proper breathing and doing it under pressure. And that is the hard part. Another thing he touched on was how I mentioned being right eye dominant. This is important because most right eye dominant players will set up aimed to the right and then pull back to the left, thus missing left. And that goes for the full swing too. I saw this very thing last time I played, missing greens to the left all day.

DSC00249.jpg

So yesterday I went to the practice green with a couple things in mind to work on. First I went to the green with one ball only. This is to increase my focus on every single putt I made. Throwing down 3 or 4 balls I think is good for repetition on short putts. I wanted to work more on those lag putts that I kept coming up way short on. I threw down one ball and started putting across the green. I like to do this to try and gauge green speed at first. After a few putts I then started working on the long lag putts. I didnt walk off the distance but I would say they were in the 40' range. Every putt was coming up short. Way short just like when I played last two rounds.

So it was this point I had to stop and think about what I was doing. And it came to me that it was what I wasnt doing. I realized that my putting stroke was way off. I was rocking my shoulders but not putting with the medicine ball type stroke. I just thought of Jman and his post of the medicine ball practice stroke. So I started over. Looking over my putt. Did two practice strokes from behind the line and then addressed the ball and set up. Now I did the correct stroke with the rocking of the shoulders and things completely changed. I actually started hitting the ball past the hole. If it doesnt get to the hole it cant go in. Wayne Gretzky missed 100% of the shots he never took. So now Im making putts from all over the place. And now those little 2-5' putts are becoming automatic again. Needless to say I left the putting green feeling 1000x better then before I got there. And for good measure I threw the ball down for one last putt. It was downhill and long. At least two breaks. Nothing but the bottom of the cup.

As usual with my golf game I fall into bad habits without realizing it. This is what seemed to happen with my putting here lately and hopefully this practice session helped to fix that.

Yep, 28! Thank you good sir!

YES Kmac!!!! I love it dude! The medicine ball thought/drill/stroke REALLY does work and I'm so very glad that Brady pounded it into my head how cool of a tool it is, because it really and truly is. When you mention you were rocking but not using "the medicine ball stroke" I know EXACTLY what you are saying.

GOOD for you buddy, nothing like having that "aha" moment when you've been struggling.

Jman I was looking at your trend in distances for second putts. Are those putts short or long. Mind you, it may have been stated but I just went to the card and still have to complete the review you wrote

Jman I was looking at your trend in distances for second putts. Are those putts short or long. Mind you, it may have been stated but I just went to the card and still have to complete the review you wrote

I had some iffy ones today that fell in tweener land, typically though I'm seeing inside of 4 feet, even from REALLY long putts. I really like that fact too because I genuinely believe anything 4 feet and in is going in the bottom of the cup, CRAZY confidence over those (even though I did miss one because of a rushed read on my part from 3.5'...stupid me).

Yep, 28! Thank you good sir!

YES Kmac!!!! I love it dude! The medicine ball thought/drill/stroke REALLY does work and I'm so very glad that Brady pounded it into my head how cool of a tool it is, because it really and truly is. When you mention you were rocking but not using "the medicine ball stroke" I know EXACTLY what you are saying.

GOOD for you buddy, nothing like having that "aha" moment when you've been struggling.

Yeah it was like I was rocking my shoulders but not letting the putter head do its thing. Like I was trying to keep the head still going back and it was throwing the whole stroke off and a lot too. Soon as I started doing it the right way I was getting the distance back on my putts and making them.

Yeah it was like I was rocking my shoulders but not letting the putter head do its thing. Like I was trying to keep the head still going back and it was throwing the whole stroke off and a lot too. Soon as I started doing it the right way I was getting the distance back on my putts and making them.

Would you say that there's any difference in wrist action between the two? I try to keep my wrists very quiet in the putting stroke now (I tried a couple different methods in the past that didn't work out so well), so I'm curious.

Yep, I can hear Brady in my head telling me again and again to rock your shoulders and feel just letting the putter head release back and through on its own. It does wonders.

Great write up Kevin. I loved the hockey line! Lol. When you look at the hole are you looking past now on longer or uphill putts?

Would you say that there's any difference in wrist action between the two? I try to keep my wrists very quiet in the putting stroke now (I tried a couple different methods in the past that didn't work out so well), so I'm curious.

I'm not Kmac but I know for me there is NO wrist action in my stroke, its all in my shoulder rock like my SPi guy Brady showed and taught me. I like it because I'm no longer getting "handsy" and "hitting" the putt like I used to from time to time, I now simply stroke the putt with my shoulders.

I'm not Kmac but I know for me there is NO wrist action in my stroke, its all in my shoulder rock like my SPi guy Brady showed and taught me. I like it because I'm no longer getting "handsy" and "hitting" the putt like I used to from time to time, I now simply stroke the putt with my shoulders.

I'm feeling the same way about it. I love the pendulum feeling, and it really simplifies the stroke. Fewer moving parts means a lot fewer things for me to potentially screw up.

Well, Id say very little wrist action. Even with the wrong stroke I had little wrist action but I wasnt letting the putter head release back and through like Jman says. Once I started doing that all the sudden my putts were back to a more true roll.

Yep, I can hear Brady in my head telling me again and again to rock your shoulders and feel just letting the putter head release back and through on its own. It does wonders.

Huge difference once I started doing that. And I dont even have the medicine ball haha

Great write up Kevin. I loved the hockey line! Lol. When you look at the hole are you looking past now on longer or uphill putts?

Actually no Im not. Should I be looking past the hole? Is that what you are doing to make sure you get the ball there?

Actually no Im not. Should I be looking past the hole? Is that what you are doing to make sure you get the ball there?

It's personal preference. I've messed with it a little recently. Just curious. Excited about our SeeMore get together on Saturday.

It's personal preference. I've messed with it a little recently. Just curious. Excited about our SeeMore get together on Saturday.

Me too dude. Should we put some action on lowest amount of putts? haha we better not. But I might think about that though, I dont think Ive ever looked past the hole.

Me too dude. Should we put some action on lowest amount of putts? haha we better not. But I might think about that though, I dont think Ive ever looked past the hole.

Let's play for putter Pink Slips!!!!!!!!!!

I had my best putting day in my life on Tuesday with my new m8. Such a great putter, love the mid mallet look to it, and the insert just feels so great.

I had my best putting day in my life on Tuesday with my new m8. Such a great putter, love the mid mallet look to it, and the insert just feels so great.

Congrats man. It's been awesome for me during the entire process.

Shark... I just read through recap and I appreciate you candor. I have a question for you. Are you just not gauging your speed well? I ask because your second putt distance seem to be a little long. And the three putts seem to be due to a firm second putt. What is your mind sets over your putts?

Shark... I just read through recap and I appreciate you candor. I have a question for you. Are you just not gauging your speed well? I ask because your second putt distance seem to be a little long. And the three putts seem to be due to a firm second putt. What is your mind sets over your putts?

My speed was definitely off last round. I could take the easy way out and say that it was hard to gauge the speeds of the greens, because due to the weather in the area the greens were in mixed conditions (some dry and fast, some downright moist due to overwatering). But I don't think that I can do that. I take the blame. My mindset was absolutely one of overconfidence. "Oh, I got this...." It worked out on some putts, and not so well on others.

Even though I would consider it an off day in relation to my previous round and practices, it's still an improvement over where I was 2 months ago. Most of my drills and practice at home have been focused on target and hitting my line, with speed not being a factor. I'm going to alter my at home drill routines to include a speed factor. Maybe change my target to a coaster or poker chip.

My speed was definitely off last round. I could take the easy way out and say that it was hard to gauge the speeds of the greens, because due to the weather in the area the greens were in mixed conditions (some dry and fast, some downright moist due to overwatering). But I don't think that I can do that. I take the blame. My mindset was absolutely one of overconfidence. "Oh, I got this...." It worked out on some putts, and not so well on others.

Even though I would consider it an off day in relation to my previous round and practices, it's still an improvement over where I was 2 months ago. Most of my drills and practice at home have been focused on target and hitting my line, with speed not being a factor. I'm going to alter my at home drill routines to include a speed factor. Maybe change my target to a coaster or poker chip.
Chan gave me a speed drill. Take 3 balls to the center of the green and putt to three different spots of varying distances. It not a make drill but a hit your spot drill. Keep doing it until you comfortable with the speed of the greens. It not only will help you the speed but breaks up the trend of trying to make 10' footers from one place. Keep up the good work, it looks like you are seeing some positives like the rest of us.

Chan gave me a speed drill. Take 3 balls to the center of the green and putt to three different spots of varying distances. It not a make drill but a hit your spot drill. Keep doing it until you comfortable with the speed of the greens. It not only will help you the speed but breaks up the trend of trying to make 10' footers from one place. Keep up the good work, it looks like you are seeing some positives like the rest of us.

Thanks Freddie. I'm definitely seeing improvements, and am very happy with the process so far. The fantastic part, I think, is that the SeeMore methods are solid enough to show rapid improvements for many of us, but also sustainable so that we'll see long haul improvements as well.

Thanks Freddie. I'm definitely seeing improvements, and am very happy with the process so far. The fantastic part, I think, is that the SeeMore methods are solid enough to show rapid improvements for many of us, but also sustainable so that we'll see long haul improvements as well.
I agree 100%, the theory is solid and can be effective for anyone willing to follow. Glad I'm going through this with you guys. I'm learning a lot.

I agree 100%, the theory is solid and can be effective for anyone willing to follow. Glad I'm going through this with you guys. I'm learning a lot.

That's it right there to me, if you are willing to open up to it, the theory just makes sense. I'm like you Freddie, I've learned alot about myself and from everyone else in here as well. Truly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back