2012 London Olympics (Spoilers)

Wtf? Did they JUST shoot that commercial? Updated with the audio AND time from that last race.

5 hr delay in coverage, pretty easy to plug that clip into a commercial.

5 hr delay in coverage, pretty easy to plug that clip into a commercial.

Oh crap I forgot about the delay, duh. But also they had the lady in the commercial write the new world record on a white board, so they must have filmed that part.

Americans dominate the vault, Russians dominate the uneven bars - like a tie score at halftime in the Super Bowl.

Americans dominate the vault, Russians dominate the uneven bars - like a tie score at halftime in the Super Bowl.

Gabby hasn't gone yet....

Gabby hasn't gone yet....

But the bars aren't her specialty. The Russian girl put up a 15.9, and for Gabby to match that, she'd have to darn near perfect her routine.

Oh crap I forgot about the delay, duh. But also they had the lady in the commercial write the new world record on a white board, so they must have filmed that part.

Done in one, two takes max. They show the actress write something on the board, but then cut to just the number being written. Someone writes it, add it in quick. Probably took an hour to finish that commercial once they got the new clip and time.

Side note, hello Dominique Dawes. Time has been very good to you I see.

She did grow up well... Dominique is Halle Berry pretty.

She did grow up well... Dominique is Halle Berry pretty.

I would agree with that comparison. Just a beautiful girl. Shannon Miller on the other hand I didn't quite recognize.

But the bars aren't her specialty. The Russian girl put up a 15.9, and for Gabby to match that, she'd have to darn near perfect her routine.
I'm trying to think back to the routine Gabby did in the team competition on Tuesday and I think her max was something like 16.2, so yeah - near perfect needed not to lose some significant ground.

I don't mean to come across negative - just the Rooskies are sooooo good on these bars.

Yeah, that was a great routine by the other Russian. Come on, Gabby!

Coxswain is a funny word.

Kevin

Solid routine by Gabby there.

That was pretty solid girl, jeez.

Why isn't there a separate channel for events like ping pong, badminton, corn hole, and Jarts? I never see when these are on.

Kevin

Ooh, that Russian severely effed up that routine. Opening the door for the US...

And I saw both table tennis and badminton today, Esox. And it was glorious.

That Russian girl that just fell off the beam always looks stoned.

Ooh, that Russian severely effed up that routine. Opening the door for the US...

And I saw both table tennis and badminton today, Esox. And it was glorious.

When do they show that stuff? I want to see both.

Kevin

When do they show that stuff? I want to see both.

Kevin

In the middle of the day mostly. Check nbcolympics.com for TV listings.

Gabby with another VERY solid routine! Keep that lead, girl!

Ouch...Raisman really effed up that routine.

Aly wants to punch the cameraman who won't get away from her right now.

They make the balance beam look hard.

Back