What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same tees as yesterday 72.4/141 but I rode today and I was expecting the bad bounces after all the good ones yesterday. I did get a couple. One was about three feet from the short grass into a patch of three inch deep bermuda rough, hacked it to under the lip of a trap and made double bogie. Another ball kicked into a bunker with an impossible lie, I should have taken unplayable and dropped in the bunker but there was no place to drop in line with the pin and made another double bogie. "Rough" day, 79 (38, 41)

Dang bro you are gonna have to tighten up before you bring it down to the goat patch :alien:

76 with borrowed clubs.

I'm having a real hard time buying in to fittings these days. This is twice I have been burnt.

76 with borrowed clubs.

I'm having a real hard time buying in to fittings these days. This is twice I have been burnt.

Go with what ya know dude. Nice round today!

That was with a triple bogey and 3 3 putts as well. I had 5 birdies.

FG Tours in the house!

Interesting! Do you want them?

Interesting! Do you want them?

They are a nice club but I've got something else in the works that I am pretty excited about. I really hope the I20's work though.

Vokeys were on fire like they never left the bag.

Solid round JRod! Looking forward to sharing a round with you in Iowa man.

Solid round JRod! Looking forward to sharing a round with you in Iowa man.

Pretty excited myself bro. Damn it felt good to hit an iron shot. I was starting to get worried I forgot how to play this game.

nice round Jrod. i played with a set of borrowed irons and played really well and broke 80 when my C tapers were being installed.... pretty awesome feeling for me im sure you feel the same. hope you find a set that works for you. and you like.

My best score on my home course today 79 net 65 for 1st place. Even had 2 pretty ridiculous doubles due to horrific wedges. Even won 2 of the 4 proximity to the holes. I've never won one of those before. I'm loving swapping out the x24s for the mp52s.

nice round Jrod. i played with a set of borrowed irons and played really well and broke 80 when my C tapers were being installed.... pretty awesome feeling for me im sure you feel the same. hope you find a set that works for you. and you like.

Hopefully the I20's pan out but if not I have a secret backup plan thanks to an awesome thper.

Well, I'm going the wrong way. Today was my 4th round on the West Coast since beginning of May after only being able to go to the range 5 times since then. It's starting to show.

I shot over 90 for the first time in over 2 years with a 47/44 for a 91. I had 6 freaking doubles. Hit 70% of fairways overall which is where my game has just taken off. I only hit 40% GIR but it took me about 5-6 holes to finally figure out how far I hit the DPC's.

Here's the best part: 39 freaking putts. I can't even put into words how bad my game is from 50 yards in. I just don't feel comfortable over anything and just have no clue what to do. It's a really frustrating feeling because my tee game and iron play has improved DRASTICALLY from where I was a year ago. I'd hoped to shoot par by the end of this year but it's not looking like that's going to happen. In fact, I may have to change my goals just to just try and keep my handicap to under a 10. It was a frustrating day. If I wasn't playing with such an awesome group of guys in Dr. Teeth, Oregon Golfer, and tequilaKapp I may have walked off the course, that's how bad it was.

My best score on my home course today 79 net 65 for 1st place. Even had 2 pretty ridiculous doubles due to horrific wedges. Even won 2 of the 4 proximity to the holes. I've never won one of those before. I'm loving swapping out the x24s for the mp52s.
You can call those "KP's" instead of proximity to the holes.

I had a really frustrating round today. Half my holes were great. I had 3 birdies and several tap in Pars that made me feel like I was headed in the right direction. Then I go off and triple a long par three with a shot in the hazard and then triple another hole on the back. Ended with a 84 and just don't know how I can be so consistently inconsistent???

Ok first post Morgan Cup round. Got out quick and liked how I was hitting the ball. Was +2 on the front so I decided to play the back as well. Unfortunately I ran in to some issues on a couple of holes where I ended up with a double and a triple. Made a clubs mistake on a par 5 as well. All in all shot 81. Not awful but could have been better.

Ok first post Morgan Cup round. Got out quick and liked how I was hitting the ball. Was +2 on the front so I decided to play the back as well. Unfortunately I ran in to some issues on a couple of holes where I ended up with a double and a triple. Made a clubs mistake on a par 5 as well. All in all shot 81. Not awful but could have been better.

"interesting" shots?

"interesting" shots?

Nah I got stuck behind people playing slow( I played the first 12 holes In 65 minutes). So then I got a little out of rhythm for a couple of holes. Very happy with how I hit it.

I have that same problem with sweaty hands and wet grips. This past week the humidity has been pretty high here, Tuesday my hands were so wet I couldn't hold on to the club then it dawned on me, last week the same problem because of rain and I wore rain gloves. I put those rain gloves on Tuesday and it was terrific. They are becoming a permanent fixture on humid days for me. It looks kind of funny, two gloves in the broiling sun but works amazingly well. When other guys are changing conventional gloves every two or three holes because of being wet, mine are just gripping better.
ive wanted to try that but it seems brutally hot
I don't get extremely sweaty palms, but I sweat a lot otherwise and my gloves get damp if I leave them on. My solution has always worked just fine for me: dry my hands before teeing, put my glove on, hit shot, take glove off. Rinse and repeat on approach.

The bonus is that I don't have a funny, less tan hand.

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk
once i take my glove off when im sweating... its near impossible to put it back on or at least its a struggle
This is my go-to product for sweaty hands, works great. I get the big tube off Amazon:

6274a810-7910-da13.jpg
does it come in a roll on? hahahaha

today was weird
43/39 82
got on the bogey train early and couldnt get off for the longest
finally started hitting shots on the back after a couple of adult beverages

Set a new record for myself today with an 80!!! I'm thrilled, still had too many putts though (34.)

Today I finally broke 100. Shot a 97, lowest score to date. I set a goal for myself to try and break 100 by the end of August when I started playing a couple months ago, and did it today. Can't wait for Monday to see if I can do it again.

Congrats! You should post this in the Breaking 100 thread.

Today I finally broke 100. Shot a 97, lowest score to date. I set a goal for myself to try and break 100 by the end of August when I started playing a couple months ago, and did it today. Can't wait for Monday to see if I can do it again.

Congrats Dunn! I heard awhile ago that only 20% of the golfers in the world can break 100... Makes ya feel pretty good, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back