Odyssey Putters 2012

Wow. I was just dropping here to ask about a CS MX #7 as I had been seeing pics of them and you guys were already talking about it! Can you special request a putter from odyssey like you could a botique putter? And ask for a CSMX#7 with your own alignment aid style or do they not do that?
I highly doubt they do that. The response they would get for something like that would be nearly impossible for them to fulfill.

Woohoo CS #7!!!! I'm praying that they are available to lefties.

Our Cally rep said a CS Rossie is in the works and will be here soon....I almost hugged him

From what I know, a C/S #7 is on the way. Havent seen or heard anything about a C/S Rossie.

4bf925e4-69a1-4771.jpg

Sorry for the terrible pic. Now 35-1/2 inches w/ Winn Jumbo Lite.

100x better on the practice green. I like!

Posted via tapatalk

4bf925e4-69a1-4771.jpg

Sorry for the terrible pic. Now 35-1/2 inches w/ Winn Jumbo Lite.

100x better on the practice green. I like!

Posted via tapatalk

Dude, I like it! I rolled another MX7 yesterday at Golf Galaxy with that same grip. Very similar to my Super Stroke slim. That combo just flat out rocks. Keeps the hands quiet and lets the putter do the work.

I can't be hunched. Drives me nuts. I love that grip too.

Posted via tapatalk

I can't be hunched. Drives me nuts. I love that grip too.

Posted via tapatalk

That grip is very good, I'm a fan of it too.

You and me both Thain, I'm PUMPED about the CS Rossie.

Our Cally rep said a CS Rossie is in the works and will be here soon....I almost hugged him

So cool, you guys rep sounds like he was a truly awesome dude. I'm so happy the CS #6 and CS Rossie were two of the winners in the vote for new models. I adore the #6, talk about a classic design that fits my eye, the normal #6 flow neck holds a near and dear place in my heart but a CS makes it THAT much better.

I'll be getting one of the CS models I'm almost certain. I don't know why but the insert in these is just freaking awesome and I can't get enough of it.

I'll be getting one of the CS models I'm almost certain. I don't know why but the insert in these is just freaking awesome and I can't get enough of it.

I'm definitely pondering the CS Rossie or CS #7 for sure...

I was pretty dissappointed in my putting today with the #7. I putted great on the practice green but ended up with 39 putts on the course. I just couldn't get comfortable over anything and really was clueless. I really like this putter but I haven't actually had a GREAT round with it yet, so I'm not quite sure where I'm headed as far as flat sticks go.

I was pretty dissappointed in my putting today with the #7. I putted great on the practice green but ended up with 39 putts on the course. I just couldn't get comfortable over anything and really was clueless. I really like this putter but I haven't actually had a GREAT round with it yet, so I'm not quite sure where I'm headed as far as flat sticks go.

It took me quite a few holes to get anything halfway close with my Rossie today. You'll get it.

It took me quite a few holes to get anything halfway close with my Rossie today. You'll get it.

My lines really aren't terrible, it's the speed that just has me perplexed. I think this is my 3rd round with it now and I'd say I'm averaging 35 putts. I plan to put in a lot more work when I get back to NC. I don't want to switch putters, so I'm going to just work hard and try to figure this thing out.

Continued to roll the number 7 metal x very well this weekend - won a big $ match in vermont. The thing is lights out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk

It's interesting that not only did I not get the irons or hybrids I was expecting to, I also did not get the putter I expected to. I figured the Rossie was mine since I liked the SeeMore Si3 so much, but I couldn't get comfortable with it. Did you both hit a lot of putters before deciding on what you ended up with or did you know what you wanted and just got it?

It's interesting that not only did I not get the irons or hybrids I was expecting to, I also did not get the putter I expected to. I figured the Rossie was mine since I liked the SeeMore Si3 so much, but I couldn't get comfortable with it. Did you both hit a lot of putters before deciding on what you ended up with or did you know what you wanted and just got it?

I hit all the MX line and decided on the #7 without even reading about any of the success everyone had been having with it on here. It just fit my eye the best and the weighting felt nice.

I hit all the MX line and decided on the #7 without even reading about any of the success everyone had been having with it on here. It just fit my eye the best and the weighting felt nice.
Great, that's what I did too. Did you have an idea like I did, of what you thought you would get? If so, was it different than the #7?

I wanted a face balanced mallet Smalls and really wanted something I could slap the THP headcover on. I ended up liking the Rossie more than the 7 and just need to hit it harder.

Great, that's what I did too. Did you have an idea like I did, of what you thought you would get? If so, was it different than the #7?

Nope! I didn't have a darn clue. I just went into Golf Galaxy one day looking a new putter because the fgp blade wasn't working out and for some reason I always seem to go back to mallets or mid mallets or just anything besides a blade. I tried all kinds of stuff and eventually decided I liked the MX line the best. From there I knocked out the blades and then the #7 just rolled it the best for me.

I need to roll Franks Rossie. Very excited about the CS options coming as well. Might need one of each. Thinking of changing the grip on my 2ball. Want to take my fingers out of the stroke and I think the jumbo will do that

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I need to roll Franks Rossie. Very excited about the CS options coming as well. Might need one of each. Thinking of changing the grip on my 2ball. Want to take my fingers out of the stroke and I think the jumbo will do that

We should all play in Raleigh and just have an Odyssey party

I've never gone into getting a new putter before with an open mind (I always got the one I wanted!) so it's interesting to hear others thoughts. Your processes were very similar to mine!

With your small little hands the midsized grip on mine will seem like a jumbo. We will get you a milk crate to stand on b/c it's 35" long.

Back