Longest drive Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
372 today on the Par 5 15th. Cobra Long Tom 10* Stiff and a Nike Vapor Black. Left me with 155 to the hole. Of course, my approach was left, chipped on and 2 putted for par. Probably the best look at eagle I have ever had.

Uh wow that is an absolute bomb. Wish I could hit it like that

562 yard par 4 15th Hole at Pasadera Country Club. (this is the longest regular par 4 in the USA) Back tees are about 300 feet above the fairway which continues to run downhill. If you hit your drive just right and you can hit it about 270, then you can catch a slope in the fairway and end up with about 150-160 left to the center of the green, as I did yesterday. 400-410. Pretty lucky shot as just to the left is a plateau that catches most drives and leaves you about 200-220 left to the green.

Most people in this thread take their longest drive for their average. For example, on the previous page, if you average 290 yards with your drive but "never hit it over 300", then it's quite difficult to average 290. I really dont think internet golfers understand what an average is.

So, using that logic, I bladed an 8iron yesterday about 190 yards. So, I guess I hit my 8iron 190 now.
TH can do that, haha. I'm making it sound like he's long all day, but he really doesn't do that all the time. But it can happen, and it's amazing to watch.

It's b/c most folks step up to a tee and on the scorecard or hole plaque it says 450 yards then they hit driver, get out to their ball and have 135 left. That's 315 dudes! All day long!
Yep, and they also assume that the scorecard or tee box signs are accurate, as well as the 150 yard markers being spot on too. So many people have told me they thought they hit it farther once they asked me to GPS their drives.

Also, many don't take into consideration that cutting the corner on a dogleg makes a 350 yard hole much shorter than that.

Im a huge fan of bombed drives. I hope some of these long ballers come out to THP Tour Van Events to showcase it. Dead serious, I love seeing it.

Bring the van to (or semi-close to) Ohio and I will come out and do my best to entertain you. Pinky swear.

Bring the van to (or semi-close to) Ohio and I will come out and do my best to entertain you. Pinky swear.

Or...You could come down to the THP Outing. That might work right? I do love long ballers.

Or...You could come down to the THP Outing. That might work right? I do love long ballers.

I guess he doesn't read the rant thread, lol.

Out of curiosity. Anyone know a good free android app for measuring distance..ie click on tee, click at ball and get distance?

Out of curiosity. Anyone know a good free android app for measuring distance..ie click on tee, click at ball and get distance?

I don't use them, but wouldn't that be included in any gps app?

No idea...I dont have any gps apps (oob free version does not include the gps feature)

What about the tee do you think gives you the added distance?

i'm not no golf analysis but i just know i'm now driving it further, doing nothing new and the launch monitor at my local golf shop shows that my ball speed is now averaging 154-156 compared to about average of 148 while teeing up with the DT1 (the golf shop actually uses this tee as their test tee when people try out equipment and stuff which is how i found out about it). driver is callaway ft-tour 8.5 deg.

so other then that, i dont know how else to explain it haha

Hoping I can put on a nice display down at AC in a month. Been struggling off the tee the last two rounds (a little too outside-in), but when I get my hands through as I did the first 3 months of the season, it has been a smoke show.

Played on friday. 10th Hole at Heron Glenn (Raritan NJ), 530 yard Par 5 and a smoke a driver with a bit of a draw, rolled out to 330 yards. Hit six iron into the green and two putted for birthday. Average drive is probably somewhere around 285, but when I pure it, it goes over 300.

Challenge accepted.

Already planning on making the outing next year, if financially feasible, and gonna throw my name out there for the next MC. I'd love to get a chance to meet some THP'ers and naturally I'd set some time aside to hit some drives.

No idea...I dont have any gps apps (oob free version does not include the gps feature)

Golfshot GPS, dude! It's the best out there IMO, and has this feature.

GolfLogix. Its pretty accurate. Usually 1-2 yards off at worst.

GolfLogix. Its pretty accurate. Usually 1-2 yards off at worst.

I use GolfLogix as my standalone GPS. It's no frills but gives me the info I need.

I need to up my driving distance if I want to go somewhere with this game. My driver and 4 wood distances are pitiful compared to where they need to be. I get about 250-260 out of driver. Time to go to the range with a camera to see what we can do.

I need to up my driving distance if I want to go somewhere with this game. My driver and 4 wood distances are pitiful compared to where they need to be. I get about 250-260 out of driver. Time to go to the range with a camera to see what we can do.

Average on tour is only 288 buddy. If you're hitting your driver 260 you're doing just fine. And you're way above average for the rest of the golfers in the world. I wouldn't stress about that too much, as long as you're accurate.

Average on tour is only 288 buddy. If you're hitting your driver 260 you're doing just fine. And you're way above average for the rest of the golfers in the world. I wouldn't stress about that too much, as long as you're accurate.

I'm not accurate, lol. And 260 may be on the high end. I just need a bit more distance to be able to feel comfortable on a course that plays 7200 yards or so. Still a bit long for me.

I'd love to average 260! Heck, I'd love to average 250! (For more than a round here and there)

I'm not accurate, lol. And 260 may be on the high end. I just need a bit more distance to be able to feel comfortable on a course that plays 7200 yards or so. Still a bit long for me.

Why are you playing 7200 yards? That seems a little counter productive. Is that the only choice of tees you have?

Why are you playing 7200 yards? That seems a little counter productive. Is that the only choice of tees you have?

I don't. I have played from that length or longer before, but I would like to be able to play from there. The goal (really lofty) is to keep working and hopefully meet the golf coach and hopefully work my way onto the team by senior year, even if I never go to tourneys or matches. Just to be a part of it and practices and whatnot. That's what I hope anyways.

I don't. I have played from that length or longer before, but I would like to be able to play from there. The goal (really lofty) is to keep working and hopefully meet the golf coach and hopefully work my way onto the team by senior year, even if I never go to tourneys or matches. Just to be a part of it and practices and whatnot. That's what I hope anyways.

Oh ok gotcha. Well good luck man! I know of a few ACC golfers in the area and know how much work they put in..you've got your work cut out for you!

Oh ok gotcha. Well good luck man! I know of a few ACC golfers in the area and know how much work they put in..you've got your work cut out for you!

Yeah I plan on putting a ton of work in since I'll have easy access to a course and good practice area and range for the first time ever.

I actually heard about an interview with Kyle Stanley and they asked him when he knew he'd be a PGA Tour golfer, ad he said when he learned they put lights at the range. So apparently they have a lighted range too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back