The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see yours, and raise you a:

Led Zepplin, Cream, Iggy Pop, Radiohead, Neutral Milk Hotel, and Fleetwood Mac.
The Zepplin and Fleetwood Mac works. But substitute Boston, Kansas, Queen and Meatloaf for the rest.

Love Jimi. Grateful Dead was never my thing.

The Roots is an awesome band too.

Yeah that's my kind of stuff. Rock out!

Toby Keith, Hank Williams, Jr., Brad Paisley, Shania Twain, Sara Evans, Reba McEntire, and so on and so on.

Smalls, I just died a little.

That sir, is not country.

The Zepplin and Fleetwood Mac works. But substitute Boston, Kansas, Queen and Meatloaf for the rest.

And just like that, you fix the piece that died. That, is a great list.

This.

Fiona Apple is such a badass. She doesn't care what her fans want to hear, she just makes what she feels like.

Brad is pretty good, Toby started off well but sucks SOO Bad these days, I love me some Hank Jr. and I like Reba, you can keep those others. I dear lord keep Shania Twain away from me... unless she is naked... and not singing.

Brad is pretty good, Toby started off well but sucks SOO Bad these days, I love me some Hank Jr. and I like Reba, you can keep those others. I dear lord keep Shania Twain away from me... unless she is naked... and not singing.

Jr. is the only on there I like and consider country. Radio country is trash IMO.

Jr. is the only on there I like and consider country. Radio country is trash IMO.

I for the most part agree, but if you pick up a Brad Paisley album, especially an early one, there is more good than bad. I usually don't like his singles as much, but the albums are usually solid. The instrumentals are always great on their own, the dude is talented with a guitar.

Toby and Reba I grew up on in the 90's. I still like early 90's country. But the newer stuff you can keep, with a few exceptions.

just booked my flight to Boston on 9/13, now trying to find a ticket to the Yankees/red Sox game at FENWAY!

If it wasn't Des Moines outing weekend is join you. Die hard Yankees fan. Hope that doesn't get me traded to the other team for the indy outing :p

Dan

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

I for the most part agree, but if you pick up a Brad Paisley album, especially an early one, there is more good than bad. I usually don't like his singles as much, but the albums are usually solid. The instrumentals are always great on their own, the dude is talented with a guitar.

Toby and Reba I grew up on in the 90's. I still like early 90's country. But the newer stuff you can keep, with a few exceptions.

Brad can play a guitar for sure. Believe me though, I've heard PLENTY of old stuff because my wife likes him, not good or true country to me.

I only listen to Texas Country (Red Dirt) though. Mike McClure, Bleu Edmondson, Jason Boland and the Stragglers, Wade Bowen, Bart Crow Band, Turnpike Toubadors....I could go on forever really....haha

If it wasn't Des Moines outing weekend is join you. Die hard Yankees fan. Hope that doesn't get me traded to the other team for the indy outing :p

Dan

Sent via my Samsung Galaxy S2 using tapatalk

see! i knew i had a reason to hate you! hahahaha jk man!

Brad can play a guitar for sure. Believe me though, I've heard PLENTY of old stuff because my wife likes him, not good or true country to me.

I only listen to Texas Country (Red Dirt) though. Mike McClure, Bleu Edmondson, Jason Boland and the Stragglers, Wade Bowen, Bart Crow Band, Turnpike Toubadors....I could go on forever really....haha

Those are all some of my favorite bands as well. Although I haven't listened to much of the turnpike troubadours. I also love reckless kelly, aaron watson, kyle park and whiskey myers.

Tapin for bird

Anybody on hear listen to or have heard of The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band? I like them quite a bit.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Anybody on hear listen to or have heard of The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band? I like them quite a bit.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I used to listen to them alot, I need topull them up on spotify,I haven't listed to them in quite a while.

I used to listen to them alot, I need topull them up on spotify,I haven't listed to them in quite a while.

Great band! Bring em' back.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Should we go ahead and open up a "Welcome back, Icemann" thread so when he comes back in a couple weeks after he's sharpened his game up (or got out of in-school suspension for giving some poor kid a one two piece, whichever it is) he'll feel how he was truly missed?

Tapping till 12-21-2012

She never even calls me by my name.

Best country song ever.

Also I don't give a dang what kind of genre music is put into, good music is good music.

Country boy by Aaron Lewis
The high cost of living by Jamie Johnson two of my favorite songs right now.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

Jman do you like cross Canadian ragweed? I grew up on a lot of this music and I used to frequent billy bobs in Dallas and listen to most of these guys

Joan Jett, Aerosmith, Pink Floyd, Lita Ford, Led Zeppelin, Nickleback... That's how I roll :)

Y'all gonna make me download spotify again...

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

She never even calls me by my name.

Best country song ever.

Also I don't give a dang what kind of genre music is put into, good music is good music.

Country boy by Aaron Lewis
The high cost of living by Jamie Johnson two of my favorite songs right now.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

Well I was drunk the day my mom, got out of prison....

Here's my list for the next few hours, then I'm off to start my running.

Frank Ocean, Tune-Yards, Roots, Talib Kweli, Common.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back