2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely not dude. It is like we always had the 2012 event in our future vision and then it is over and your perspective just changes on things (at least for me). I already have the excitement for the 2013 Morgan Cup and anxiously await every little tidbit that is released about it.

Heck no. I'm still hoping that JB posts a message that says the guys from Team Paradise are coming back for another crack at it haha

Glad to hear I am not alone guys hahahah

Totally financial for me.

If I could, I'd come to every event.

I would love to attend both, my problem is my income isnt the greatest. It sucks when I want to get involved more and can't because of money.

So how does one choose?

General question. How many that are interested in this event next year are also interested in the outing and how will one choose?

I would love to do both; I started a golf account to fund my adventures. I guess it really depends on the future.

General question. How many that are interested in this event next year are also interested in the outing and how will one choose?

I'm interested in both, and think I could possibly make both happen. The thing that would hold me back from doing both is if I end up getting married next summer, which is incredibly likely. It would be hard to squeeze in two trips with a wedding both time wise and financially. I will no doubt make one or the other happen. If the stars align I would definitely do both. Having the Outing an hour away makes it much more likely that I could do both.

I put the bug in the wife's ear about this already. Fingers are crossed that both are in play. May is a tough month however.

So how does one choose?

Good question. I already started setting aside $20 a week (not much, but with three littles ones and 1 income, thats it) for next year. I want to try to get into MC2013. If not, the Outing can be a nice vacation for the wife and I. We need it. I have been showing her all the posts made by the wives, showing her that she would have a great time as well.

I am seriously scrambling on how to get to St. Louis. I have been looking forward to meeting you and GG and other THPer's for way to long.

I think if I had to choose, assuming I had the $$, I'd go with the Morgan Cup. I know I can't "get in" as a player, but I'd go as part of Morgan's Brigade to volunteer.

Good question. I already started setting aside $20 a week (not much, but with three littles ones and 1 income, thats it) for next year. I want to try to get into MC2013. If not, the Outing can be a nice vacation for the wife and I. We need it. I have been showing her all the post made by the wives. showing her that she would have a great time as well.

I am seriously scrambling on how to get to St. Louis. I have been looking forward to meeting you and GG and other THPer's for way to long.

Herein lies the problem and one that I think many might have. Signup for the outing comes first. Genuinely curious here, what makes the MC more desirable? Have you viewed the videos from the outings?

Good question. I already started setting aside $20 a week (not much, but with three littles ones and 1 income, thats it) for next year. I want to try to get into MC2013. If not, the Outing can be a nice vacation for the wife and I. We need it. I have been showing her all the post made by the wives. showing her that she would have a great time as well.

Good for you dude! That's awesome that you're already sacrificing for it. I have to do the same.

FOr me, I think the OUting is a little cheaper so that could sway me. Especially with the now unlimited golf at Reunion.

Herein lies the problem and one that I think many might have. Signup for the outing comes first. Genuinely curious here, what makes the MC more desirable? Have you viewed the videos from the outings?

I think many are discounting the outing right now because they are wrapped up in Morgan cup coverage. The outing is one special even in itself. The Morgan Cup looks awesome, and has its own positives. But if you haven't been to an event before (like I hadn't) there is no better chance to meet as many THPers as possible as the outing. I had an amazing time and think in on way is it outshined by any event.

I don't think I'd miss the outing again. That was a blast. I'd do both. If I got picked for the MC.

I loved the TX outing JB... And I'm sure the biggie is fantabulous. But as a choice, I'd want to be a part of the MC.

I'll be completely honest, I'm probably more excited about the Outing because its more laid back and although I desperately want to be in the MC 3.0, I do fear having competition hangups...like a monumental folding up like a lawn chair.

I think many are discounting the outing right now because they are wrapped up in Morgan cup coverage. The outing is one special even in itself. The Morgan Cup looks awesome, and has its own positives. But if you haven't been to an event before (like I hadn't) there is no better chance to meet as many THPers as possible as the outing. I had an amazing time and think in on way is it outshined by any event.

I think you are 100% correct Wake. The first outing at PGA National was my first THP experience and it was outstanding. So much that when we got back and heard there was going to be a second outing at PGA National we were one of the first people to sign up for it. It is a different atmosphere and there are more people. I think it's without a doubt the best way to get acclimated to a THP function. I imagine the Tour Stops will be similar to that.

Is it wrong that I am already getting excited for the next one? hahahaahhaa

definitely not, unless I am wrong too

I will be at both unless the outing falls on the same weekend as my Father's 75th birthday. Some things are more important than golf, and my Dad is one of them.

Yes. The outings look like a fantastic time. Being surrounded by all those different sets of clubs would be amazing.

For me the competative nature of the Morgan Cup is what gets me excited. I want to have the feeling that I am preparing to go into battle. I miss that from my days of playing baseball. I would work all offseason on my skills to go into next year in the best shape physically and mentally. Playing in the Morgan Cup would mean a reason to hone my skills to help my fellow temmates win. Its the experience of being looked upon to respresent a great golf company and Forum and fellow golfers, doing something you love to do, and having fun while doing it.

I'll be completely honest, I'm probably more excited about the Outing because its more laid back and although I desperately want to be in the MC 3.0, I do fear having competition hangups...like a monumental folding up like a lawn chair.

hahaha, not a chance dude. No one does that. That's what's cool about it, everyone seems to play well. Perhaps b/c we all root for each other.

I also think for me it's when the outing is date wise. If I'm selected for the MC and the dates also work for the outing then heck yes. My job also plays a big factor, they like to randomly change stuff. So as long as I request the time off I'm good to go.

Good for you dude! That's awesome that you're already sacrificing for it. I have to do the same.

FOr me, I think the OUting is a little cheaper so that could sway me. Especially with the now unlimited golf at Reunion.

Having a 6,4,and 2 year old strains you on the finances. Trying to plan for a vacation is basically out of the question financially. I have decided though that after what I have gone through in my life the last year. I deserve to do something for me.

I was kinda bummed that more MC ers weren't at the outing this year. I understand financially and work schedules can be difficult. But there are so many other THPers there and it was awesome seeing guys in the MC and talking to them about everything.

Well said.

I think you are 100% correct Wake. The first outing at PGA National was my first THP experience and it was outstanding. So much that when we got back and heard there was going to be a second outing at PGA National we were one of the first people to sign up for it. It is a different atmosphere and there are more people. I think it's without a doubt the best way to get acclimated to a THP function. I imagine the Tour Stops will be similar to that.

Also well said.

Yes. The outings look like a fantastic time. Being surrounded by all those different sets of clubs would be amazing.

For me the competative nature of the Morgan Cup is what gets me excited. I want to have the feeling that I am preparing to go into battle. I miss that from my days of playing baseball. I would work all offseason on my skills to go into next year in the best shape physically and mentally. Playing in the Morgan Cup would mean a reason to hone my skills to help my fellow temmates win. Its the experience of being looked upon to respresent a great golf company and Forum and fellow golfers, doing something you love to do, and having fun while doing it.

Well I am rooting for you, because it sounds like its MC or bust.

Well I am rooting for you, because it sounds like its MC or bust.

We'll see, when will the Outing signups be? It could be something where I can come up with the deposit, then use some of my Tax Return for the rest.

I was kinda bummed that more MC ers weren't at the outing this year. I understand financially and work schedules can be difficult. But there are so many other THPers there and it was awesome seeing guys in the MC and talking to them about everything.

Getting to live vicariously through the MCers was pretty cool at the outing. Bouncing equipment ideas off of guys like Ary and Tmex was awesome.

We'll see, when will the Outing signups be? It could be something where I can come up with the deposit, then use some of my Tax Return for the rest.

Dont have a date yet, but I can tell you it will be before Morgan Cup participants are named by a large margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back