Mizuno JPX 825 & 825 Pro Irons

Hybrids? Where?

My bad. I'm at work so I just Google'd the line to see the pics and hybrids were there. Didn't realize that they weren't in the thread.

EDIT : I see there's another thread for hybrids and woods.

Sent from my HTC One X

The 825s look sooooo nice. I need a set of Mizuno irons! (...must control self...)

The 825Ps looked great and if course I will be hitting to compare with my 800Ps.

TapAhoy!

I might be in the minority here in saying that Mizuno finally did it (with the exception of the MX-1000 and JPX 800HD) they finally made an ugly iron!

Me no gusta.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

Wow colt I am surprised I really like the pro.. The regular not so much but I think the pro is gorgeous

Not sure I see the difference between the old and new irons. Will need to see side by side to tell.

I will be taking these for a test drive for sure.

I almost see no differenc between the 800 pro and the 825 pro. I love my 800 pros.

I honestly don't SEE that much difference between the 825 Irons and my current 800s. I'd probably have to hit them side by side to really see if an upgrade would be warranted. If anything, I'd consider going from the 800s to the 825 Pros. Wouldn't be easy though since I hit the 800s quite nicely.

I really do like the look of the hybrid from the pics in the other thread.

So i sent an email to mizuno asking about the cavity as i thought it looked deeper from the photos and looks like i was right based on the reponse i got ..

Hi Trae,

The 825 Pro will have
similarities to the 800 Pro. The finish and overall color scheme is
basically unchanged. The technical differences between the two irons is
that the topline was thinned out on the 825 Pro. The pocket cavity was
also made deeper and wider on the 4-7 irons to make the COG deeper. This
will improve the ease of initial launch. This process also increased the
rebound area for a larger COR area. We actually added thickness behind
the face of the 8-GW for increased feel, and maneuverability. In a quick
summary, we made the new 825 Pro better looking at address, but yet, more
forgiving. If you need any additional information about these irons,
please let us know.

Best regards,

Mizuno USA

http://www.mizunousa.com

Consumer Support Division

1-800-966-1211

Nice info there trae, sounds pretty damn good from the description.

Nice info there trae, sounds pretty damn good from the description.

yea sounds good hopefully the local stores get some demos in soon.

Sounds identical to the marketing/design for the 800 series.

--
Tapatalk2

These look great. Unless there is a major improvement from the current 800's I'll keep my pros. I really love my pros!!!

on when they will be avail..

Hi Trae,

All of our new irons will be shipping to retailers on 9/10. Our PFS fitting accounts will have the new heads for the fitting carts between the 23rd-25th of this month.

Thank you ,

Mizuno USA
http://www.mizunousa.com
Consumer Support Division
1-800-966-1211

These look the same as my 800 pro's. Don't see much of a difference, I will defiantly hit these.

Had opportunity to hit these today and compared them heads up with my Mizuno JPX 800 Pro 6i. The 825's are certainly different in that Mizuno moved some of the toe weight and put it in the heel. The other noticable difference was the thinner top line on the 825's. Not significnatly thinner but it was visible. I hit them and they certainly had the Mizuno great feel for softness and I couldnt tell that much difference when comparing the 800 vs 825's.

In discussing with my slaes guy he commented the change did not appear that drastic to him either to warrant me changing. Neither of us beleived the club would improve my game significantly over the 800 pros so I am keeping my 800 pros. The 825's are a solid club and I was eagerly awaiting to hit these. If you dont have the 800 pros the 825's will be stellar but my test today did not reveal any reason for me to make the switch. Perhaps I will revisit when Muzino comes out with the next iteration, say the 850's. I will be interested to hear from other 800 pro owners and get their take as well.

SMG

Cool smg! Were you using the same shaft in the 825? I'm kinda curious about those as I enjoyed the 800 series.

Good to hear the top line is not as thick. That was one of my issues with the 800 pros.

I hit the 825 with both graphite and steel. My 800's have graphite so I did a heads up comparison with them. The top line is thinner which some had issue with on 800's but it never really bothered me. I like the look of the 825's and I am sure it will be a great seller.

Another thing...the 825's felt a tad bit heavier. I am not sure they are but it just seemed that way. Could have been the weight distribution.

Back