The Haney Project: Michael Phelps

Wow. More athletic than I expected. I think it is a pretty good swing.

Wow. More athletic than I expected. I think it is a pretty good swing.

My thoughts exactly after watching it. Haney should have it easy on this one. He always pushes fitness. No problem with phelps!!!

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Easily the best swing Haney has dealt with on the show.

Kevin

See, I'll actually watch this season now. They lost me the last couple.

They needed to get away from the three, four, whatever stars doing the makeover. It was just a hot mess and sporadic. I liked Romano and Sir Charles, because you actually felt like you were watching them progress. Last season, it was just all over the place. Phelps is an amazing athlete, so he should transition well.

They should do a season where Haney helps a guy named Eldrick with his swing.

Phelps swing instructor should be matt every. hey oh

this should be good. Looks like he's got a decent swing to work with. Definitely be looking to watch this!

They should do the Harmon project with me..??? You guys would watch right?

With all that upper body strength, and a long torso for a low center of gravity, i wonder how hard he swings.

i'm sure i'll give this one a watch on the DVR, as i usually do.
hopefully better than last series...felt it was rushed and done poorly with the 4 students.
will be interesting to see what kind of swing Phelps has...he should be able to get behind a ball.

im actually pretty excited about this. i might actually be able to watch more than one or 2 episodes.

I find it interesting that so few people will acknowledge that Rush Limbaugh was Haney's best student and made the most of his time on the show. No doubt he is a huge tool & a blowhard but in the end he actually took the instruction to heart and improved his game.

Phelps has the potential to be really good Golf Channel TV. If he can set aside the ego it takes to be a world class athlete and listen to Haney the results could phenomenal.

Definitely watching. Haney will get him dialed in. My guess is that if Phelps wants to be good at a sport, he will get good at that sport. I bet he plays Pebble Beach next year with the big boys. I wonder what pro will get him.

I find it interesting that so few people will acknowledge that Rush Limbaugh was Haney's best student and made the most of his time on the show. No doubt he is a huge tool & a blowhard but in the end he actually took the instruction to heart and improved his game.

Phelps has the potential to be really good Golf Channel TV. If he can set aside the ego it takes to be a world class athlete and listen to Haney the results could phenomenal.

I take it your not a Rush fan.

You are correct about how he approach the game with Hank, kinda like he does with his radio show,:D

I think it was during the Rush season where we saw Haney work with Phelps in his academy in China? Not surprised by this. Good timing on the heels of the Olympics by GC.

I take it your not a Rush fan.

You are correct about how he approach the game with Hank, kinda like he does with his radio show,:D

I don't really have an opinion on Rush's politics or radio show but yeah I don't much like him as a person.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say he doesn't do well.

I'll watch this season with Phelps in it.

The Golf Channel is GENIUS for starting the Haney show on the heels of the Olympic games with all the emotion and American pride still flowing. Phelps is the most decorated Olympian ever. He is an athletic dude with a decent swing. It should be good if he can take direction..... I'm rooting for him to do well.

I might watch, probably put it on the DVR and check out first episode. Not a Haney fan, I'd rather watch Harmon fine tune a golf swing than watch Haney remake a golf swing in his image. I don't think Phelps does well, as someone 6'5" I don't think the swing Haney teaches works for taller players.

Haney is annoying but i'll definitely watch with phelps in it. Man, to retire at 27 and do nothing else ever but to work on your golf game...that's the life.

Back