Callaway Razr X Irons - All Lines

Got a quick nine in at the nine hole course across the street. They seem a bit shorter than my cheapie clubs but I hit them straight and they felt good. My old clubs have graphite shafts and the Razrs have uniflex so I might have to get used to that a bit also. Other than a short stint back in the early nineties I am pretty new at this so there are all kinds of variables in my game no matter what the clubs. I'm playing in the morning at a nice course that I played yesterday with my old clubs. Should be a fairer comparison.

How did you like the height that these got? I was considering getting the HL hybrids for the added height over the X's, but on the launch monitor, while they were higher, it wasn't by enough to take the difference in distance.

Got a quick nine in at the nine hole course across the street. They seem a bit shorter than my cheapie clubs but I hit them straight and they felt good. My old clubs have graphite shafts and the Razrs have uniflex so I might have to get used to that a bit also. Other than a short stint back in the early nineties I am pretty new at this so there are all kinds of variables in my game no matter what the clubs. I'm playing in the morning at a nice course that I played yesterday with my old clubs. Should be a fairer comparison.

Irons with graphite shafts should be a little longer than steel in order to get the swing weight up

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

How did you like the height that these got? I was considering getting the HL hybrids for the added height over the X's, but on the launch monitor, while they were higher, it wasn't by enough to take the difference in distance.

As you stated, higher but not by a lot. The distance thing is not a big deal to me at this point. I'm not a big hitter anyway(good 5 iron 155 yards with old clubs) and I don't think the difference in 5 or ten yards per club is going to affect my score adversely, especially if I keep hitting them as straight and consistent as today. I only got 5 thru PW in this set, and have a hybrid on the way to fill the gap between irons and woods.

Last edited:
Played the Razr X HLs today for the second time. Just a bit shorter than the old clubs but not by much. The weakest part of my game is short irons and I hit some really nice 8 thru PW shots today. Very pleased so far. The reviews I read said the grips weren't too good on these irons but they seem fine to me.

Went to the range yesterday. Second time I have hit balls since the MC. Rust was going to be an issue. Except it wasn't. Started with the GW and took half swings. Made great contact.

Took aim at the 100 yard flag and took a full swing with the GW. 8out of 10 shots were on the green. The other 2 were yanks that might have been fine with a large green. Was repeatedly finding the center of the face.

Grabbed the 8i and took aim at the 150 flag. 6 of 10 were on the green. The other 4 would have all been playable. Once again I was making very solid contact. Ball flight was a spectacular high shot. The wind was up a little left to right. This played well for my draw as it held its line well.

Took the 6i and aimed at the 165 flag. My swing felt really in sync by this point and I proceeded to hit 8 of 10 greens. The 2 misses were ugly hooks. The 8 good shots were awesome. Great ball flight and man do I love the clicky feel of these.

Had a fun little contest with my i20 6i. Tried hitting different types of shots with each iron. The XFs were better for me on all types except for the shots that called for keeping the ball low. Its not that I cant flight the ball with the XFs. Its just easier with the 20s.

Walked away very happy with my swing and the XFs. I'm just making very solid contact with these irons. I also had my first thoughts about selling the 20s which truly shocked me

Just catching up on this thread made me go to the closet and get my Razr X Black 7 iron out and just hold it and caress it...it's so sexy and sleek and smooth! Okay, that does it...I am playing 9 holes tomorrow evening before I fly out Saturday morning!

Just catching up on this thread made me go to the closet and get my Razr X Black 7 iron out and just hold it and caress it...it's so sexy and sleek and smooth! Okay, that does it...I am playing 9 holes tomorrow evening before I fly out Saturday morning!

I know that feeling.LMAO

I want to try this one out. It doesn't look like a Razr X line, but still!

551152_10152021686500640_1730670216_n.jpg

Hi Chad!

Hi Chad!

Now that's a shovel!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Hi Chad!

Hey it's Chad!!

LOL...at my home course they have a Great Big Bertha Driver that looks like it's a match to that iron....I need to get a pic of it!

Tonight was my first lesson since getting the XFs. Coach always likes to hit my i20's so he ran to my bag and was like wtf are the i20's? I told him these were my MC irons

Well we worked on somethings with my swing. He watched me hit balls for about 10 minutes. Afterward we were discussing the i20's. I said I never thought I would even consider selling them but I was now. He said why wouldn't you? I have never seen you hit such solid shots like I saw tonight.

I have to admit that felt pretty good. These irons have given me a level of confidence that I don't think I have ever had. I have zero negative thoughts. In fact my last round I don't think I mishit a single iron shot.

Tonight was my first lesson since getting the XFs. Coach always likes to hit my i20's so he ran to my bag and was like wtf are the i20's? I told him these were my MC irons

Well we worked on somethings with my swing. He watched me hit balls for about 10 minutes. Afterward we were discussing the i20's. I said I never thought I would even consider selling them but I was now. He said why wouldn't you? I have never seen you hit such solid shots like I saw tonight.

I have to admit that felt pretty good. These irons have given me a level of confidence that I don't think I have ever had. I have zero negative thoughts. In fact my last round I don't think I mishit a single iron shot.

Thats awesome to hear ******, I know you love those irons and to have a pro back up how good they are for your game is awesome. Looks like he might be a buyer for the i20's too.

Glad to hear this chunky. Sounds like you definitely made the right choice.

Breeze, I don't think I have ever asked you before, but what kind of ball flight do you get out of your KBS Tour S/Razr X Forged combo? Did you hit the Razr X Forged with the PX Flighted? I will be putting my KBS Tour Customs in Stiff into my Razr X Forged this fall, and I was just wondering what you thought. Mine are going in regardless, I was just curious what you saw with that shaft/head pairing.

Breeze, I don't think I have ever asked you before, but what kind of ball flight do you get out of your KBS Tour S/Razr X Forged combo? Did you hit the Razr X Forged with the PX Flighted? I will be putting my KBS Tour Customs in Stiff into my Razr X Forged this fall, and I was just wondering what you thought. Mine are going in regardless, I was just curious what you saw with that shaft/head pairing.
Well, I see a nice high ball flight, not too much higher than what I saw with the PX flighted shafts, but higher, and in a good way. The feel is of course much better as well, and I think I gained a couple of yards of carry. The fact that they were the shafts that were fit for me helps too.

Well, I see a nice high ball flight, not too much higher than what I saw with the PX flighted shafts, but higher, and in a good way. The feel is of course much better as well, and I think I gained a couple of yards of carry. The fact that they were the shafts that were fit for me helps too.

I liked the Tour S+'s I hit in a another line and think I will transition to the Tour S in the Razr X Forged nicely. Conrad told me the Tours would launch lower than the PX Flighted, and every shaft chart I have seen said the same thing. I am actually pretty happy with my ball flight with the PX Flighted/Forged combo, but I was just curious what you were seeing, since I will gaming the same set up here soon.

Chunkylover77: The XFs are definitely some sweet clubs. They seem like Callaway's first ultra premium GI/SGI offering since the old FTs. People loved the FTs, so if these are as good, then they're special.

DavidFrederick: High handicappers would love to hear about the HLs. There's not a lot out there, so keep the reviews coming.

Chunkylover77: The XFs are definitely some sweet clubs. They seem like Callaway's first ultra premium GI/SGI offering since the old FTs. People loved the FTs, so if these are as good, then they're special.

DavidFrederick: High handicappers would love to hear about the HLs. There's not a lot out there, so keep the reviews coming.

That is a very good comparison. I hit the FT's a few times and I would say that they have the same characteristics. I will say that I enjoy the feel of the XF's a little more. Nice comparo though! Plus the hybrids that come with this set are special

That is a very good comparison. I hit the FT's a few times and I would say that they have the same characteristics. I will say that I enjoy the feel of the XF's a little more. Nice comparo though! Plus the hybrids that come with this set are special

The XF's definitely have my eye. They're out of my price range right now, but maybe in the future. They just have the look and technology combination that I find appealing. I'd like to hit them some day.

Your comment about the hybrids make me think back to the ibrids that were in the FTs. Callaway has come a long ways in a short period of time with their hybrids.

I have not commented yet on my round in Florida a couple weeks ago, but after my round yesterday I defintely knew I had to comment on the RAZR X Forged irons again. Most of the year I have played 3-4 rounds per week, but since The Morgan Cup I have not played as much because of moving and being in the post-Morgan Cup depression. Anyhow, I have only played twice in the last month, and both rounds have actually been VERY good thanks to my RAZR X Forged irons. My chipping suffered from taking the time off but that is to be expected. If not for that I could still be shooting some of my best scores ever, but even now I am only a couple strokes off of consistently shooting in the 70s. The nice thing about the RAZR X Forged is that they are so consistent, I know exactly what club I need to pull for every distance and I feel confident in being able to put the ball in the front, back, or middle of the green based on where the pin is located. I feel like I am a good ball striker, but playing one round of golf every 2 weeks means you will have a few mis-hits, and the forgiveness of these irons has still kept me straight and most of the time I still reach the green. I don't lose much distance at all on a little mis-hit.

These irons are the most forgiving players iron I have ever hit. I'm not gonna sit here and say I have hit every cavity back players iron out there, but I have hit A LOT, and I have owned 4 different forged cavity back players irons and none of them have come close to the Callaways in performance. There are a couple other irons that feel a little better to me than these on purely struck shots, but these still feel amazing and I will gladly give up some of that feeling to get such a consistent flight and distance. It sounds like Callaway has some great stuff up their sleeves for next year, and I am excited to see what they have in store for their players irons, because I will be first in line to try them.

Great update IN! These irons impress me more and more and they continue to perform better and better for me as I become more and more comfortable with them.

Great update IN! These irons impress me more and more and they continue to perform better and better for me as I become more and more comfortable with them.

Thanks CB, I know you have been extremely impressed with them as well and have seen some of the same results. I thought (keyword THOUGHT) that my old set was working great for me but these have shown me how much better I can play when I get the right set in my hands.

Thanks CB, I know you have been extremely impressed with them as well and have seen some of the same results. I thought (keyword THOUGHT) that my old set was working great for me but these have shown me how much better I can play when I get the right set in my hands.
You are correct, for me its a combination of these heads paired with the right shaft for my game.

INgolfer, IIRC you were using the Nippon Uniflex at one stage ... why did you change to the PX shafts - better dispersion?

Back