2013 Morgan Cup - Qualifying Criteria

Lots of talk and concern about the post. I know there is a minimum but it's about being an active member not a post counter. Becoming active in the forum and MC thread is so easy to do. I mean you get involved in a conversation and look up and time has just rolled by. It's not a job, at least not for me, but more of a pleasure. The knowledge and wisdom in the forum is huge and even greater in the various MC threads.

I agree Tad. Like I said I thought 200 was low, but I dont really know how many posts I throw up in a month. It could be less than 200... Im not sure about myself! lol

I agree Tad. Like I said I thought 200 was low, but I dont really know how many posts I throw up in a month. It could be less than 200... Im not sure about myself! lol

There is quite a difference between being active and having a lot of posts. Most do not separate the two, but there is a big difference.

Of course they are quite different, but in the majority of cases, they do go hand in hand IMO.
There is quite a difference between being active and having a lot of posts. Most do not separate the two, but there is a big difference.

The changes seem reasonable. Hopefully we'll see lot's of entries for the Morgan Cop 2013 and enthusiastic participation on the forum.

Just as a perspective, when I looked at the July post count leaders a few minutes ago there were only around 70 people who exceeded total 200 posts for the month. If you go up to the 350 number you mentioned yesterday, it was like 40-45. Obviously everyone controls their own posting habits, but thought the number of users might be interesting for perspective of how many folks hit those numbers looking backward.

Obviously, that doesn't even take into account the qualification comment about post quality.

Though requirements for someone after being chosen to represent THP and one of these companies, receiving all of this equipment, getting to compete against a bunch of guys at an exclusive course and live the life of a touring pro for 8 months? Some how I'm not buying this. I think they will have plenty to talk about on this site along with Twitter and Facebook.

I'm not sure I've ever had less than 200 posts in a month and I've never come close to going, lol.

Just as a perspective, when I looked at the July post count leaders a few minutes ago there were only around 70 people who exceeded total 200 posts for the month. If you go up to the 350 number you mentioned yesterday, it was like 40-45. Obviously everyone controls their own posting habits, but thought the number of users might be interesting for perspective of how many folks hit those numbers looking backward.

Obviously, that doesn't even take into account the qualification comment about post quality.

Interesting stuff. I think post quality is most important though.

One thing people are forgetting though, is that when you are in the Morgan Cup, you have something to post about. Im pretty outspoken here, but there are definitely some threads that I go into and read, but dont post in because I feel I wouldnt have anything good to say in that thread(not my ex-norm, but the new forum member thainer21). But as all-encompassing as the MC threads are, Im sure you will see numbers of 300+ and probably 400+ out of the MCers. The MC is that good. Its that exciting.

The changes are awesome...200 posts/mo is a solid change and as others mentioned easily doable...MC 3.0 should be frickin awesome. here's to hopin and playin my arse off till then!!!!

I don't know if I can do 200 posts. I would love to be apart of the MC and I love being an active member. But 200 posts a month means you have to make at minimum 7 posts a day. Now, I'm in college. There are some days where I'll be so busy that I won't even be able to get on THP that entire day. School comes first, then College Golf comes second and 200 posts/month, It's just unrealistic for me at least, for others, it's doable for sure.

I don't know if I can do 200 posts. I would love to be apart of the MC and I love being an active member. But 200 posts a month means you have to make at minimum 7 posts a day. Now, I'm in college. There are some days where I'll be so busy that I won't even be able to get on THP that entire day. School comes first, then College Golf comes second and 200 posts/month, It's just unrealistic for me at least, for others, it's doable for sure.

And that is the perfect example of why we have multiple events and offer the THP Ultimate Weekend of Golf.

And that is the perfect example of why we have multiple events and offer the THP Ultimate Weekend of Golf.

Exactly. I'm going to the THP Tour Van Event in Georgia. I could possibly be going to the Ultimate Weekend of Golf. There are other ways to be apart of THP.

2. No more unboxing videos. No offense guys, but 6 minutes of people cutting open a box is about as interesting as watching paint dry. Take good pictures and add a writeup of initial thoughts in its place.

A couple of other things that we wanted to point out. Cell phone pictures. Obviously we are not going to force people to get cameras, but do everybody a favor and add some light and make sure your pictures are presentable before you upload them. Bad pictures do nothing except say "I have to do this as an obligation, so here ya go".

This is the best part of the post for us observers!

I am a little shocked that post count minimum is an issue with some. From my point of view one of the many things that make the Morgan Cup so special is that becuase of the time spent on the forum you arrive have 23 best friends. If not for the time spent on the forum the weekend would not be the same.

I think a 200 post a month minimum would be no problem for most since there will be so much to discuss and share with everyone once selected.

I think a 200 post a month minimum would be no problem for most since there will be so much to discuss and share with everyone once selected.

Agree completely, once you start to learn of the venue/OEM's, etc it becomes a challenge to keep up, much less finding something to post about.

I think we have an opportunity to take time/energy that was placed into something like the Trash Talk thread and redirect those efforts in support of the OEM's. Seems like a no brainer to me.

not only that but, i'm sure lengthy discussions will be had on preferences on equipment, talk of the venue, i'm sure there will be something thrown in that talks about team strategy or somethin like that?

Ok guys, I will add something. I received no less than 10 pm's asking how the Albatross Club will be involved. We do not have an answer for you as of yet (or one we are willing to discuss), but I can safely say that THP believes in supporting those that support us for the work that goes into events like this.

While THP as a golf media site will always be completely free of charge, obviously when it comes to special events, that is not the same. I think what we have come up with is fair and does not eliminate non-Albatross Club Members from throwing their hat in the ring necessarily, but will be open to Albatross Club Members first, as all of our signups are.

Again, more details coming up on this as we feel its necessary.

Agree completely, once you start to learn of the venue/OEM's, etc it becomes a challenge to keep up, much less finding something to post about.

I think we have an opportunity to take time/energy that was placed into something like the Trash Talk thread and redirect those efforts in support of the OEM's. Seems like a no brainer to me.

This is my thinking. The focus will move much more to the OEMs and that is a great thing. These companies provide such an awesome opportunity that discussing them at length seems like the best way to honor that deal, along with repping them as Cookie did/does so well

I am a little shocked that post count minimum is an issue with some. From my point of view one of the many things that make the Morgan Cup so special is that becuase of the time spent on the forum you arrive have 23 best friends. If not for the time spent on the forum the weekend would not be the same.

Some people are going to complain about anything that requires effort even if the return is so large (mentally as well as physical).

For others, I don't think there is any problem with people reading this and saying that the committment isn't something that they feel comfortable fulfilling, nor is there a problem in my mind with JB's oft-said response that this may not be the event for them if that is the case. I think the qualification criteria are good ones, and I would much rather people be honest with themselves up front, then to get blinded by the rewards now, get selected, and not be able to fulfill the committment then. The event deserves people who will see it through, and for that reason amongst others, I applaud the fact that the criteria are defined so well in advance of even the sign-up process announcements.

I am not sure why people are upset over the post count minimum. You realize how much effort it is going to take to be part of the MC right? If not being able to post in Golf related sections is going to be a problem, then this probably isnt for you in the first place. I havent taken part in these but I read alot of what these guys have gone through and how hard everyone worked. It's not something to be taken lightly and THP has to make sure that the people selected respect that fact. I think its a great idea.

Why do people send so many pm's? Why not just ask or read the forum? Most of that stuff is covered. Sheesh, I'm ready for the next progression.

Some people are going to complain about anything that requires effort even if the return is so large (mentally as well as physical).

For others, I don't think there is any problem with people reading this and saying that the committment isn't something that they feel comfortable fulfilling, nor is there a problem in my mind with JB's oft-said response that this may not be the event for them if that is the case. I think the qualification criteria are good ones, and I would much rather people be honest with themselves up front, then to get blinded by the rewards now, get selected, and not be able to fulfill the committment then. The event deserves people who will see it through, and for that reason amongst others, I applaud the fact that the criteria are defined so well in advance of even the sign-up process announcements.

I think this is a great post from someone who has seen it from both sides of the event.

Why do people send so many pm's? Why not just ask or read the forum? Most of that stuff is covered. Sheesh, I'm ready for the next progression.

I try to text chunky but he doesn't respond. I figure PM is the only way to get his attention. He always responds within 3 days

Back