Lance Armstrong Charged

This makes it for me, from CNN. I like Lance and think the USADA can blow chunks.

Armstrong has said in court documents that he has never had "a single positive test" in the 500 to 600 drug tests he's taken in his more than two decades in cycling.

"From the beginning, however, this investigation has not been about learning the truth or cleaning up cycling, but about punishing me at all costs. I am a retired cyclist, yet USADA has lodged charges over 17 years old despite its own 8-year limitation," Armstrong said in Thursday's statement.

"The only physical evidence here is the hundreds of controls I have passed with flying colors. I made myself available around the clock and around the world. In-competition. Out of competition. Blood. Urine. Whatever they asked for I provided. What is the point of all this testing if, in the end, USADA will not stand by it?"

What has always struck as funny about this is that the USADA isn't even the governing body of the Tour de France... so why do they care?

On other thing, I don't own a yellow LiveStrong band. But, I will be buying one today.

I don't even know who to believe in this entire situation. On one hand you have the testimony from Floyd Landis that said he and Lance doped together. But then why did he get a positive test and Lance didn't? It's just one big mess of a situation and to be honest, since Lance didn't test positive ever, I'm gonna say he's innocent, regardless what the ICO does with his Tour de France's.

Lance didn't test positive because Lance is a better smarter doper.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

Lance: Im so smart and physically elite that only the stupid non doped blood cells get sucked up the needle. Im so smart and so physically elite that when I pee I only pee the clean pee into the cup.

Maybe Im just uneducated in this matter.

Go apply for the USADA, you have the exact same mentality as the entirety of those sheep.

Go apply for the USADA, you have the exact same mentality as the entirety of those sheep.

Are you ruling out the possibility that Lance was on something that has no test yet? That maybe he was on a drug that has yet to be detectable? It isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Granted, I don't think that he did. To have a PED be undectable for 10+ years is very hard to believe.

Sounds like there are some cycling fans that get a little butt-hurt when you make a little fun of their sport.

Good thing soccer fans have a sense of humor.

Lance Armstrong needs to take some advice from Lance Armstrong.

Are you ruling out the possibility that Lance was on something that has no test yet? That maybe he was on a drug that has yet to be detectable? It isn't outside the realm of possibility.

Granted, I don't think that he did. To have a PED be undectable for 10+ years is very hard to believe.

If he was on something 13 years ago that still doesn't have a test yet, then it wasn't illegal 13 years ago.

It is ridiculous! I don't fault Armstrong, heck I would be tired of fighting these guys too. They have shown that they are determined to get him, no matter what. This goes all the way back to the lab that was providing false positive tests. If it isn't this most recent group of allegations, next year there will be more. This is just a ridiculous shame and it has done nothing but discredit the sport of Cycling and the agencies involved in the sport.

The real question is.... does Lance weigh more than a duck.

[video=youtube;zrzMhU_4m-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrzMhU_4m-g[/video]

If he was on something 13 years ago that still doesn't have a test yet, then it wasn't illegal 13 years ago.

That's good reasoning...........

I believe that the WADA actually does hold onto samples so that as future tests can detect designer steroids.

It is ridiculous! I don't fault Armstrong, heck I would be tired of fighting these guys too. They have shown that they are determined to get him, no matter what. This goes all the way back to the lab that was providing false positive tests. If it isn't this most recent group of allegations, next year there will be more. This is just a ridiculous shame and it has done nothing but discredit the sport of Cycling and the agencies involved in the sport.

I'm pretty sure that professional cyclists have discredited the sport of cycling pretty well. It is by far the dirtiest sport in the world.

All of these professional cyclists are doping, etc. Trust me. A good friend of mine used to train with some of them and knows first hand. You have to do it if you want to remain competitive. There's no way I'd believe that any of the top riders are 100% clean.

That's good reasoning...........

I believe that the WADA actually does hold onto samples so that as future tests can detect designer steroids.

Not sure if that's sarcasm or not. Could you confirm one way or the other?

I support them holding samples for future testing. However, they should probably wait for a positive result before starting the witch hunt.

If that were the case then how did the two people who "Did it with him" get caught an he didn't?

I support them holding samples for future testing. However, they should probably wait for a positive result before starting the witch hunt.

I agree about the witch hunt part.

I'm sorry, it's the IOC that holds onto samples for 8 years. http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=5603914. That is just the article that I found that mentioned the practice. At this point, the USADA does sound childish.

I'm pretty sure that professional cyclists have discredited the sport of cycling pretty well. It is by far the dirtiest sport in the world.

This is total BS! Dirtier than baseball? I don't think so! They just do more testing than the other sports.

I don't know. I was just putting forth the idea.

As a Packer fan, I understand what it means to be blinded tinted glasses. I think to not at least acknowledge that there is a small chance that Lance did take some sort of PED. If he didn't, then he was the best athlete in the dirtiest sport in the world, while clean.

This is total BS! Dirtier than baseball? I don't think so! They just do more testing than the other sports.

Ok, hows this then, cyclists get caught more than any other sport.

Jeez. Cycling fans are sensitive.

I'm not saying Lance didn't dope. I'm not saying he did. I'm saying I don't know, and that there appears to be no conclusive evidence one way or the other so the USADA should leave him alone.

How can you even equate that? Baseball runs almost 2000 tests throughout a season (minimum of 600 three times per year, plus 30 in the offseason)

Baseball is not near as dirty as cycling has been if you take it as a percentage, there are way more professional baseball players than cyclists.

ROFL.....

baseball players use steroids. Cyclists use epo, blood transfusion, steroids etc. Cycling is 100x worse than baseball.

If that were the case then how did the two people who "Did it with him" get caught an he didn't?

Doping and testing to get caught / not caught is not an exact science. Every body is different in how it processes the different drugs. You can I could take something at the same time and in one week there's no trace of it in you but I'd test positive.

Back