What's your shortest Par 4?

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
The shortest Par 4 I ever played was a 230 yarder. In fact, I thought it was a Par 3, and when I birdied it, I didn't even know it! It's across a wide valley with a big tree overhanging the fairway about 20 or 30 yards short of the green. I hit it up left of that tree and chipped to about 4 feet and made the putt. Hitting the green would be very tough unless you run it up under the branches (the tree is on a steep downhill from the green). This hole was on a very short course (not a lot over 5,00 yards) and I ended up with a 97 on the sucker! Most of the holes, you either hit the narrow fairway or you were way down a hill, left or right.

The course I usually play on has a par 4 that is 430 yard and its a dogleg leftt, so its really more like a 350 yard hole because there arent any trees preventing you from shortcutting the hole.
I normally hit driver off the tee and then hit my hybrid and 2-putt for par.

Our shortest is about 260, straight Par 4. It's over some weeds and stuff in the middle of the fairway, so you have to carry it about 230 or you're toast.

I usually procede to swing out of my shoes, hitting about the distance of the pin, but in the thick rough, bunker, or just short on the fairway.

I believe it's a 245 yarder.

First hole.
265 from the whites.
275 from the blues.
I've driven it on the green before but never made the eagle.
It is well protected by bunkers so I'm usually in one of them.

14 on the back 9 of my course. 298 from white and 327 from the blues. There is a strategically placed fairway bunker that comes into play a lot. Plus water down the left side and again in front of the green.

299 from the back tees (Tenison Glen, #8) It doglegs left, across a big creek.

I hit my 21° hybrid off the tee, and it leaves me with a wedge in to an elevated green

There's two on my old course that are drivable for me; easily drivable for better players.
# 2 is 258 from the greens and 302 from the whites.
# 14 is 250 from trhe greens and 256 from the whites. But it plays over a hollow, so it's really a bit less than that.
Both are protected by front bunkering and wicked, and I do mean wicked, slopes.

The shortest at the course I play now is 327.

The one I have played most is 274/295/316, depending on the tees. It is heavily guarded by bunkers around the green and it has a slight dogleg at the end. So if you go for the green you have to carry it all the way there. It would almost be impossible for a ball to hit short and roll since it would have to bounce and roll sharply to the right. I have never been on the green, but I have been just off the back and to the right once (which is a horrible spot to be at on the hole) and I was about 5 yards off the front edge once. I need to quit 'going for it' but it is just too tempting. The prevailing winds are such that it usually plays downwind or helping from the left, so that makes it even more tempting. Smart play is a 4,5, or 6 iron to the good part of the fariway to leave some sort of wedge to the green

A course I rarely play has one that is 265 from the white tees, it is straight away with only a bunker on the left side of the green. I have reached it with a 4 wood many times but I have never made eagle there.

We have 2 that are about 330 from the blues but are 360ish from the black. One is just a straight fairway but always seems to play into the wind. The other is froma raised tee box and is downhill for most of the fairway and then to a slightly elevated green. It would be reachable excpet for the water that runns in front of the green and the two large bunkers to each side of the green.

Probably around 275. Shortest on my home course right now is only around 340.

The shortest par 4 I play is 315. It's the first hole at Blacklick. It plays pretty straight. Trees seperating holes 1 & 2 on the right and to the left is hole #1 of the "Gold Course".

I have 3 par 4s on my home course, the rest are par 3s. They are 320, 300, and 275 each. I can drive them all. Its cool that they are that short because in scrambles and shambles a ball on the green for any of them gives the team and auto-matic birdie.

I try to avoid courses that have par 4's.Too much of a strech for my game.I like the feeling I get when I play the executive courses.Makes me feel like a bigshot.
j.k.

14 on the back 9 of my course. 298 from white and 327 from the blues. There is a strategically placed fairway bunker that comes into play a lot. Plus water down the left side and again in front of the green.

and i put my ball in that water about half of the time too, lol

My league starts Tuesday, and I can't find yardages online. I'll let you know.

198 par 4 @ Pine Shadows Golf Course in Clarkedale AZ
Im not joking

268 but the Green is at least 30 feet above your head from the tee.

Whats the catch?

Ha there is none.
Ive played there a few times now and the green is set up in such a way to benefit a slice...the green is elevated a bit but by no means should it command a 4.
Ive 'eagled' it once but i consider it more along the lines of a birdie.

well, i dont have a home course anymore (it used to be Heritage Harbor), but their shortest par 4 was 287 yards (300 from the Golds). the kid i played with yesterday hit it pin high but not on the green

Shortest par 4 I have played is about 300 yards even.

On the course my league plays, the shortest par 4 is 286 yards from the red tees. There's a fairly wide creed cutting across the green at an awkward place--unless you nail your drive (in girl terms), you almost have to lay up for the second shot.

At the course I play on for the league the shortest is listed at 334, it's a huge dogleg left so if you can cut the corner it leaves you a nice little wedge into the green.(I can't seem to cut the corner though.)

At my home course it is 368 although there is a hole on the back nine listed at 379 that plays considerably more difficult due to a blind tee shot with a pond that you need to carry around 300 yards to clear. There is nothing like watching somebody stripe a drive only to top the hill and see that pond sitting down there.lol

Back