Gummi Bear

Sporadic Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Bean Dip
Give $57 for a See More FGP in this condition?

If so, what kind of paint would I use to restore it with?

!BRTn6H!!mk~$(KGrHgoOKiUEjlLmWrB3BJ9UcC79e!~~_1.JPG

!BRTn6gQ!Wk~$(KGrHgoOKkUEjlLmTeZqBJ9UcIt(wQ~~_1.JPG

!BRTn5h!CGk~$(KGrHgoOKiUEjlLmWrB3BJ9Ub7nPW!~~_1.JPG

No, I hadn't. But by the time I had that one refinished professionally, I could have bought one new. I'm looking to do this on the cheap (relatively speaking)

GB I do not think I would. You can get a new one of that model for less than $100 and I much prefer the new FGP rather than this one.

GB I do not think I would. You can get a new one of that model for less than $100 and I much prefer the new FGP rather than this one.

Agree. Unless that putter will have some sort of sentimental or historical value it is probably not worth the money. If you really like it and just want to keep it for show then go ahead. If it is something you want to game, I would bet you could find something real similar from SeeMore for about the same cost of $57 plus refinishing.

To the original question...I wouldn't pay $57 for that putter in that condition.

Why refinish and spend more money.Throw it in the bag and use it the topline looks good and that's what counts at address.Then you also don't have to worry about what will bust it's cherry if it's virgin pristine finish.

Still, seems pricey to me for that condition and an older model.

have to agree...that doesnt look like a good deal.

Thanks guys, I'll go ahead and pass on that one.

I got inspired since my Dad got a Odyssey XG #5CS, and that thing's so easy to putt with, it's almost like cheating.

I fooled around with a SB-1 in the store, and aside from the goofy shape of it, I managed to keep it in a good path, and get it in, or very near the hole, so now I'm intrigued.

Aside from Ebay, where else can I find a gently used FGP for a reasonable price?

That I do not know. You can try Craigslist or a few other golf sites. Brand new they are right around $100 I believe. There are a few types of the FGP. There are the ones we reviewed and then there are the black and the bronze.

GB,
Make sure you try that one out as well as the Stainless one that we reviewed. I have tried both and they are VERY different. The SB1 rolls more like the stainless version.

i agree 100%. ive owned this model and the newer version. the newer version has a MUCH softer feel to it. i had no distance control with the older version. also, i bought one just like that but in MUCH better condition for $60 on ebay

You know, a thread like this could be a useful addition to the site: similar to the deal or no deal thread on wrx, but (hopefully) without the attitude.

Back