Upgrading from 2002 Big Bertha Irons?

Saul_B

Reaction score
Handicap
I love my Callaway irons, but I know golf equipment has changed a lot since 2002. Should I invest in a new set or keep what i have. I play about 90+ rounds a year.

next time you play take a new demo set out and see how you like them.

All callaway irons are solid. I think the Callaway irons from 2002 are more forgiving then the irons from 2009. But that is my opinion. :bulgy-eyes:

I've heard the same. I would hate to spend $700+ and not see any improvement.

there are tons of websites out there for you to pull the trigger on a used set/left over set, etc. maybe try that route if the buyer remorse thing is going to be something for you to worry about

Older Callaway irons seem to be a bit before their time...X18's for example. They are still extremely good irons, and they are a few years old. Even the X16's are still some nice irons.

I'd demo some. If you like them and have the $$, go for it. If not, keep em.

All callaway irons are solid. I think the Callaway irons from 2002 are more forgiving then the irons from 2009. But that is my opinion. :bulgy-eyes:

I think the exact opposite BY FAR.

The older Callaway irons seem to hold there value pretty well also. My irons are the regular BB's with regular graphite shafts. Thanks for the replies.

Never mind Josh. I just figured out who you were.

No problem. If you are looking for forgiving, there are lots out there. I would find a set that you like the look of. Get them fitted for you and you will be extremely happy.

Welcome to THP Saul_B. You'll get lots of good advice here.

I love my Callaway irons, but I know golf equipment has changed a lot since 2002. Should I invest in a new set or keep what i have. I play about 90+ rounds a year.

Depends on whether or not you like your current set & they work with your swing.

Back