what part of your game are you working on?

I was very fortunate today to have one of the better players in middle Georgia, play with myself and two other guys today. Al Jernigan who won the national left handed championship and a former mini tour player. Al rode with me and did not say anything for a few holes. He later said do you want me to help you with some consistency? I said why hell yea! He said that I need to keep the club head going back the same as my spine angle. It took me a while to figure out what he was saying. I'm not the brightest light bulb in the chandelier and it took him a couple of holes, to get me to see what he was trying to get across. I have a bad habit of having my club face too open at the top and when I do this it takes perfect timing to square it up at the bottom. Once I got the club face in tune with my spine angle on the back swing and then back through the ball, boom baby, beautiful golf shots. A great day on the golf course with a free playing lesson from an awesome player was too cool.

I was very fortunate today to have one of the better players in middle Georgia, play with myself and two other guys today. Al Jernigan who won the national left handed championship and a former mini tour player. Al rode with me and did not say anything for a few holes. He later said do you want me to help you with some consistency? I said why hell yea! He said that I need to keep the club head going back the same as my spine angle. It took me a while to figure out what he was saying. I'm not the brightest light bulb in the chandelier and it took him a couple of holes, to get me to see what he was trying to get across. I have a bad habit of having my club face too open at the top and when I do this it takes perfect timing to square it up at the bottom. Once I got the club face in tune with my spine angle on the back swing and then back through the ball, boom baby, beautiful golf shots. A great day on the golf course with a free playing lesson from an awesome player was too cool.

That is awesome gray, congrats!!! I love the way you told the story too, what a riot... "WHY HECK YEA!"

Now that my boy loves the driving range I get to go more often. Win/win. Father/Son time and I'm getting more practice. More step drills tonight and also a focus on letting my arms swing free. Hit the ball pretty good again, which is a few times in a row now.

Looking at offseason lessons for full swing driver and 8i+. Inconsistent to simply awful play from the tee and 120-170 yards is killing me. Last 3 rounds of 24, 28 and 25 putts and my lowest round was an 85. I actually had a round with 0 fairways and 1GIR! I putt as well as the low single hcps that I play with and am competitive inside 50 yards so give me 50% greens and fairways and I could see some pretty low scores.

I don't even have consistent misses. I had both a pull hook OB and push slice OB in the same round. It's back to basics with some pro-aided training before the 2013 kickoff.

Had the worst night of ball striking I think I have had in years. Just could not hit the ball at all. I did start with some short game work though and that went well

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I've got a long practice session coming up this afternoon. I am going to focus on my wedge shots inside 75 yards, my long irons, and my driver to start.

Then, I'm going to focus on my deep rough around the green chips, and finally my 5-10 footers on the green.

I can't wait. Practicing makes this game SO much easier.

That sounds fun, Dan. I've been practicing quite a bit recently and have enjoyed it. Maybe it's the lack of pressure since the MC is over or something else, but I've felt more productive and a little more positive about it.

Hitting it higher. Made a bit of a breakthrough today with my coach. Now just to get used to it. Created a nice drill to stay more centered and not be so aggressive in the downswing. Making sure the left leg doesn't touch or move the stick in the ground.

IMAG0074-383x680.jpg

I just got back from a practice session and... it clicked! My last few lessons have been focused on getting me to turn all the way through the swing. I finally just worked on keeping my left bicep and let pectoral connected through the downswing and it was amazing. I am more accurate than ever, hitting it longer than ever, higher than ever, and finally compressing the ball well. I am so stoked. I know that there are good days and bad days but the way I feel right now I will be surprised if my handicap doesn't drop 5 strokes in the next month.
:banana:

Nice job, OG. I hope you continue to see some success with that. You have to love those 'aha' moments.

I am working on my putts from 8-18 feet. Not just to make the putt but to get a correct distance that if I miss it I am left with a very makeable second putt.

Getting a nice gravity-based swing, allowing me to snap my wrists. I recently came to the realization that in 35 years of playing golf, I've been short-arming the followthrough all along and swinging the club, rather than letting the club swing. I've added a good 20 yards of distance and now understand why my buddies who were no better than me and certainly no stronger, have always been longer than me. Not that I care that much about distance, but a flushed shot with proper wrist snap has to be more consistent than a short-armed swing where I'm trying to muscle the ball out there.

I just got back from a practice session and... it clicked! My last few lessons have been focused on getting me to turn all the way through the swing. I finally just worked on keeping my left bicep and let pectoral connected through the downswing and it was amazing. I am more accurate than ever, hitting it longer than ever, higher than ever, and finally compressing the ball well. I am so stoked. I know that there are good days and bad days but the way I feel right now I will be surprised if my handicap doesn't drop 5 strokes in the next month.
:banana:

(im a lefty and a guy who could never really rid myself of the dreaded scoop) now setting up more properly with a straight right arm, bicep to pectoral...same as you, it is EXACTLY what i have been working on and it is insane how much of a difference it is making! Helps with lagging the club, impact, and has finally got me to stop hitting behind the ball or having to pull up (stand straighter) just before impact, caused because my setup used to have a slightly bent lead arm!

Cant wait to play this weekend with my new and improved fundamentals!

Practicing on my tee shots. I know they say drive for show and putt for dough but I have found that if I don't get off the tee near the fairway I suffer.
So for now my driver is out and I am teeing off with either a 5w or a 2H.

I need to work on everything that isn't putting, I think the anser testing will force me to the range more often

Putting, putting....... oh, and putting. Today was not my day on the greens. It hasn't been in the past year. I have got to change something ASAP.

Putting, putting....... oh, and putting. Today was not my day on the greens. It hasn't been in the past year. I have got to change something ASAP.

I hear ya. Today I rushed myself on the greens and had a horrible day putting, mostly due to putting my first putt 5-6' past the hole. Unacceptable. Speed is more important than line on longer putts.

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

Right now, I am really focusing on course management. It is starting to really have a positive effect on my game.

I'm going out tomorrow and work on my chutting skills :act-up:

Greenside bunkers.

I can't hit my driver straight for the life of me. I will be working on that a good deal

I have a habit on hitting 300 yard drives, than having 30-90 yards in to the par fours and just not being able to get in anywhere near 10-15'. so I've really been working on that the last few weeks.
I have a vokey 54*, a cleveland 60* and cleveland 64*..

hit the 54* about 120 yards, the 60* 100 and the 64* about 65-75 yards.

Hitting the ball.

Back