thoughts on Nickent 3dx RC Irons

thebread

professional lurker
Reaction score
Handicap
FIR
Hopefully there are a few folks around that have shot the 3dx RC irons.
Ive always played steel shafted irons. Ive been hitting a few different brands of graphite shafted irons out at the range and it got me thinking about picking up a set of the 3dx RC Irons as a set can be had for a song right now. I figure for the price if they arent to my liking a can easily pass them along to a pal or relative to use. I currently play with the 4dx and am happy with them but just wondering if someone can shed some light on the difference between the 3dx and 4dx.

I've had my set for a while now and like them a lot. The actual irons are more of a hybrid iron than a traditional cavity back design. It's entirely filled with a carbon fiber type insert. Basically, very similar to the 4DX Hybrid iron set or the older 3DX Hybrid irons. Pretty forgiving, and I hit them fairly well and have no complaints on the club performance (other than the 5 iron).

That being said, I think I would be happier if I'd held out for a set of 4DX CB or 4DX/3DX Pro irons, as I prefer the look of a cavity back. That, and I can't hit the 5 iron consistently to save my life, but the 6-PW work great.

GG plays the ladies version of these and I actually really like hitting them.

Thanks for the responses gents.

Osahar- I play the 4dx cbs. I bought the straight iron set sans the hybrids 3-pw (however I did end up picking up a 23* that matches the iron set and its my go to club in my bag). I wish there was somewhere close to hit the 3dxrcs and after your description of the 3dx im curious if the 3s have the ridiculus soles on the shorter irons (yeah im one of those guys...lol).
thanks

The NC rep from Nickent sent me the RC irons over a year ago with a stiff-graphite shaft on mistake, no extra charge. I decided to give them a try and shot my 2 lowest rounds of my life within the next month. They really did the job in the game improvement category, but the offset just drove me a little nuts so I picked up a a cheap set of 4dx cb irons online and have been liking them a lot recently.

i really like the 4DX Pro's. I wouldnt mind playing those at all.

Back