What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I put up my worst score since I have been tracking scores over two years ago and probably second worst in my life! I have never have a round where the wheels fell off completely in all aspects of the round. After the miserable from 9 ( worst 9 holes ever) I did a bit better on the back 9 but it was not a pretty day at all!

You better get that corrected if you want post against Team Texas in 2 weeks!!!!

What a freaking weird day. We weren't going to play. Then we decided to play 9 which turned in to 18. The front 9 was just awful. Lost 2 balls and just was putting myself in bad spots, putting was dreadful too. Ended up with a 45 on the front for a plus 9. Told Nerfny we were going to play the back and I was going to shoot even par on the back. Started off good with 3 straight pars. On 13 my drive was in a bad spot so I had to pitch out, which wasn't executed all that well. Next shot in a deep bunker in front of the green that I almost holes out from, led to bogey. Had a real good look at birdie on 14 and 16 both inside 10 feet and both missed. Stepped on the 18th(reachable par 5 with 2 good shots) and hit my best drive of the day. Then hit a 4 wood from 215 to give me a 25 footer for eagle and my goal of E on the back. Well the putt came up just short but secured the birdie for a 37 on the back. 82 overall, wish the front wasn't so miserable but happy I was able to hold it together for the back 9.

You better get that corrected if you want post against Team Texas in 2 weeks!!!!

My only "match" against Team Texas in a couple of weeks is on Sunday with TBT and it has already been determined to be one of friendship, not competitive.

48/44 for a 92. Yet again, got a case of the snap hooks off the tee on the front 9 and that destroyed my score. Got quite a bit better on the back 9, but my putting struggled (ended with 37 putts...EEK!). But I finally sorted out my driver on the last few holes and the irons were on again today (that's been my trend lately), so hopefully I can get out tomorrow and continue my last few holes from today...

My only "match" against Team Texas in a couple of weeks is on Sunday with TBT and it has already been determined to be one of friendship, not competitive.

Good thing because he's gonna kick your arse

Great job to battle back on the back 9 Dean. That eagle falling would have been sweet!

Great job to battle back on the back 9 Dean. That eagle falling would have been sweet!

I would have been pumped! Man the front 9 was just a test of patience. I need to learn to putt again.

Shot 78 yesterday (38/40). Ended birdie birdie for the first time ever, which was nice. Left an eagle putt 3" short on 17. Overall, happy with the round.

That's the way to close a round partner!

What a freaking weird day. We weren't going to play. Then we decided to play 9 which turned in to 18. The front 9 was just awful. Lost 2 balls and just was putting myself in bad spots, putting was dreadful too. Ended up with a 45 on the front for a plus 9. Told Nerfny we were going to play the back and I was going to shoot even par on the back. Started off good with 3 straight pars. On 13 my drive was in a bad spot so I had to pitch out, which wasn't executed all that well. Next shot in a deep bunker in front of the green that I almost holes out from, led to bogey. Had a real good look at birdie on 14 and 16 both inside 10 feet and both missed. Stepped on the 18th(reachable par 5 with 2 good shots) and hit my best drive of the day. Then hit a 4 wood from 215 to give me a 25 footer for eagle and my goal of E on the back. Well the putt came up just short but secured the birdie for a 37 on the back. 82 overall, wish the front wasn't so miserable but happy I was able to hold it together for the back 9.

Dean coming back strong on the back nine too :thumb: Good job Dean :clapp:

Nice back 9 Dean0, what do you think it was on the Front 9? Was Nerfny just nagging a little bit too much and you got distracted?

Nice back 9 Dean0, what do you think it was on the Front 9? Was Nerfny just nagging a little bit too much and you got distracted?

I blame her haha

I shot an 84. Played pretty darn well at a course I have never played before. I hit the fairway with every F3 shot which was awesome and putted pretty well with the Seemore for my first time I have an early tee time tomorrow and am planning on making a HOTD and maybe some in round coverage if I go out as a single.

9-2.png
[/IMG]

Hey, leave OG alone. LOL
Last weekend I had a 94 and 98 and this weekend, so far, an 80 and 84.

And on that note....
Today was pretty nice.
Only 5 pars, but had 1 birdie and one slam dunk eagle (57yds) and only 27 putts (6 one-putts, two zeros) for that 84.
Most of the one-putts were because I missed a GIR by a couple yards and chipped close. But, I also had the eagle and another chip-in from about 5yd off the green.
So, I only hit 2 FIR and 4 GIR and still pulled off an 84. I'll take it.
This is Awesome Toad, Keep it up !

I shot a 42/42 84 today on a pretty tough course rating 73.8 and a slope of 132. I hit 6 fairways and 6 greens. The importance of hitting fairways really shined since I only missed one green when I hit the fairway, and didn't hit any greens when I missed the fairway. I only hit 1 of the 4 par 3's (yuck) but they were some tough par 3's in general, all playing 176 or longer.

I shot an 82 at Clear Lake Golf Course. Could have been much better but putting was not good. 14/18 GIR.

I shot an 84. Played pretty darn well at a course I have never played before. I hit the fairway with every F3 shot which was awesome and putted pretty well with the Seemore for my first time I have an early tee time tomorrow and am planning on making a HOTD and maybe some in round coverage if I go out as a single.

9-2.png
[/IMG]

That's a solid round man, esp with the putt total!

94 and in reversal of my typical rounds played better on the front 43/51. New course today and two guys I hadn't golfed with in awhile, it might be awhile before I play with them again after they went 124-128 on the day.

73, +1 and then I withdrew due to my back. Was in third place and only two behind but back wouldn't keep up.

Shot 89 (44/45) at a hilly Corballis Links GC in Dublin Ireland finished both the front and back 9 with 6,6 on 8 and 9 then again on 17 and 18 :-( left 5/6 putts within inches but the greens were so fast so I was happy to be getting close, only had a single 3 putt all day although I did lose 2 balls!!!

yesterday in the crazy humidity
+12/+3 87
front was not good lol

Three days of golf and a bit better each day :D... Friday I shot 52 + 40 = 92, Saturday 39 + 42 = 81, & today 37 + 40 = 77

Way to go, you got er going in the right direction for sure.

Hey, leave OG alone. LOL
Last weekend I had a 94 and 98 and this weekend, so far, an 80 and 84.

And on that note....
Today was pretty nice.
Only 5 pars, but had 1 birdie and one slam dunk eagle (57yds) and only 27 putts (6 one-putts, two zeros) for that 84.
Most of the one-putts were because I missed a GIR by a couple yards and chipped close. But, I also had the eagle and another chip-in from about 5yd off the green.
So, I only hit 2 FIR and 4 GIR and still pulled off an 84. I'll take it.

Good job T0AD, it is a joy seeing the ball fly in like that. Great putting stats too.

Good round on an unfamiliar course. I played that course a 8-10 years ago and really liked it except I hit one shot out of the short grass into the knee deep stuff.

I shot a 42/42 84 today on a pretty tough course rating 73.8 and a slope of 132. I hit 6 fairways and 6 greens. The importance of hitting fairways really shined since I only missed one green when I hit the fairway, and didn't hit any greens when I missed the fairway. I only hit 1 of the 4 par 3's (yuck) but they were some tough par 3's in general, all playing 176 or longer.

You must have some crazy rough. Bermuda grass rough? (I feel your pain)
I shot an 82 at Clear Lake Golf Course. Could have been much better but putting was not good. 14/18 GIR.

Decent score but it usually does come down to the putting huh?

yesterday in the crazy humidity
+12/+3 87
front was not good lol

Good back nine though, that is kind of tough getting it turned around sometimes.

For my round Sunday, it was a little of all the above, Crazy humidity (we walked), crazy rough--I made three double bogies from being in the rough. Add in some poor putting with one four putt because the greens were so slow due to heat/humidity. I didn't do a very good job overcoming all that stuff and should have, I posted a BIG 83 (43, 40) The only bright spot, I was even par on the last seven holes.

After a long weekend I got to go play last night. Just to relax. Had 10 pars, 7 bogeys, and 1 double. For a 42/39 81.

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

Put in what felt like an abismal 81 while on vacation at Indian Bayou in Destin, FL.
Hit a few awful shots but I also hit some bombs and darts.
Courses played shorter but challenging.
We had a lot of fun and snuck in a HOTD for your viewing pleasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back