Whats crazy about Wichita Falls Texas! No Pro Shops!

Hotled

Reaction score
Handicap
old age
My little rant about north Texas mainly Wichita Falls.
We have 5 courses within a 50 mile radius and not 1 fitting or pro shop to be found. Not even at the biggest course that Midwestern State University plays on.
The closest thing to an outlet store is Academy Sports and they don't carry much at all in the line of clubs and don't even have a net to try any out on!
I sure wish a Dick's Sporting Goods would move here they would clean up for sure. The closest one is 104 miles away then there is 4 of them within 40 miles of each other lol!

Same with where I am. Closest decent golf shop is in B-Ham.

That is really surprising to me. I have been down your way quite a few timed and would have thought they would have a dicks for sure

The Falls blowz. I lived there for 3.5 years. Thank goodness I didn't golf then, because that surely would've made it even worse than it was.

Sounds like no fun at all. We don't have that problem in Phoenix, haha.

That is crazy....would not have guessed that.

Yah it does blow. I called Dick's today in Irving to schedule a fitting and hopefully that will help me a bunch.
I took a video of my swing today at home and it was so obvious what I'm doing wrong. It was humbling to watch it.
If ya want a good laugh go watch it in the Ask a Pro section. Don't comment though admins don't like that.

My little rant about north Texas mainly Wichita Falls.
We have 5 courses within a 50 mile radius and not 1 fitting or pro shop to be found. Not even at the biggest course that Midwestern State University plays on.
The closest thing to an outlet store is Academy Sports and they don't carry much at all in the line of clubs and don't even have a net to try any out on!
I sure wish a Dick's Sporting Goods would move here they would clean up for sure. The closest one is 104 miles away then there is 4 of them within 40 miles of each other lol!

keep wishing, it may happen we've never had a Dicks sporting goods- and the grand opening is at the end of this month yeehaw!

There used to be a really nice golf shop at the little range off 287 on the west side of town going towards Iowa Park. I remember they had ton of reasonably priced used equipment. I used to live an hour west of there in Vernon.

A good pro shop here could rake in a ton of cash. I may just find a club pro and see what we can come up with. There are several good empty facilities on the market in prime locations. There are ALLOT of golfers in this town who would take advantage of a decent driving range with a pro shop with a pro there and a TrackMan setup. I bet the college would utilize it.

A good pro shop here could rake in a ton of cash. I may just find a club pro and see what we can come up with. There are several good empty facilities on the market in prime locations. There are ALLOT of golfers in this town who would take advantage of a decent driving range with a pro shop with a pro there and a TrackMan setup. I bet the college would utilize it.

Be careful ...... I thought the same thing and pretty much flushed 25 grand down the tubes. I even had access to all the OEM products through one of the courses/ranges in the area. Just like your area most golfers talk about how they would buy IF there was a shop but the truth is they don't. There are just too many deals on the internet now for local shops to be competitive. I would guess that is why there is no shop in your area.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed every fitting and customer I had. I just got tired of spending hours of my time with a person and them driving 80 miles to Dick's, GS, etc. to save $20. In the end I was getting paid for fittings and folks were buying over the internet. A person can't stay in business that way.

If you do decide to give it a go the Flight Scope X2 is wonderful. An instructor one of my team members goes to has one and it does everything a Trackman does that I can tell.

wow texas sounds awesome......

Back