rvaldron

Reaction score
Handicap
Well after 6 good years my call away x460 broke this morning. It's been sounding kinda funny the last few rounds and I hit 2 shots off the heel/hosel area. Then I hit a full shot and noticed the head was loose and the shaft pulled right out. Anyway, does anyone have an idea what it costs to fix? My local shop can't fix it cause it's a bore through and they can't fix it. I do like the new razr fit but don't really wanna spend $280 this late in the season.

Luckily I've been hitting my 3 wood really well haha

Pictures? That might be able to help us decipher what is wrong

3 steps in the procedjure.. idk if that's spelt correctly, but whatever!
1- post some pictures so we can tell what exactly happened
2- call up callaway and see if they can do anything about it
3- return to the forums and see what the THP'ers have said.

I tried to have a new shaft put in an old Callaway bore-through and it was a big hassle. Basically none of the local shops would touch it, all said it had to be sent to Callaway to have the work done. It might be better to just make a new purchase.

there are always other Callaway Drivers that are about $100 or less new-from previous years-it may be beneficial to go that route

there are always other Callaway Drivers that are about $100 or less new-from previous years-it may be beneficial to go that route
Callawaypreowned!!

I just got a callaway ft iq head for $17 and a Grafalloy ProLaunch Red shaft for $35 and got it put together for a couple of bucks so you can always go that route as well

i would check ebay if its very bad damaged alot of clubs from years ago are new and at a deep cut price heres one i saw right off the bat-http://www.ebay.com/itm/Callaway-X-460-11-Driver-Fujikura-60g-Graphite-Shaft-Regular-Flex-/330787225785?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item4d047480b9

If its something that indeed cant be fixed, theres plenty of good, affordable drivers to be had on Ebay, usually fairly new ones for around $100.

Check out Callaway preowned on their website. Great condition products at great prices. It would probably cost you about the same to get a preowned driver than to send yours in to get fixed

Great deals on last years Razr driver, go check em out.

yeah i originally got this club from callaway preowned so it has certainly served me well. I really liked it though! I hit it better than the razr fit I think. I'm going to go demo a few clubs at my local shop then maybe wait til next year to get one when they go on big discount.

Back