what part of your game are you working on?

i have a lesson tomorrow morning but i talked to my coach this afternoon
im working on my hips being more quiet during my backswing and proper shoulder rotation without over rotating

Swing path! Trying to quit coming over the top. I've been practicing the Hogan power move, starting the downswing with the lower body, the hands along for the ride. Then pulling through as the weight is shifted. I even hit a couple of little draws today. Woohoo!

Chipping from 50 to 60 yards out.

Apparently Ive been stacking and tilting, and that blows. Im going to try and generate a weight shift in my golf swing again. We'll see how this works out.

Working on my focus by practicing with my 3 year old who wears a range basket as a hat and steals all my tees lol. Also, he was reminding the annoying high school team to stay inside the ropes and use their inside voices.

Fun times, but not so productive today. He's got a pretty good looking swing already, but attention span is shorter than my drives.

Chunkyresponse, but this is hilarious.

Driver

Driver

I have a couple of decent Drivers(Big Bertha Diablo draw, and FT9 iMix ) I must have some subconcious swing thing I do when I get a big head driver in my hands. My irons and fairway woods are getting better all the time but my driver is short and every direction. I hit my 3 wood straighter and further than my drivers. My Mom gave me and older TM driver with a smaller more square head shape and I hit that quite well but it's frustrating that I seldom made good square contact with the newer style drvers. David

Sounds like I'm not the only one that can't shift my weight correctly. I was actually thinking about it in bed last night. Seems like such an easy thing.

I went to the club yesterday afternoon and there were too many people there to make a solo round any fun, so I just played a two ball practice round. Ended up leaving after 7 holes because it was hot and I thought I might poop my pants.

Worked on the same old stuff. Had some decent success mixed with the usual poor shots.

Sounds like I'm not the only one that can't shift my weight correctly. I was actually thinking about it in bed last night. Seems like such an easy thing.

I went to the club yesterday afternoon and there were too many people there to make a solo round any fun, so I just played a two ball practice round. Ended up leaving after 7 holes because it was hot and I thought I might poop my pants.

Worked on the same old stuff. Had some decent success mixed with the usual poor shots.

I tried the step drill and think it helped reinforce some stuff. I agree that weight shift seems so easily, but I just can't seem to get it right. I really dont have much right with my irons right now TBH

I tried the step drill and think it helped reinforce some stuff. I agree that weight shift seems so easily, but I just can't seem to get it right. I really dont have much right with my irons right now TBH

I have a host of drills that do help and can get it going pretty well in practice, but it's hard to lose old habits on the course. I hatethat I can literally feel my reverse pivot as it happens and not do a thing about it.

LOL ol turtle head poking out eh?

Finally my game is coming back... major break through on my last lesson and was striping it well and it carried over into my last range session. going back today for another lesson to try and get the woods back on track then maybe i can start to play golf again and enjoy it.

I have a host of drills that do help and can get it going pretty well in practice, but it's hard to lose old habits on the course. I hatethat I can literally feel my reverse pivot as it happens and not do a thing about it.

ever tried the butch drill ?

Butch Harmon, says that to practice a proper weight transfer, hit shots off a slight downhill slope. This will force the weight to transfer and promote the feel of hitting down and through the ball, which will keep you from flipping your hands to compensate for poor weight transfer.

That's actually very interesting. My best shot on the course yesterday was a hybrid from a down hill lie that carried 20 yards farther than I was expecting. The whole swing felt right too. I may give that one a shot again.

Right now... consistency. Played a round yesterday at Clustered Spires (Frederick, MD)... mainly tee'd off with my 3W (avg 220)... felt really good.. but had to as I couldn't hit my driver consistently during warm ups. Then, while having a great start (personal.. I'm about a 24 hdcp) on the front 9 (played to +6 through 5 holes), ) birdied #6 (a first), went to the par 3 #7 (163 yards) and CRUSHED a 6i over 200 yrds. Didn't take a hard swing, but had that "perfect" contact feel. As a lefty, it was right of target, no hook (is that a "dead pull"?) Where it landed was playable, but in trees, did not get out cleanly and took an 8 on the par 3)... totally blew up my front 9. Played to a 50 going out, 52 coming in (two bad holes on the back took two 7's) :-(

1Tried more shifting than usual today, it was a good feeling and i hit some great shots. I hope this keeps up!!

Putting. I need to work on putting a lot. It's holding me back.

Working on keeping back to the target, swinging right and getting the chest through the zone quicker.

I need to relearn weight shift. We're in it together guys!

You and me both Thainer. I'm just not getting good weight transfer and I think this is my main reason for hitting the ball fat with my irons. End of the season is coming and I really want to work on this before winter comes.

So, anyone who reads the mSeries testing (you SHOULD, people BRINGING it in there) knows I had an epiphany of putting up a full length mirror in my man cave to check my alignment and posture while rolling the rock on my Tour Links. So yes, I'm working on that.

I had another thought about that mirror just now though and it was to use it to look at my posture and alignment with my woods as I've been struggling off the tee. What did I see? My shoulders have gotten SO closed at address its embarrassing and part of playing alone I fear, no feedback. What can closed shoulders off the tee lead to? HOOKS. Pull hooks. What is my miss? You guessed it.

Wow.

Don't worry Jman, I'm working on my reading skills.

Don't worry Jman, I'm working on my reading skills.

I was joking good sir!

My novellas are off-putting!

LOL, are you going to hold on to that forever?

I don't think you should worry about what little old me thought/said. I'm a nobody. I do think that checking your stance and stuff out in a mirror is a good idea. I'm bad for keeping my hands behind the golf ball with irons so I'm constantly checking that.

I don't think you should worry about what little old me thought/said. I'm a nobody. I do think that checking your stance and stuff out in a mirror is a good idea. I'm bad for keeping my hands behind the golf ball with irons so I'm constantly checking that.

Have the same problem. Drill I was told to do was stand straight up, club out in front of you. Without moving the hands and arms, how would you take the club back? You'd rotate your torso. Keep the same feeling when you do it normally. That's been pretty easy for me to incorporate.

Just getting a reaction out of you, that's all! :alien:

The mirror thing makes me feel SO stupid it took so long. I mean the amount my shoulders were/have-apparently-been closed at address was just sad, its no wonder I couldn't stay away from the left side with nasty hooks, I set myself up to do nothing but suck the club back inside. I know where it rooted too, after Austin I noticed how open my stance was off the tee and I knew that was leading to a bit of the hard-fade/cut I was fighting so I worked on closing my stance but I never changed/checked my shoulders. Its stuff like this that just makes me feel stupid.

Question Jman: if you had to choose, would you choose the miss that goes left or right?

Back