Music/CD downloader program?

dynarider

insert witty saying here
Reaction score
Handicap
twits
I have some CD's I need to load onto an MP3 player. In the past I used Musicmatch but they are no longer around. What's a decent free program to utilize?

I use iTunes for my iPod and Windows Media Player for my Sansa.

I use iTunes for my iPod and Windows Media Player for my Sansa.

Not sure how to go about using media player to download & then upload to my Sansa. I used Music Match in the past but they are no loner active & every album just comes up as "artist" so I need to manually enter all the info which is a pita. Am trying Quintessential Player right now & will see how that goes.

I assume you arn't using an ipod?

well itunes really is great as much as I dont want to admit it. WMA is a distant second. my next recommendation would be winamp http://www.winamp.com/

well itunes really is great as much as I dont want to admit it. WMA is a distant second. my next recommendation would be winamp http://www.winamp.com/

Does iTunes work with non-iPod mp3 players?

If it does, make sure you select MP3 and not AAC, AIFF, or Apple Lossless when ripping CDs.

Media Monkey is compatible with lots of devices. It will play a variety of formats too. You can try the free version. If you want mp3 encoding it's $20.

Media Monkey is compatible with lots of devices. It will play a variety of formats too. You can try the free version. If you want mp3 encoding it's $20.

Hey, what are you doing here? No one mentioned "iPhone" !!!

:D

Spoiler
I crack me up.

Welcome back Ranchy!

You can use any media program to rip your music files to MP3, just select the destination folder under "Properties" or "Preferences" and load them into your player.

You can tell iTunes to rip as MP3 rather than AAC, it's just a selection in the "Preferences". I rip everything to MP3, so I can use it on any player I may choose in the future.

I've used:

iTunes

Windows Media Player

Zune Player

Real Player

Winamp

Dynarider

Dynarider

My brother gave me a program called Nero. It works real well for all media
I would think there should be a free or trail offer.
www.nero.com

Songbird is a free opensourse player that looks alot like iTunes. Sansa is supported too, but other device support is limited right now.

Back