Reaction score
What speed do you prefer to putt on?

0-3 Not worth putting on
4-6 just your normal goat track type of speed
7-8 medium
9-10 just fast
11-13 blazing fast

blazing fast.

Just so it's consistent! I go back and forth between goat track (public league/muni course) and fast/blazing fast (club). Drives me totally nuts.

I don't like em too slow, where the ball seems to get stuck. Mark me down for a 8-9 based on your stimp schedule there (not that I have any idea of the stimp of any greens I've putted, ever!).

Just so it's consistent! I go back and forth between goat track (public league/muni course) and fast/blazing fast (club). Drives me totally nuts.

I love the goat track courses where every green is a completely different speed:angry:

I love the goat track courses where every green is a completely different speed:angry:

Yeah, but we all know you're a masochist. I'm not.
Spoiler
(For the life of me, I can't find that little dominatrix GIF Mark gave me over at the Frat Party.)

^^^ What she said. (Except about the club part :sad: )

The fastest I've ever been on were G-2 Bent grass. Kicked my rump.

^^^ What she said. (Except about the club part :sad: )

The fastest I've ever been on were G-2 Bent grass. Kicked my rump.

You're a guy. You don't have a rump.

this may sound crazy, but some of my best putting rounds have been on freshly aerated greens, lol. i still remember one round i played last year where the greens were almost all holes and sand and i was draining everything from 20 feet in (not literally of course, but i was certainly draining them that day on those terrible greens)

I like them just fast, 9-10. 11 is fun every couple of rounds. I usually putt worse on the slow muni greens.

When?

I say medium. I don't like it where its so fast you can't even put a solid stroke on the ball.

2 .

1 .

You get what I mean.

:devil:

Makes no difference to me, as I can adjust. All I want is the practice green to be consistent with the greens on the course. If they are not consistent, then I will spend a little more time, and a few extra putts on on the first couple of greens, so that will know how to play the remaining 16. In the past where I have found those blazing fast greens you speak of, I have switched to lighter putter. Also, if I know I am going to be on one of those very fast greens, I will do what Tiger does, and practice on hard wood flooring. :comp:

Back