University Park CC, Sarasota FL

I was stuck behind a tree just short of the green, Hit a high 56 onto the green, two putt for par.

I yanked the tee shot left, it landed on the road that ran all the way down the left side of the hole, it kicked left into the rough just left and short of the green.
Haha, it was awesome. Wake pulled his driver left and it was Tin Cup-ish, bouncing down the road running along the course. Took a wicked hop to the right and landed in the rough, pin high.

I wa just thinking about that long par 3, when we both went quiet as we were sure we were about to witness a hole in 1. Your ball was tracking that flag big time.

Tapin for bird

I wa just thinking about that long par 3, when we both went quiet as we were sure we were about to witness a hole in 1. Your ball was tracking that flag big time.

Tapin for bird
Dude, I didnt want to say anything while I was watching the ball fly. But for a few seconds I was thinking I had my first Ace...on a 208 yard Par 3.

Dude, I didnt want to say anything while I was watching the ball fly. But for a few seconds I was thinking I had my first Ace...on a 208 yard Par 3.
Did you make the putt. Capt

Did you make the putt. Capt
Nope. Was left about 8 feet or so, and Wake will confirm, the flag was leaning sideways the cup was on so much of a slope. Left it on the low side of the cup, tap in par.

Thats a nice track there War. Wake is a blast to play golf with too. I might get in the MC just so we can play a round :)

Nope. Was left about 8 feet or so, and Wake will confirm, the flag was leaning sideways the cup was on so much of a slope. Left it on the low side of the cup, tap in par.

That pin placement would been understandable on a 110 yd hole, it was plain silly on that hole. It was in the middle of that grade.

Tapin for bird

Thats a nice track there War. Wake is a blast to play golf with too. I might get in the MC just so we can play a round :)
Or you could move to Florida?!

That course looks amazing, definitely will have to check that one out next time I'm down visiting my grandma.

That course looks amazing, definitely will have to check that one out next time I'm down visiting my grandma.
I will have some pics from todays round up soon, Bradd. The course is phenomenal, one of the nicest down this way.

Sorry for the delay in posting these pictures, but life got kind of busy this week... Anyway here we go...

This is a photo I took as I walked out of the ProShop on to the practice area. Through the trees is a chipping/putting area and beyond that is the driving range;
20120901_0715271.jpg

This is a look from the range, at the starters tent. This gives you a really cool feeling while on the range when the starter calls you over the loudspeaker, by name, to the tee box. It's old school, while Wake and I were on the range we got a "Now heading to the #10 tee for the 8:07 start time, the Johs 4-some. Hit 'em well gentleman." Seriously, it gives you some chill bumps...

starterstent.jpg

University Park has 3, 9 hole courses. Wake and I played Holes 10-27, this is the first tee box at #10...

hole10.jpg

Hole #11, a 200+ yard Par 3. Waste bunker all down the right side, tough hole...

hole11-1.jpg

On to #12, a slight dogleg left Par 5. Hi Wake!

hole12.jpg

Here is a lookback on Hole #14, a dogleg right Par 4. 250 to the dogleg, approach is to a small green. Waste bunker all down the right side of the fairway, dont cut the corner too early...

hole13par4lookback.jpg

Continued...

Another Par 3 here at 16, tough hole as it is slightly uphill, requiring all carry over the water. Usually plays about 175+

hole16par3.jpg

This is hole #17, and a picture that I really like. Waste bunker completely surrounds the tee boxes and the front of the fairway.

hole17par5.jpg

And, just for those that wonder why those of us in Florida usually ride instead of walk the courses we play, I show you the ride from the Green on 17 to the tee box on 18, through some good ole Florida jungle!

cartpathto17.jpg

And finally, the approach shot on #18, water all down the right, with a nice view of the Pro Shop and Caddy stand;

hole18approach.jpg

That was a great round. I definitely need to come down and play 1-9 as well.

That was a great round. I definitely need to come down and play 1-9 as well.

Yeah, we need to play 1-9,definitely the tougher of the 3 9's. More trees and fairways get a bit tighter. Par 3s aren't as long though.

That course looks pretty awesome, I like awesome looking courses. Glad you guys had fun..

This course. Tomorrow. I cant wait.

By far my favorite course to play.

You and Freddie are going down!

Down to the school yard to woop some danmward arse.

Hahaha! Man I'm so pumped to be playing with yall tomorrow dude. It's been too long.

I can't wait to show those MC'ers how it's done hehe

Freddie, do you mind bringing that B.Asha with you? I'd love to see it in person!

I can't wait to show those MC'ers how it's done hehe

Freddie, do you mind bringing that B.Asha with you? I'd love to see it in person!

Haha, team Sward! I have the B. Asha as well :)

Unless your going to show me the best way to buy a short sale, I'm not sure what you can show us. And yes I have the B asha, I'm gonna beat you all over the course with it. :)

eduqaqy7.jpg

Good times!!

Really Kong? Really? That is just not right.

You guys better jump in the FL Get Together thread today and fill it with pictures of one of my favorite courses in the area and good wings. Drop a chicken wing over the shoulder for me and Morgan in remembrance of that place. I will be there in spirit.

Back