New guy from Nashville

Welcome to the THP in middle Tennessee Wadesworld! There are bunch of us here in the Nashville area. I have been here 5 years and played most of the decent courses and quite a few of the awful ones. I play now in Gallatin at The Club at Foxland Harbor which is a great course that is semi-private now and to join is wicked cheap. If you play most weekends, it becomes worth it quick. I have been playing most weekends and any days off and my score has come down to the high 80's.
There are a few great threads on here about the area. Check out "Golf in Middle Tennessee".

I am from Boston, MA and moved here for work. Not in love with Nashville but making the best of it by playing lots of golf!

PM me if you want to try to get together for a round on a weekend.

Great to have you on board.

LMS

Welcome aboard. In Nashville/Franklin all the time as I have a business there. Great place. Just starting to learn the golf courses around there.

Welcome!

Glad to have ya on board!

welcome to THP!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome to THP!

Seriously. Tappin'.

Just joined today.

I'm a 46-year-old, righty, 20-handicapper living in Nashville, TN, and need to drop an undisclosed amount of weight. I grew up in Orlando, Florida and have played golf most of my life. I've typically played to about where I am now, never much worse or better.

The one exception was when I was in the US Navy (served aboard the aircraft carrier Nimitz). I was doing the rotation on the mess decks that all new sailors are required to do, but I was fortunate to do so while we were in port for a refit. Since we were going to be in port for a year, me and some buddies got an apartment right across the street from a golf course. My schedule was 4-days-on, 3-days off, 3-days on, 4-days off. Pretty sweet. So, on the days I was off, I would head over to the golf course at dawn, and I would come home at dark. I was a member ($400 a quarter as I recall) so I got all the range balls and golf I wanted. During this period my score dipped into the 80's routinely, and I even shot a 79 once (though it was a very short course).

However, once we went back out to sea, it all went away, especially since I didn't play for a year or more when I got out of the service and went back to college at Auburn University.

The good news is I recently discovered the teachings of Shawn Clement. He has done so much for my swing that when we took the family to see Niagra Falls, I just had to make the two-hour drive up to Toronto to take a lesson in person with him. He's just as neat a guy in person as he is on video, and my swing is really coming together. I'm striking the ball better than I ever have. The scoring hasn't come yet because I haven't eliminated the dumb decisions and my short game has been rough due to not enough play. But, I'm getting out there more frequently now, so I'm confident the scores are going to start heading south at least a little.

Anyhow, from my brief time here I can see there's a bunch of super-passionate golfers, and I'm glad to be among you. Anytime anyone travels to Nashville, TN (or within a couple hours), feel free to send me a PM. I'd love to hook up for a round if the timing works out.

Welcome to THP wade!

That's a great intro. Nice to hear you're getting some good lessons that are helping your game.

Welcome to THP, and enjoy the site!

Welcome aboard, that's awesome that you got a lesson from Shawn Clement, I've watched his videos and they are excellent.

Welcome to THP, glad you joined. Thank you for your service.

Welcome to THP from down here in Chattanooga. Also WAR EAGLE, though the Clemson game didn't go as I had planned.

Welcome to :thp:

Welcome to THP.

Welcome fellow Nashvillian!

welcome to THP!

welcome!!

Back