2012 THP & SCOR Project - Follow-up and Progress

Great job. I can attest, these wedges are great. I am not surprised with your results

100% . Statistically, I am missing more fir and gir than I did previously. You played with me before, my short game was nothing like that of you and Yoccos.

I can see how this turned your game around and sort of completed it for you. A reliable short game was really all you were missing from when we played.

just read that and watched the video. Man that is really cool to see them use ddxu in that spot.

I just did the same thing, pretty cool and its from the outing too. Good times.

I just did the same thing, pretty cool and its from the outing too. Good times.

I blame the 14 shot difference not on the wedge play, but the fact that he was up at the crack of dawn mixing battery acid and jello:alien:

I blame the 14 shot difference not on the wedge play, but the fact that he was up at the crack of dawn mixing battery acid and jello:alien:

And then told us they were jello shots. I get a buzz just thinking of them.

I got the e-mail from score and thought of this thread right away. Love how Scor incorporates THP in their marketing. Congrats on the improvement Dan.

That's awesome Dan! Congrats on the improvement

Saw this on Facebook today. Very cool!!! Makes me want to have a short game area at home even more.

Im not going to lie, I played with ddxu in Orlando and I wont say anything bad about his short game but all you have to do is look at his improvement since the SCOR system. It really makes me want to give it a try and see if I can drop a few strokes.

What a great article/post. Love seeing that your handicap is continually shrinking and that your confidence with your wedges is growing. Keep it up!

This was awesome! Great stuff! I can attest to how good these are. I played golf with my dad this weekend, he picked up one of my SCORs checks it out, hits his 60 yard shot to within 3 feet and says "Now that might be one of the nicest wedges I have hit." This from a man who has been playing golf for nearly 50 years and was better than scratch for much of it.

That's awesome, I sent that to SCOR over the weekend. They are great to work with. Special shoutout to Chris (THP member Chewie) for all the camera work.

Last edited:
I have to say my short game is the best its ever been and I'm a big believer in SCOR wedges. I'm playing with the 55 and 60 and they're so versatile. I bought the 50 but preferred my AW to be a continuation of my irons so that's sitting in the corner of my room right now. But the 55 and 60 are unbelievable for me. The 55 is my go to club for chipping around the green. The 60 has completely changed my bunker game. I used to be thrilled to just get the ball out of the bunker. The v-sole has really given me confidence and now I'm giving myself makeable putts for sand saves on almost every bunker shot. The 60 is also the best wedge I've ever hit for flop shots. I think this again has a lot to do with the v-sole but flop shots are so easy with this club.

My short game is my biggest weakness. If have to do any chipping or pitching i'm in trouble. I've never heard of SCOR wedges but this thread has piqued my interest. I just bought a set of Vokeys though. I'll have to test these out next spring. Congrats on the better rounds. Breaking 80 is just around the corner. Good Luck.

The v-sole has really given me confidence and now I'm giving myself makeable putts

This is my exact same reason I love them. We all get so enamored with chip ins and watching the pros make highlight reel pitch shots, but my goal on every chip is to get it within the no stress putt zone. Chip ins are great when they happen, but I used to blow it 20' past the hole pretty often because I focused too much on trying to chip it in.

This is my exact same reason I love them. We all get so enamored with chip ins and watching the pros make highlight reel pitch shots, but my goal on every chip is to get it within the no stress putt zone. Chip ins are great when they happen, but I used to blow it 20' past the hole pretty often because I focused too much on trying to chip it in.

Exactly. The pros and scratch golfers may hole a couple or leave it just on the edge. For me, I'm trying to give myself a reasonable chance at an up and in. With the SCOR wedges and the v-sole I feel like I'm putting so many of my chips within a 5 foot circle and giving myself the chance whereas I used to be all over the place; chunk one, skull the next. I'm a big fan of these wedges.

This doesn't help the ponder, maybe has really never been a ponder but a waiting game...nicely done and congrats. Was nice to see the video after reading about it before.

LtEvO TaPpEd

Is this great or what. 74* and its SCOR practice time

amu3a5ys.jpg

I posted my best ever round yesterday during a friendly 4ball money match yesterday. Shot 79 at Prairie Highlands Golf Club and broke 80 for the first time ever. The SCOR wedges were on full display, converting 7/9 up and downs. I rolled in 2 putts from 6-10' for par, but the rest of the par putts were inside 5 feet.

Wow Dan, that's incredible man! Really is amazing how the SCOR's have impacted your ability to score. There is a reason they call it the scoring zone, we give away so many strokes within 100 yards.

You have put in the time and are seeing the results, congrats!!

Man, that is huge! Congrats on the improvement and keeping this thread updated. I am starting to transition more of my practice time to myn wedges because of you.

Congrats ddxu, you have put in the time on your short game and that combined with these awesome wedges seems to have changed your game for the better.

Back