Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in, "clear the area. NOW."

No, I know what it is. I've just never been on a course that had one (that I knew of.) Is it like a Civil Defense horn?

No, I know what it is. I've just never been on a course that had one (that I knew of.) Is it like a Civil Defense horn?

Ya know, I wasn't even aware of it. Everyone else was walking off the range as I was walking to it (carry both bags, because Hubby at stopped off at the tennis courts). They told me it had gone off, so there was nothing else to do but turn around.

Ya know, I wasn't even aware of it. Everyone else was walking off the range as I was walking to it (carry both bags, because Hubby at stopped off at the tennis courts). They told me it had gone off, so there was nothing else to do but turn around.

You know you don't HAVE to listen to it right?

You know you don't HAVE to listen to it right?

apc06trevino14.jpg

Lee Trevino lies near the 13th hole after being struck by lightning during the second round of
the Western Open at the Butler National Golf Club in Oakbrook, Ill., on June 28, 1975.

"If you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God can hit a 1-iron."

"If you are caught on a golf course during a storm and are afraid of lightning, hold up a 1-iron. Not even God can hit a 1-iron."

lol.....thats a good one!:D

Lee Trevino. :wink:

I guess he hadn't done that in the photograph.

New rant: I can't find my white sateen stretch jeans, and the season opens tomorrow. Grrr. If I buy another pair, they will magically reappear, but that's the only way.

Internet Douche bags!:bad:

Let the rant begin ...

Next week I'm playing in a charity scramble with 3 buddies. For the 2nd time in two years, the same guy bailed on me the week before the tournament. Like a dumba$$, I fronted the entry fee for the whole foursome.

Now I'm scrambling (pun intended) to find a fourth at the last minute and fuming about it. I'm also trying to decide how to deal with this "buddy". Obviously, I'm not fronting entry fees anymore, but I'm debating if I take it any further.

A beat down might help.

If he wasn't strong as an ox, that might be an option.

I'm scheduled to play other rounds and tournaments with this guy, so I'm debating just bailing on playing with him at all anymore. Super frustrating ..

I'd include him in casual rounds where it doesn't matter if he shows or not but I wouldn't count on him for another tournament.

Definitely don't want to do a beat down after you supplied the additional information!

Let the rant begin ...

Next week I'm playing in a charity scramble with 3 buddies. For the 2nd time in two years, the same guy bailed on me the week before the tournament. Like a dumba$$, I fronted the entry fee for the whole foursome.

Now I'm scrambling (pun intended) to find a fourth at the last minute and fuming about it. I'm also trying to decide how to deal with this "buddy". Obviously, I'm not fronting entry fees anymore, but I'm debating if I take it any further.

What day next week and how early would I have to hit the road to make the tee time?

:good: we want pictures!

What day next week and how early would I have to hit the road to make the tee time?

Thursday, 10:00 a.m start. I'd think you'd need to leave around 4 a.m., Claire.

Thursday, 10:00 a.m start. I'd think you'd need to leave around 4 a.m., Claire.

And I'd need to be back here at 4:30. I think it's more like a two-three hour drive, but that would still make for a very speedy round. :beat-up:

And I'd need to be back here at 4:30. I think it's more like a two-three hour drive, but that would still make for a very speedy round. :beat-up:

You can dew it :good:

Spoiler
Yes it was spelled wrong on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back