The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those talking about battery life, My dad had an external case/battery. We played 18 and he uses golfshot, never once did he click the green power save/sleep button while playing. Later that day he was still at 100% battery, I will defiantly be buying this as Golfshot usually takes about 20% of my battery using the sleep mode when playing. He said he got it at a Verizon store.

I use Golfshot GPS during my rounds. After looking at it, I simply hit the power button to turn the display off and put the phone back in my pocket. So far, my phone has never been at less than about 60% charge when I'm finished.

Also, a tip: sometimes Golfshot will get whacked out. You know, when it tells you the yardage to the next hole is 1.2 miles? When that happens to me, it usually won't fix itself and even quitting and restarting the app doesn't help. However, what I've found does fix it is to pause and then resume the round.

Hahahahaha please tell me you are kidding. I love my iPhone and my iMac but they are just getting silly now.
Newly designed headphones to come with iDevices, will be labeled "ear-pods."

Also, the iPod Touch will now come with the "iLoop" which everyone else refers to as a "lanyard."

New dock connector will be called the "lightning dock" because it's just so darn fast.

Also, the iPod Touch will now come with the "iLoop" which everyone else refers to as a "lanyard."

New dock connector will be called the "lightning dock" because it's just so darn fast.

Bwahahahaha poor Steve Jobs. They are ruining this company.

Not seeing that it comes with that stupid lanyard loop. It'll be a 10 dollar accessory. While that's incredibly stupid and I have no idea why you'd put your iPod or phone on a lanyard, I do see the same stupid lanyard spot on my Droid X as well.

Bwahahahaha poor Steve Jobs. They are ruining this company.

I feel like we are going to go back to the late 90s Apple. That will not be a good thing.

innovation at it's best!

I don't think that's all Tim Cook's doing. Pretty sure I remember that when Steve-O passed away, there were a lot of reports that Steve had layouts and such for the next few years of products. The dumb names for some of that stuff though... Yikes.

I use Golfshot GPS during my rounds. After looking at it, I simply hit the power button to turn the display off and put the phone back in my pocket. So far, my phone has never been at less than about 60% charge when I'm finished.

Also, a tip: sometimes Golfshot will get whacked out. You know, when it tells you the yardage to the next hole is 1.2 miles? When that happens to me, it usually won't fix itself and even quitting and restarting the app doesn't help. However, what I've found does fix it is to pause and then resume the round.

See that is the exactly why I stopped using GPS apps like golfshot for GPS.

Not seeing that it comes with that stupid lanyard loop. It'll be a 10 dollar accessory. While that's incredibly stupid and I have no idea why you'd put your iPod or phone on a lanyard, I do see the same stupid lanyard spot on my Droid X as well.

Yeah the marketing department is what I was referring to. I wonder if they renamed the toilets at headquarters iJohns. Yuck.

Yeah the marketing department is what I was referring to. I wonder if they renamed the toilets at headquarters iJohns. Yuck.

nah but they have these awesome sensors that flush the toilets for you. It's call iFlush

I bet they walk around just throwing i in front of everything just to see what sticks. I'd really like a cup of iCoffee? No.. That's terrible. We should brainstorm and get into groups or pod.. iPods! WRITE THAT DOWN!

For those that are curious, the official event starts at 10am pacific. 1pm eastern.

I don't think it's a live feed but you can follow along on twitter with some peeps that will be there.

Which means ios 6 will come out for updating previous models soon too?

Yes. There's a bit of noise that iTunes11 will be released today as well. Would be surprised if we didn't see iOS6 by Friday.

haha the iLoop. Classic.

What feeds does everyone watch to cover the live event?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back