The iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this quite early this morning but see guys like War and Thainer posting in here now. You guys have any thoughts on this?

Got a few responses thus far but looking for a bit more to solidify my decision.

For you the 4S will be a huge upgrade and since you dont seem to care about having the latest it makes sense. The 4S isnt bad at all and like I said will be much faster and nicer then what you have now. Solid plan IMO.

Posted this quite early this morning but see guys like War and Thainer posting in here now. You guys have any thoughts on this?

Got a few responses thus far but looking for a bit more to solidify my decision.

It was covered pretty well early cookie. The 4S is a solid upgrade from the 3G. I don't think you can go wrong between choosing the 5 or 4S

I'd go to the 5. Figure eventually all of their ports are now going to be that silly lightning port. Might as well get something with 4g.

Thanks Kmac and TC1, that definitely seems to be the consensus.

The idea of screwing with cables and then waiting for cases is not appealing to me at all. $99 for a 16GB 4S seems like a great deal.

Cookie, if I were you, I would jump on the 5. I know it's an extra $100,but if you are certain that you want to stay with the iphone, I think the 5 is the way to go.

The 4g speed in and of itself is worth it. But you aren't one that changes phones often, so the 5 would probably ensure you 3 or so years of updates. I would spend the extra money and go ahead and upgrade to the top of the line.

The best update Apple can make is to be able to remove pinned apps, or at least put the Newsstand app in your "crappy" folder.

I have an entire screen of 'crappy apps' man..

It sits there, irrelevant.

I'd go to the 5. Figure eventually all of their ports are now going to be that silly lightning port. Might as well get something with 4g.

So, how does that work? I know my wife's 4S shows 4G coverage at times (depending on signal strength I presume). Is the 5 going to be 4G at all times?

For instance, at the lakehouse I tend to get 1 bar of service but we have a VZW hotspot there that I can use for the iPad, etc.

The best update Apple can make is to be able to remove pinned apps, or at least put the Newsstand app in your "crappy" folder.

I have an entire screen of 'crappy apps' man..

It sits there, irrelevant.

There is an easy trick to get the newstand app in to a folder. Can't remember it off the top of my head, but it's an easy glitch to do. Google it.

Cookie, if I were you, I would jump on the 5. I know it's an extra $100,but if you are certain that you want to stay with the iphone, I think the 5 is the way to go.

The 4g speed in and of itself is worth it. But you aren't one that changes phones often, so the 5 would probably ensure you 3 or so years of updates. I would spend the extra money and go ahead and upgrade to the top of the line.

my thoughts exactly. If I had the 3 I'd jump to the 5.

Cookie I am with War and ddec. Go with the 5. Youll be amazed dude.
Thanks Kmac and TC1, that definitely seems to be the consensus.

The idea of screwing with cables and then waiting for cases is not appealing to me at all. $99 for a 16GB 4S seems like a great deal.

Good point there, I am one to shove it in an Otterbox to make sure it stays in great condition and keep it for several years. I would guess that cheap after market USB cables for the 5 will be selling pretty soon so I don't get robbed when buying a few extra.

Wow, I never realized how much little memory I actually use on my phone. That definitely solidifies my decision to get the 16GB.

Good point there, I am one to shove it in an Otterbox to make sure it stays in great condition and keep it for several years. I would guess that cheap after market USB cables for the 5 will be selling pretty soon so I don't get robbed when buying a few extra.

I'm sure after a month or so, you will be able to find them for cheap on sites like monoprice.com.

See how easily I am swayed? Now I am planning to pre-order the 5 in the morning. Assuming I can get it for $199 w/contract.

I just meant that I have an entire 'page' or 'screen' or whatever of apps that didn't make the main screen.

mine in are in a folder called useless

Thanks for the link Thainer, will check it out in a bit. Wishing I could have got this before the Iowa trip!!

See how easily I am swayed? Now I am planning to pre-order the 5 in the morning. Assuming I can get it for $199 w/contract.

If you are looking for a phone for another 3 years, I'd go with this Mr. Cook. It might be a pain getting those adapters. But you will have to make that jump sooner or later. Might as well do it now and enjoy the larger screen, better batter(so they say), and 4G LTE speeds. Then just grab this case when it comes out...

512Ib5EGJbL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

hahaha, same here. I literally use like 4 apps. Ever.

during the presentation yesterday they said the avg person uses over 100 apps. I call bull:poop:

Makes sense Dean, thanks!

Regarding the case, I like it but would *accidentally* crush it come playoff time. :angry:

during the presentation yesterday they said the avg person uses over 100 apps. I call bull:poop:

I had 174 on my iPhone when I switched to my S3

Isnt the new port just a micro USB port now? I saw a guy on NBC's morning show talking about how you could use your other micro USB chargers for the new iPhone and Im seeing this as incorrect. That's funny, dude went on TV and said something completely incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back