THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going through the pics I took and reliving the memories and this one is one of the coolest for me and I only wish I could of grab all these golf balls and created some sort of art work from this but alas I have no artistic talent..LOL

This was on the 18th tee on Sunday and being in the next to last group it was nice to see all the names of all who were there....
That was obviously on the Palmer tees, because I never saw that.

So I'm finally boarding the plane back to California .....boooo

I hope to play golf with everyone again in the near future.

This post will be of people teeing off On the first hole on Saturday:

117_0863.jpg

117_0864.jpg

117_0867.jpg

117_0868.jpg

117_0870.jpg

117_0871.jpg

117_0873.jpg

117_0874.jpg

117_0875.jpg

117_0877.jpg

117_0876.jpg

117_0878.jpg

117_0879.jpg

117_0881.jpg

117_0882.jpg

117_0883.jpg

So I'm finally boarding the plane back to California .....boooo

I hope to play golf with everyone again in the near future.

Travel safe man.

Great photos Rhino, thanks for posting!

I really like the one you posted of me (5th photo). I rarely see photos of myself swinging.

I really like the one you posted of me (5th photo). I rarely see photos of myself swinging.
Look at Bulldog at the number 2 spot......what a great position!

Look at Bulldog at the number 2 spot......what a great position!

No doubt, I never got to see him swing but heard people raving each day about his action off the tee.

Just a couple of quick thoughts about my weekend.....

Bulldog - You are a great friend and I sincerely appreciate you picking me up Thursday and being my driver for the weekend. I do really hope you make it to Florida this year but if not, you and I will hopefully tee it up again soon I hope.

Friday Beaver Creek golf - to the 9 other THPers who came out for a round on Friday, it was alot of fun and a pleasure to meet all of you. I had a great group with Jrod, J4U and Bulldog and we had a great time. Jrod put on a show with some amazing drives and it was a great way to kick off the weekend. I hope and do believe the others there Also had as much fun. I do feel bad things worked out that we did not make it over to Jethro's BBQ but going to Applebee's and handing out in the parking lot shooting the :poop: with those that were there made for a great evening.

Smallville - Mike, this was a long time in the making and even though I completely exploded on the back 9, I completely enjoyed the round with you, Dan and Terry. I hope out next round does not take 3 years to happen.

Josh and Morgan - As has been stated thousands of times here, thank you for all you do and making this all possible

Hawk - Again great job in getting this put together!!

Texashacker - I look forward to getting a round in with you sometime, it was awesome getting to know you a bit. You have the loudest voice I think I have ever experienced, your teams suck but you sir are a good person.

Jake - What can I say? It was great to hang out with you in 102 and I look forward to seeing you in Orlando in '13. We will get that round in some time soon I hope. :D

J4U - Glad to see you got over the worry of meeting everyone, do not hassle yourself if you had a couple of less that normal rounds, it happens and it was great handing out with you all weekend.

Duey -Like Smalls, it has been too long that we have known each other that this was our first time getting a round in together but it was an absolute blast and I look forward to the next time as well.

Brad - If you keep at it you sir are going to be a great golfer!!! Great trick shot hitting the ball into Duey's bag!!!

TBT - My Texas brother, I loved that we got to get a round in yesterday and only wish we can do that more often. I had a blast hanging out with you, and this one is for you my friend:

Spoiler
IMGP0942.jpg

JMan - I did not get to talk with you as much as I wanted but I am sure we will see each other down the road and I look forward to that.

To the rest of the Iowa crew, this was one of the best weekends I have had in a while. It was greatly needed for a few reasons and I appreciate all of you being there to make it so special. I truly hope to see many of you again at a THP event in the future. It is always nice meeting THPers and this weekend was certainly no exception.

Reactions: TC

No problem Cookie, it is the only one of you I can post here. Others are ones from 102 with you and Jake from Saturday night, and I would not want to make Nate jealous...LOL

Great catching up on the recap's of this great THP event. So many great people came together to play a very nice course and created great memories. Such a great group of guy's out there. I didn't get the pic's like others, but what a great course in optimal conditions.

On Sat it was great playing with Sleuth, WessCook and Mulligan. Great bunch of guy's who can really play. I couldn't hit a golf shot to save my life but was still a great time. Sunday with JRod and Jman was a great round with some good dudes. It was a pleasure playing with both of them and look forward to meeting up again. JRod is a blast to play with, and Jman is probably my favorite and least obnoxious Sooner fan I know (it's too bad they are going down this weekend; Go State!!) Both rounds were such a great time, and couldn't ask for better parters to tee it up with.

The course was fantastic and one of the best one's I've played in a while. It really made you pick your way around the course. Most courses you play to numbers your comfortable with... here you had to play to the course and your next shot. I was hacking my way all over the course this weekend but was great to see such a great layout to really play the game on.

No problem Cookie, it is the only one of you I can post here. Others are ones from 102 with you and Jake from Saturday night, and I would not want to make Nate jealous...LOL

LMAO - yeah, that may not go over too well. Nate was giving me the eye already that night....was not too happy with me.

LMAO - yeah, that may not go over too well. Nate was giving me the eye already that night....was not too happy with me.

Somebody jealous? Hehehehehe...

What a great trip. Want to start out by thanking the Albatross members who make these trips possible. Those donations really do make these trips happen.

Got in on Friday afternoon and, after getting settled and picking up a few supplies, Mrs. Whozat and I headed over to the BBQ joint to meet up with a few others. Nice chance to catch up with JB and Morgan as well as tease the TX boys and meet some new faces. The food was pretty good to but that is usually the case when Morgan picks the location. I am glad Morgan was feeling a little better and got to enjoy some Midwest hospitality. I forget what the waitress said because I was used to hearing it but it was fun to she Morgan get a kick out of the way we talk in the midwest.

We got invited back to the Tour Van and had a great time talking golf and watching JMan select some putters for testing. He was like a kid in a candy store. I don't think I thanked Josh enough for the Krave jerky. Great stuff and Mrs. Whozat is hooked. Found a place that sells it for a decent price in Minneapolis so I will need to make it a regular stop for us now.

On the range Saturday morning and it was great to see some of what 2013 has in store for Cobra. After seeing some of the new offerings, I am really glad Cobra/Puma is part of the Morgan Cup. They are going to continue to turn heads and I am excited for the direction they are heading. I will stop there before I say to much. The smooth challenge was really cool and I ended up thinking two shafts were my favorite by a large margiin. Both happen to be the same KBS Tour shafts I already have.

This is getting long winded so round recaps and pictures still to come.

Great pics there Rhino! It's kinda nice to re-live those first tee-shots.

I thought we broke up....now you're saying we didn't? Make up your mind already!

What a great trip. Want to start out by thanking the Albatross members who make these trips possible. Those donations really do make these trips happen.

Got in on Friday afternoon and, after getting settled and picking up a few supplies, Mrs. Whozat and I headed over to the BBQ joint to meet up with a few others. Nice chance to catch up with JB and Morgan as well as tease the TX boys and meet some new faces. The food was pretty good to but that is usually the case when Morgan picks the location. I am glad Morgan was feeling a little better and got to enjoy some Midwest hospitality. I forget what the waitress said because I was used to hearing it but it was fun to she Morgan get a kick out of the way we talk in the midwest.

We got invited back to the Tour Van and had a great time talking golf and watching JMan select some putters for testing. He was like a kid in a candy store. I don't think I thanked Josh enough for the Krave jerky. Great stuff and Mrs. Whozat is hooked. Found a place that sells it for a decent price in Minneapolis so I will need to make it a regular stop for us now.

On the range Saturday morning and it was great to see some of what 2013 has in store for Cobra. After seeing some of the new offerings, I am really glad Cobra/Puma is part of the Morgan Cup. They are going to continue to turn heads and I am excited for the direction they are heading. I will stop there before I say to much. The smooth challenge was really cool and I ended up thinking two shafts were my favorite by a large margiin. Both happen to be the same KBS Tour shafts I already have.

LOL I think she said dag nabit (or something like that)

I thought we broke up....now you're saying we didn't? Make up your mind already!

It's called not adding fuel to the fire. We are done! Until I need you again.......

Anywho, back to the greatness that was Iowa. I will have my Sunday & overall recap up tomorrow.

Can we do this again next year please!

LOL I think she said dag nabit (or something like that)

I was going to say "dog gone it" but it was something like that. Seemed like you really enjoyed Iowa.

Wow what a weekend.....

It started when I met Bulldog, J4U, and Rhino in the parking lot of the Days Inn where they had no rooms ready. I was walking outside when I saw Bulldog and immediately recognized him from a previous outing. We shot the crap for awhile before heading to Beaver Creek to hit 1000 balls being as we were about 2 hours early for our tee time. The starter actually laughed at us. I had a frigging blast playing with Bulldog, Rhino, and J4U. The course was a great layout with really tight fairways and BRUTALLY fast greens. Unfortunately you could tell the harsh summer had taken a severe toll on the course. It didn't matter, I was hanging out with THPers and playing golf. After the round we all headed to Applebees for some terrible food and some beers. We then commenced to begin drinking and smoking in the parking lot like a bunch of hoodlums. We later met up with the guys who went to Jethro's and had some more beers and laughs before heading to bed.

Saturday morning I woke up with brutal stomach pains. As many here that know me know this is not uncommon as I rarely drink beer or consume eat out food, nevermind both at once. I gingerly headed to TCI and quickly met Jman and Cookie then headed down to the range. I hit a ton of clubs, including the amazing PING Serene ladies hybrids which I loved, before taking the smooth challenge. I'm sure you guys will see my amazing interview with JB later, as I felt like warmed over poop and sounded even more monotone than usual.

We then headed up to watch Brad win an amazing SeeMore putter (I jacked it by like 15 feet.)

On to the first tee. I was fortunate enough to play with Howzat, Cookie, and Puttin4Bird. What a friggin blast. I soon remembered why I loved being a part of this amazing place as by the first green we were shooting the crap like we had known each other for 30 years. After a wonderful round of me taking jake's money and paying him back for some of the pain the Morgan Cup 1 caused me we headed back and got cleaned up to head to BWW. They had no idea what him them. The waitress was completely lost, they ran out of Bass, and the bartender had no idea how to make a black and tan. Newcastle it was. We had a freaking blast and bid adieu to
On to the first tee. I was fortunate enough to play with Howzat, Cookie, and Puttin4Bird. What a friggin blast. I soon remembered why I loved being a part of this amazing place as by the first green we were shooting the crap like we had known each other for 30 years. After a wonderful round of me taking jake's money and paying him back for some of the pain the Morgan Cup 1 caused me we headed back and got cleaned up to head to BWW. They had no idea what him them. The waitress was completely lost, they ran out of Bass, and the bartender had no idea how to make a black and tan. Newcastle it was. We had a freaking blast and bid adieu to Josh and Morgan and headed back to the Days Inn . Room 102 then became some sort of night club. I cashed out early and headed to bed for some well needed rest.

Sunday I woke up and felt about 20 times better and met with hawk,Bhilin, and J4U for some coffee and banana's before heading to the range. Clearly all this golf had caught up with me and I was really struggling to swing the club, however after about 15 swings I felt pretty good and we headed out.

Sunday round was with JMan and Bhillin. I had played with Bhillin before and was excited to do it again as the poor guy had to do nothing but listen to me b*tch and moan for 4 hours last time while I was going through my I20 fiasco. I was also pumped to meet JMan and spend some time as we had really gotten along well on the forum and he seemed like a hell of a guy. We had a great round and I played really well for 13 holes and could have put up a really good score before I just faded. I lost all my drive and energy. It didn't matter though, I was having the time of my freaking life. Beautiful course, beautiful day, and playing golf with some amazing people.

After the round we chatted it up before hitting the road home to boring old Davenport.

Couple shoutouts, and I'm gonna start with the people I played with so please don't be offended if I don't mention you first, I made so many friends this weekend I need to pace myself.

White Rhino: You're hilarious dude. You enjoy golf and it shows. The one liners throughout the day were killing me.

Bulldog: You're the man dude. I always love teeing it up with you and love healring the stories, especially about THP in 1935. I can't wait till we do it again.

J4U: Hell of a nice guy. Thanks for letting me room with you dude and sorry about those weird noises I was making Saturday night I was about 8 hours short of my normal sleep and was paying for it. I'm so happy you made the trip all the way from CO, and stick with those CMB's those things are amazing.

Puttin4Bird: What can you say about this guy that hasn't already been said? Probably the most friendly guy here. I really wish we lived closer dude cause I would tee it up with you every weekend. As someone stated earlier you have rockstar status and you deserve it. You're a true badass.

Howzat: It was great meeting you and everything Hawk had told me about you was true. You're a freaking blast to play golf with and you are just a genuinely nice guy. You don't see that too much these days and it was very refreshing. Your wife is lovely and extremely funny as well!

Cookie: The man who saved my life. You're an amazing person. You hooked me up and still would take nothing in return. An absolute blast to play golf with as well. Don't let anyone give you crap about your swing dude, your takeaway may be goofy but you get through the ball great on the downswing. You were killing those mashie fw's.

BHillin: It was a blast playing with you again man and actually having a golf swing this time. You're a great guy and I can't wait to head down to P Town so we can play some of your home tracks. You absolutely kill that Classic with that Kusala. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

JMan: I was looking forward to this as soon as I heard about the pairings. We get a long great on the forum and it only continued on the golf course. The scary part is you remind me of me. I don't know if that's a compliment or not but it's a shame we don't live closer, I could see us playing golf a lot and having a blast. Keep it real bro.

Hawk: I'm glad I joined this place just for the fact I get to meet people like you dude, nevermind be lucky enough to live only minutes away and tee it up on a regular basis. Your passion for this place is amazing, and it shows. Keep it up man and you ever need anything you know who to call.

JB and GG: It was an absolute blast seeing you both again. I've been fortunate enough to meet you guys twice and both times have been amazing. Keep up the good work, not everyone will appreciate what you guys do and some will try and take advantage of it, but know the number of people who appreciate it far outnumbers the naysayers. You two never cease to amaze.

More to come.......

Jarrod

Reactions: JB

It's called not adding fuel to the fire. We are done! Until I need you again.......

Boys, kiss and make up. That whole Jake thing was just a phase, Right, Cookie? :alien:

I was going to say "dog gone it" but it was something like that. Seemed like you really enjoyed Iowa.

I really did, the state of Iowa really surprised me. Sure there was a lot of corn (A LOT) but it was also so clean, the people were so nice, and I just liked the overall feel of the state. I am now a huge fan of midwestern hospitality.

Just a tip you can go to http://www.kravejerky.com and you can order it delivered to your door. For those flavors the store might not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back