Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

Still a lot of love for the RAZR Fit driver. I'm still in love with mine as well. Still pondering a new shaft just to see if I get a little more distance out of it, but still hitting fairways all day. It has been a beautiful weekend here and I have been stuck working all weekend, tomorrow hopefully getting out for 18 in the afternoon. When I have a round coming up I get excited about hitting this driver every time.

Still a lot of love for the RAZR Fit driver. I'm still in love with mine as well. Still pondering a new shaft just to see if I get a little more distance out of it, but still hitting fairways all day. It has been a beautiful weekend here and I have been stuck working all weekend, tomorrow hopefully getting out for 18 in the afternoon. When I have a round coming up I get excited about hitting this driver every time.

You playing the regular fit, or the TA now?

I've been playing the TA. I feel like I am more accurate with it than the regular Fit, like I can pick a side of the fairway I want to be on and I can aim at it and feel confident I'll hit it there. And I like the lower ball flight I get because the wind doesn't effect it much at all. But I feel like I'm a good 15 yards shorter with the TA.

I thought about just going back to the standard Fit but I like the head of the TA too much, lol. So I might just tinker with a couple other shafts.

I've been playing the TA. I feel like I am more accurate with it than the regular Fit, like I can pick a side of the fairway I want to be on and I can aim at it and feel confident I'll hit it there. And I like the lower ball flight I get because the wind doesn't effect it much at all. But I feel like I'm a good 15 yards shorter with the TA.

I thought about just going back to the standard Fit but I like the head of the TA too much, lol. So I might just tinker with a couple other shafts.

15 yards shorter and accurate sounds a lot better to me. I find myself using driver less and less these days but when I do use the Razr FIT it's long and straight. Confidence is everything in a this game and the Razr FIT gives some serious confidence

Thats for sure. I have never had so much confidence with the driver. I still hit some long bombs with the TA, just not as consistently as I did with the standard Fit. I would say I average 265ish with the TA and I was averaging 280ish with the standard.

Couldn't you take the shaft in your "regular" Fit and put it in the TA head and try that?

I had my first round with the Fit/DI-6 combo the other day. I had a swing flaw going on where I was coming too far from the inside, so I was either hitting pushes or hooks, it was hard to pick a side of the fairway to aim at, so I didn't hit very many fairways. However, on good strikes this driver was as long as anything I've hit before. I hit 2 huge hooks during that round (like next fairway over hooks), and when I went to the range later in the week that was my big miss as well. So I swapped the weights to put the heavy weight in the toe, and that straightened things out. I am going to take this club to a golf shop this week to get a new grip put on it and at least 1/2 inch chopped off of the butt of the club. I feel like the club slips in my hands at times with the stock grip, and I want to try the driver at 45 inches (1/2 inch shorter than standard).

Couldn't you take the shaft in your "regular" Fit and put it in the TA head and try that?

I had my first round with the Fit/DI-6 combo the other day. I had a swing flaw going on where I was coming too far from the inside, so I was either hitting pushes or hooks, it was hard to pick a side of the fairway to aim at, so I didn't hit very many fairways. However, on good strikes this driver was as long as anything I've hit before. I hit 2 huge hooks during that round (like next fairway over hooks), and when I went to the range later in the week that was my big miss as well. So I swapped the weights to put the heavy weight in the toe, and that straightened things out. I am going to take this club to a golf shop this week to get a new grip put on it and at least 1/2 inch chopped off of the butt of the club. I feel like the club slips in my hands at times with the stock grip, and I want to try the driver at 45 inches (1/2 inch shorter than standard).

Yeah I could do that, I just want to give the TA a little more time. I just want to tinker a little bit and see what else is out there, I haven't tinkered with many shafts before. I know I love the stock shaft on the regular Fit though, it just works for me.

Had a much much better day with the FIT TA X-Con 6 combo, 9/14 FIR, still had some issues with my driver swing and hooked a couple and actually topped one that went about 40 yards lol. The fairways I did hit were exactly what I was expecting out of this shaft, high and long! On hole 11 I hit my longest drive I ever have on that hole this morning. This combo impressed the heck out of me today, even when I did not hit it in the middle of the face the ball still just went, I would pull up looking for my ball only to find it 10 yards farther down, it is def forgiving that is for sure. I can not wait to get back out there next weekend and hit this thing.

10- when you're hooking it (the ball, not yourself) are you teeing it on the lower side too much by chance?

Had a much much better day with the FIT TA X-Con 6 combo, 9/14 FIR, still had some issues with my driver swing and hooked a couple and actually topped one that went about 40 yards lol. The fairways I did hit were exactly what I was expecting out of this shaft, high and long! On hole 11 I hit my longest drive I ever have on that hole this morning. This combo impressed the heck out of me today, even when I did not hit it in the middle of the face the ball still just went, I would pull up looking for my ball only to find it 10 yards farther down, it is def forgiving that is for sure. I can not wait to get back out there next weekend and hit this thing.

Not a very good day with the Fit for me yesterday. I am hitting really high fades with it right now and I can't get it figured out. Any time to try to adjust my swing to hit it lower I pull it way left. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong so I may end up having to see the pro at the course again soon. I was hitting nice mid-low shots for the last 2 months and now my last 2-3 rounds have been really high fades and I'm missing a lot of fairways right.

i missed right often on saturday afternoon...don't know why either...controllable though, never in trouble but not on the short grass

Yeah I'm never really in a lot of trouble either unless its a dogleg hole or there are trees on the right. Then I end up having to punch out. I had to punch out 3 times yesterday on 9 holes because of my drive. I just have no idea why I'm hitting it so high. I know I hit my irons kinda high but I've never had this problem with the driver.

Interesting thoughts guys. I know when I get really quick from the top my miss is a pull (overthetop). When I get tired and I don't come over enough with my top hand, my miss is an exaggerated fade right. Maybe similar things happening?

I'm not sure dude, thats why I may go see the pro soon if it doesn't work itself out. I decided a few months ago I was done trying to fix things myself by adjusting my swing every time I went out for a round. When I have a problem I see him and he fixes it within a few swings and I don't have to worry about jacking my swing up even more. I also may try adjusting the weights on the driver to see what happens. I already have the 12g in the heel, 2g in the toe, but I may try using lighter weights in the head to see if it helps, such as 10/2 or 8/4, just to see if a ligher head starts working better for me.

I'm not sure dude, thats why I may go see the pro soon if it doesn't work itself out. I decided a few months ago I was done trying to fix things myself by adjusting my swing every time I went out for a round. When I have a problem I see him and he fixes it within a few swings and I don't have to worry about jacking my swing up even more. I also may try adjusting the weights on the driver to see what happens. I already have the 12g in the heel, 2g in the toe, but I may try using lighter weights in the head to see if it helps, such as 10/2 or 8/4, just to see if a ligher head starts working better for me.

Good point about seeing the pro. Why struggle for weeks when he can fix you in a half a bucket? That is my go to place to change things up with this driver is the weights as well. I might go 8/4 to start because you had it in neutral. Good luck man. I really hope you get it figured out. I really enjoyed watching you pound that baby at the MC. I don't like thoughts of Bradd hitting high fades into trees.

10- when you're hooking it (the ball, not yourself) are you teeing it on the lower side too much by chance?
Yes and no, I do hook it more when I tee it low but I can still hook it just as much when I tee it high but it happens less when it is teed up high. Even with the shallow face of this driver I have found the tee height I need to use and its high just like it was with the R11s.

I am loving this DI-7 Razr fit combo. I was bombing drives all day today! Long and straight. GPS'ed a couple of them and they were right at about 300. I love the flight I get and the roll out after. Gonna keep this for awhile then maybe switch to the Project X shaft and see if I can't squeeze just a little more out of this driver.

Hit this really well today after not playing for a week. Chipped like a moron, but drove really well.

I am loving this DI-7 Razr fit combo. I was bombing drives all day today! Long and straight. GPS'ed a couple of them and they were right at about 300. I love the flight I get and the roll out after. Gonna keep this for awhile then maybe switch to the Project X shaft and see if I can't squeeze just a little more out of this driver.
Doesnt surprise me as the DI shaft is the best shaft I have ever used in my life. I might end up getting one for the FIT over winter lol. I miss that shaft so bad. It is just so smooth feeling and just delivers mid/high bombs with low spin.

Doesnt surprise me as the DI shaft is the best shaft I have ever used in my life. I might end up getting one for the FIT over winter lol. I miss that shaft so bad. It is just so smooth feeling and just delivers mid/high bombs with low spin.

That is a fact. This is by far the best shaft I have ever used. I love the smooth transition at the top and how it just unleashes on the back of the ball with no effort at all.

I was a little skeptical at first from seeing all the pros hit it. I didn't want to be that guys that plays a shaft because all the pros are doing it. But this is the real deal. If you want a perfect ball flight and long straight bombs, then you need to try this shaft out. Sorry just really love this combo. Haha

Seriously. Tappin'.

Had a great night with the Fit TA, it totally restored my confidence in the club. I knew it wasn't the clubs fault but I was just hitting a high fade with everything. Today made a slight adjustment to my posture and also switched out the 12g weight in with the 10g weight. For a long time leading up to the MC I was playing 10/2 and was very successful with it, so I thought I'd give it a shot tonight. Right off the first tee I just bombed it right down the fairway. I was consistent all night with it, nice straight bombs and great contact every time, I only missed two fairways and both of those were just off the fairway about 5 yards. I still haven't restored faith in the 3w yet, I have been topping it light crazy, I didn't even pull it from the bag tonight even when I normally would have because I was hitting the driver so well I just used it instead of the 3w on a narrow hole that I usually use it on.

I want one. I really do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want one. I really do.

Just get one....all the kids are doing it

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I want one. I really do.

Just do it, check out gppgolf.com right now, they are on sale for $199

Had a great night with the Fit TA, it totally restored my confidence in the club. I knew it wasn't the clubs fault but I was just hitting a high fade with everything. Today made a slight adjustment to my posture and also switched out the 12g weight in with the 10g weight. For a long time leading up to the MC I was playing 10/2 and was very successful with it, so I thought I'd give it a shot tonight. Right off the first tee I just bombed it right down the fairway. I was consistent all night with it, nice straight bombs and great contact every time, I only missed two fairways and both of those were just off the fairway about 5 yards. I still haven't restored faith in the 3w yet, I have been topping it light crazy, I didn't even pull it from the bag tonight even when I normally would have because I was hitting the driver so well I just used it instead of the 3w on a narrow hole that I usually use it on.

Posture IMHO plays a big roll on the final outcome of the swing.
I constantly remind myself during a round correct posture for good results.

Back