The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get grumpy when I'm hungry dude. Nice mod'ing though

Thanks. Sometimes it's easier to be friendly.

FYI, i call that getting hangry.

Is this the Rant or Banter thread, LOL

Dudes, I'm jones'ing to get to the gym tomorrow. I'm getting more and more addicted.
I didnt go this morning, and now I am upset with myself.

Im down 12 lbs in the past 2 weeks.

I didnt go this morning, and now I am upset with myself.

Im down 12 lbs in the past 2 weeks.

Good job dude. How many days a week are you lifting and what are you doing?

Good job dude. How many days a week are you lifting and what are you doing?
Im lifting 3 days a week, and trying** to ride 3 days a week as well for some cardio.

As far as hitting the gym goes, Im doing full body workouts. Absolutely kills me in the gym, but man do they seem to be working for me. A lot of power lifts (cleans, squats, deadlifts) mixed in with high rep/low weight supersets. Im liking them, hitting every major muscle group on the same day, rest a day, then going back at it.

I went swimming over the weekend at the Y. No old dudes were there to race me or anything though.

Im lifting 3 days a week, and trying** to ride 3 days a week as well for some cardio.

As far as hitting the gym goes, Im doing full body workouts. Absolutely kills me in the gym, but man do they seem to be working for me. A lot of power lifts (cleans, squats, deadlifts) mixed in with high rep/low weight supersets. Im liking them, hitting every major muscle group on the same day, rest a day, then going back at it.

I went swimming over the weekend at the Y. No old dudes were there to race me or anything though.

Nice dude, you're going to be cock-dieseled like me! I crave it something fierce dude. I wish I could do more Olympic style lifting but my knees won't let me. I'm pretty much a waist up freak. I'm obsessed with working my back and shoulders more than anything.

I need to start lifting like I said I would. Though I'm finding swimming a lot to be really good and works me out a ton. I need some cardio anyways.

Nice dude, you're going to be cock-dieseled like me! I crave it something fierce dude. I wish I could do more Olympic style lifting but my knees won't let me. I'm pretty much a waist up freak. I'm obsessed with working my back and shoulders more than anything.
Shoulders is a favorite of mine as well. Love doing some military press or dumbbell press to get them going. Always feel pretty beastly after a good shoulder workout.

I could do power cleans all day. I loved them back in school, and just dont think there is a better full body lift out there.

I need to start lifting like I said I would. Though I'm finding swimming a lot to be really good and works me out a ton. I need some cardio anyways.

Swimming is like running to me, boring.

Shoulders is a favorite of mine as well. Love doing some military press or dumbbell press to get them going. Always feel pretty beastly after a good shoulder workout.

I could do power cleans all day. I loved them back in school, and just dont think there is a better full body lift out there.

Yeah, I used to rock them in College but I just can't anymore. There's a dude at the gym most days I'm in there that's into them.

Yeah, I used to rock them in College but I just can't anymore. There's a dude at the gym most days I'm in there that's into them.
I'll probably blow out a knee or my back doing them sooner or later. Gotta do 'em while I can.

What kind of routine are you on? You've lost some serious poundage havent you?

Swimming is great though man, albeit boring. Works everything and very low impact. Aside from the drowning part

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I despise running, but for some reason swimming doesn't bore me as much.

I despise running, but for some reason swimming doesn't bore me as much.

I dont run. I loathe running. I can swim though, love getting my swim on. Tops to swimming though is cycling. Love getting my big self on my bike and knocking out 50 miles.

I dont run. I loathe running. I can swim though, love getting my swim on. Tops to swimming though is cycling. Love getting my big self on my bike and knocking out 50 miles.

I'm going to get my bike down here next year and take rides like that. It's great exercise and really relaxing. I bet there's some awesome scenery around these parts too.

I would run if a bear were chasing me. Maybe. I doubt it though. I would probably light a cigarette and accept my fate.

Push your friend to the ground then walk quickly away. That should get the job done.

I'll probably blow out a knee or my back doing them sooner or later. Gotta do 'em while I can.

What kind of routine are you on? You've lost some serious poundage havent you?

Yeah, I've lost 21 pounds in 8 weeks. I do circuit training w/ a pyramid plan when it comes to lifting. It's high rep, but with weight increase. We're also doing the paleo thing at home and that has been tremendous. I'm down to 248 and my goal is to get to 225. Anything smaller than that and I'd look like a wuss. I can't have that, LOL.

The pyramid training is something I was turned on to by the dude from New Zealand I use to lift with in College. It's a two week cycle. So for example, last week was a weight increase week so this week will be my second week of it. I'm all about rotating between "circuits" of opposing motions. I always start by rowing 1000 meters to warm up then I go from Seated rows (195lbs) 10 reps > flat bench. My start weight on the bench right now is 175lbs. I will do 12 reps, then go hammer out 10 more reps of seated row, then add 10 more lbs to the bench and hammer out 10 reps > 10 reps seated row > add 10lbs to bench and hammer out 8 reps > 10 reps seated row > add 10lbs to bench and hammer out 6 reps > 10 reps seated row > add 10lbs to bench and hammer out 6 more reps. Rest for 60 seconds then go back to my start weight of 175lbs and burn out. The goal being to get at least 12 reps (I usually get in 15-18).

From there I go straight to incline dumb bells (65lbs per hand) on an exercise ball. 10 reps then I drop them and go straight into crunches, 30 reps. I do 4 sets of each.

From there I go to cable crossovers (80 lbs per hand) 10 reps and rotate to fly's (165 lbs) 10 reps. I do 3 sets of each.

From there I go to lat pull downs (180 lbs) 10 reps and rotate to military press/shoulder press (135lbs) 10 reps. I do 3 sets of each.

From there I go to skull crushers (110 lbs) to curls (using the same bar). I do 3 sets of 10 for each.

From there I go to a 3way circuit consisting of tricept/shoulder/bicept work with kettle balls. It's my least favorite but it hurts the most to be honest.

So after this week, I will increase my starting weight by 10lbs.

Swimming is great though man, albeit boring. Works everything and very low impact. Aside from the drowning part

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

I know dude, I just get bored.

I find swimming to be the Most boring form of exercise on the planet. Cycling is a little better, but I prefer running to both of them.

That being said I would rather play golf or watch football than do any of those, and I usually do one of those instead.

So TC, I have to ask, have you noticed any change in your golf swing? I'm looking at starting some work with weights and some cardio and flexiblity work this winter to find a few yards and just get into better shape overall, but I've heard that some people have issues with their swing as they either lose weight or gain muscle mass. I know Carl Petterson is someone who had this issue..

So TC, I have to ask, have you noticed any change in your golf swing? I'm looking at starting some work with weights and some cardio and flexiblity work this winter to find a few yards and just get into better shape overall, but I've heard that some people have issues with their swing as they either lose weight or gain muscle mass. I know Carl Petterson is someone who had this issue..

I haven't seen anything yet dude. I also know that I'm not really showing any huge results but they say it takes about 12 weeks for the World to see. I am still playing at least once a week though.

I haven't seen anything yet dude. I also know that I'm not really showing any huge results but they say it takes about 12 weeks for the World to see. I am still playing at least once a week though.

Cool. I will be interested to know as you get deeper into it if you notice any changes.

You guys and all your working out makes me feel lazy. I run four days a week and a little calisthenics, but that's it. Guess I better step up my game.

Yeah, I've lost 21 pounds in 8 weeks. I do circuit training w/ a pyramid plan when it comes to lifting. It's high rep, but with weight increase. We're also doing the paleo thing at home and that has been tremendous. I'm down to 248 and my goal is to get to 225. Anything smaller than that and I'd look like a wuss. I can't have that, LOL.

The pyramid training is something I was turned on to by the dude from New Zealand I use to lift with in College. It's a two week cycle. So for example, last week was a weight increase week so this week will be my second week of it. I'm all about rotating between "circuits" of opposing motions. I always start by rowing 1000 meters to warm up then I go from Seated rows (195lbs) 10 reps > flat bench. My start weight on the bench right now is 175lbs. I will do 12 reps, then go hammer out 10 more reps of seated row, then add 10 more lbs to the bench and hammer out 10 reps > 10 reps seated row > add 10lbs to bench and hammer out 8 reps > 10 reps seated row > add 10lbs to bench and hammer out 6 reps > 10 reps seated row > add 10lbs to bench and hammer out 6 more reps. Rest for 60 seconds then go back to my start weight of 175lbs and burn out. The goal being to get at least 12 reps (I usually get in 15-18).

From there I go straight to incline dumb bells (65lbs per hand) on an exercise ball. 10 reps then I drop them and go straight into crunches, 30 reps. I do 4 sets of each.

From there I go to cable crossovers (80 lbs per hand) 10 reps and rotate to fly's (165 lbs) 10 reps. I do 3 sets of each.

From there I go to lat pull downs (180 lbs) 10 reps and rotate to military press/shoulder press (135lbs) 10 reps. I do 3 sets of each.

From there I go to skull crushers (110 lbs) to curls (using the same bar). I do 3 sets of 10 for each.

From there I go to a 3way circuit consisting of tricept/shoulder/bicept work with kettle balls. It's my least favorite but it hurts the most to be honest.

So after this week, I will increase my starting weight by 10lbs.

I know dude, I just get bored.
That's a solid workout dude, I like it. I think I need to read up more on this.
PD, this is a little bit different than what TC is doing, but last year when I did P90X and a good bit of stretching, I noticed a significant change in my game. My swing was a bit more fluid, and I saw some increased distance gains. I think a lot of that was due to the increased flexibility and strength gain, but it was a noticeable difference in my game.

Bunch of muscle bound freaks.

I hate mondays workout though. It's always burndowns to wrap up. Tonight was calf raises, walking home was fun.

My gym days are Tues/thurs/sat

Monday is golf day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back