The Founders Club, Sarasota FL

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
The Founders Club, Sarasota FL

Over the next month or so, I am fortunate enough to be able to play a few of the exclusive courses to the area, one of them being The Founders Club here in Sarasota. I will be on the course this Friday, thanks to a good friend inviting me to be a part of his Company's scramble. This is a course I have never had the opportunity to play, as it is completely private and VERY tough to get to play.

The course is a Robert Trent Jones, JR, 18 hole design. It's an absolutely beauty of a course, offering plenty of trouble between the amounts of sand traps and water hazards that come in to play on just about every hole. It's a true test, as shot placement is something that is required to prevent hitting a big number.

I will be sure to grab some pictures form my round this weekend and update this thread accordingly!

picture-uh=14e2487bab717f524f8e2413a492cf3f-ps=9f30ef75ff5fcfc29cbcf53744b1e532-3627-Founders-Club-Dr-Sarasota-FL-34240.jpg

founders_club.jpg

ar133054396041898.JPG

founders_club_754.jpg

ar133054488803593.JPG

Pretty envious of you that you scored that hookup. Always wanted to play that course.

Dang dude, I would be lying if I said I wasnt really jealous. That course is beautiful. Have fun

I like the look of those green complexes. The bunkering flows well, enjoy it dude.

If you need a fill-in I'm free haha!

Pretty envious of you that you scored that hookup. Always wanted to play that course.
Ive tried to play this course for the 6 years I have been down here, to say that I am excited about this is an understatement.

Next up is the Concessions and the Ritz.
I like the look of those green complexes. The bunkering flows well, enjoy it dude.

If you need a fill-in I'm free haha!
Ive been on the course a few times, but never had the opportunity to play it. I am overly excited for this one.

That looks gorgeous War. Wow. Have a ton of fun there dude!

Enjoy it War. I got to play this course on two occasions and both times it was a treat.

Loks VERY nice, can't wait to hear your review and see some more pics!

Wow that looks like a gorgeous and incredibly challenging course. Have some fun and go low, War!

Enjoy it War. I got to play this course on two occasions and both times it was a treat.
I was curious if you had played it or not, I didn't think there were many courses down this way you hadn't been on, so figured you had played it a time or two.

jealous my man, have a good time and take the SeeMore. Those greens look unreal!

That is one pretty looking course. Have fun, War Eagle.

You lucky guy, looks amazing! Enjoy it and get us some great photos.

Oh man that looks gorgeous. Have a blast dude and enjoy it

Looks like a fantastic course! I'm going to be in Sarasota in November, fantastic place. I'm playing the RC Members Club, can't wait!

That looks like a pretty nice course War. Enjoy it dude

Great! Have fun! We look forward to your posts.

Sorry for the delay in posting some on course photos of The Founders Club, but here are a few I was able to snap during our scramble!

We started on #7...

Hole #7, Par 5
Hole7Par5_zpsc8f00cbb.jpeg

hole7lookingatgreen_zpsf01c50b5.jpeg

hole7green_zpsb6500f4a.jpeg

Hole 8, Par 3

hole8par3_zpsaf0e0c73.jpeg

hole8green_zpsbdd50c42.jpeg

Hole #9

The Drive...
drivingtohole9_zps3221344c.jpeg

The fairway runs down the entire edge of the water, dont go right...

drivingtohole9part2_zps929e2091.jpeg

Looking toward the green of #9...

lookingto9green_zps22a981ea.jpeg

Hole #1, sharp dogleg left, carry the bunkers to be in a good spot for a wedge to the green

hole1teebox_zps6f2f873e.jpeg

The approach on #1, the most elevation I see in my neck of the woods.
hole1fromdogleg_zpsa2a526b3.jpeg

Hole #2, Par 3. Water down the entire left side.
hole2par3_zps211ae555.jpeg

The Drive to #3...
hole3driving_zps9b046949.jpeg

Approach on #4...

hole5approach_zps274cd5ee.jpeg

Such a beauty of a course down here, and looking forward to going back and playing the Back 9. Every bit of this course was well manicured, and in perfect shape. I got caught up in the competition of the scramble towards the end of the round and didnt take as many pictures as I would have liked, apologies for that.

Gorgeous. FL golf is special.

Gorgeous. FL golf is special.
It is such a beautiful course, and a fun experience to go out to this course. A very "historic" feel it had, with a starter that greeted you by walking up to the cart before we went off on the course and described in detail; the course conditions for the day, wind conditions, pin locations, etc.

Yikes, that's a lot of water down the side of #7. It doesn't look tricked out either, I like that.

Yikes, that's a lot of water down the side of #7. It doesn't look tricked out either, I like that.
It was a pretty straight forward course, SW. The greens were sneaky and I swear there wasnt a straight/flat putt on a single one of them. Not overly difficult, but making your shots was required, as there was trouble in play on just about every hole.

I can play a course like that. I hate when the designer hides a little spot of encroaching water off the tee. Or those who bury elephants on the greens, breaks and undulating is fine but hitting a gir and having to hope for par sucks.

Back