THP Fantasy Football - Week 3 Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The season is underway and two weeks are in the books. Teams are close and many believe week 3 is when teams start to take shape. Good luck everybody.

Looks like Amol & I have a good matchup this week. A few of his guys are battling through some injuries so that may come into play.

Man my team is is in quite a situation. I have 0 depth at wr and battling some injuries. Oh well, will just try and make some trades to make it interesting.

Gotta love injuries. They can ruin the best teams.

I am absolutely dying with my team. Week 1 I lose based on a -8 pt performance from my D. This week I sit guys who have huge games and Charles and Johnson continue to dissapoint. I hope to see a better week this week and I have a couple waiver claims in

Going into week 3 with a post in each column. Week two win with a THP outing, double bonus!

glad i got back on track last week and it looks like my team is stronger than i originally thought it might be after week one glad i didn't make any dumb trades in a panic. looks like i should have a good match up this week.

I've got a nice matchup against League #2 commish, should be a good one. I'm hoping my hot players keep up.

League 2 is getting interesting. There are some high scoring teams! I squeezed out a win against Biggs by .5! yeaaaaaaaaaaaaa

GolferGal has the same strategy every year. It makes me fearful of what is yet to come for this league.

So, week 2 has come and gone. I predicted that the Brees vs Cam matchup would be the deciding factor between the matchup of Ary and myself. So after 2 weeks, I am 1-1.

This week presents me with a tough matchup against the one and only GolferGal. Our teams are quite similar, both having scored 100+ as well as in the 70s during the course of the first two weeks of the season. Looking up and down the roster of our teams, it's quite an even matchup. Again, I think it comes down to QB play for both of our teams. Romo facing a defense that just allowed a career day to Eli. Cam going up against the reigning Super Bowl Champs that have a solid pass rush that could cause him to make some mistakes when trying to get the ball down field.

I've got TMex this week and am projected to lose by 34 points. However, I was projected to lose the last two weeks by a lot and I have one win and a close loss. I need a couple of my guys to pick it up big time this week.

5th in points... and 0-2 in league 2. Rough start, but I like my team. Lost the 2 games by a total of 12 points. Hopefully the schedule doesn't kill me any more in the coming weeks. Let's get it on!

Injuries are taking their toll on my squad. I am not sure I have a 2nd RB to field

Bradshaw and Lynch are both on my trading black...interested in a WR

what to do with my team full of WR's lol

Hoping to have Matthews back this week

So I have a trade offer question: Why do some people take trade offers so personal? Declining a trade is a nothing personal but sometimes it seems people are offended for offering a trade they don't like. Why is that?

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

So I have a trade offer question: Why do some people take trade offers so personal? Declining a trade is a nothing personal but sometimes it seems people are offended for offering a trade they don't like. Why is that?

Eh, I guess it depends on the trade and what is being offered. If a person is offering a trade that I know they wouldn't accept, it comes across as cheap and sometimes, like they are insulting your intelligence. If its a fair trade, I try to include notes on why I declined and how we could make it work out with other players. But offering two or three third stringers for a stud RB or a 1st RD QB, will usually get you or the proposal made fun of a little bit. As long as they aren't calling you names or whatever, I think it's just part of the competition of being in a league.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Eh, I guess it depends on the trade and what is being offered. If a person is offering a trade that I know they wouldn't accept, it comes across as cheap and sometimes, like they are insulting your intelligence. If its a fair trade, I try to include notes on why I declined and how we could make it work out with other players. But offering two or three third stringers for a stud RB or a 1st RD QB, will usually get you or the proposal made fun of a little bit. As long as they aren't calling you names or whatever, I think it's just part of the competition of being in a league.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

I agree. In my other league a guy proposed a trade (before the season started, but after the draft) for my 3rd round pick, Nicks. He offered his 6th and 9th round picks to me (a reserve RB and 3rd WR). I was thinking "does this guy think I am stupid?". I am always open to trades, but at least come with something realistic. It is a waste of time when someone comes to you with 2 crappy players trying to get your stud.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

I agree. In my other league a guy proposed a trade (before the season started, but after the draft) for my 3rd round pick, Nicks. He offered his 6th and 9th round picks to me (a reserve RB and 3rd WR). I was thinking "does this guy think I am stupid?". I am always open to trades, but at least come with something realistic. It is a waste of time when someone comes to you with 2 crappy players trying to get your stud.

I can understand all of that, but value is sometimes in the eye of the owner in FF, sometimes people see value or future value where other's don't. Like getting depth of some kind for a stud could make sense depending on what's coming back in return. OK, probably should have just posted in the rant thread, but I didn't want to insult anyone with my trade offers.

I can understand all of that, but value is sometimes in the eye of the owner in FF, sometimes people see value or future value where other's don't. Like getting depth of some kind for a stud could make sense depending on what's coming back in return. OK, probably should have just posted in the rant thread, but I didn't want to insult anyone with my trade offers.
I get what you are saying. And sometimes needs will make owners overpay. But like in my case before the season even starts, all we have is projections to go off of, so there is very little chance of an owner trading high end value for sleepers that you have to hope for an injury to pay off. Things change though... and that 9th rounder after an injury in front of him and a few productive weeks, may net you you high end value. All I am saying is generally speaking, I would rather have quality, not quantity. (2 backups doesn't equal 1 stud starter). Depth is important, but you need studs to carry you.

You werent talking about me were you? I was only messing around last week. I love getting offers. Most offers are just a starting point for a trade. 1st offers are more often then not rejected.

I hope Kenny Britt comes back strong this week. I could use another good WR.

You werent talking about me were you? I was only messing around last week. I love getting offers. Most offers are just a starting point for a trade. 1st offers are more often then not rejected.

No I was talking about you at all, I think the most frustrating is getting a decline with comments and then no counter. I love going back and forth with trades and totally understand when they don't work out. My problem this year has been trying to do trades while mobile and the interface just isn't good!!!

No I was talking about you at all, I think the most frustrating is getting a decline with comments and then no counter. I love going back and forth with trades and totally understand when they don't work out. My problem this year has been trying to do trades while mobile and the interface just isn't good!!!

My whole team is for sale at this point. Make me offers. I need RB's and or a QB.

Back