Ping Anser Driver Review - Forum Testing

I think the sound of the Anser driver is higher than my G20. It sounds almost the same as my I20. But I do have a hearing problem so it might just be me.

Ping tweeted a shout out to THP earlier this morning.

I didn't know Jake took the Ping out at the outing and hit it in action! Nice!

I was able to give the Ping 10.5 with the TFC shaft about 7 hits before things were put away and it's still one of my favorites. I'm still in a wait and see holding pattern and am still pondering. Have enjoyed the write-ups from everyone thus far.

After my first round here is a requested picture for ddec:

20120917_213512.jpg

20120917_213512.jpg

At the DM event I noticed how much dirt and how dirty the anser's looked. I know it was a lot of people hitting the same club over and over, but I think the dark finish really shows the grime. But boy does the dark color look amazing while it's just sitting and at address.

I didn't notice a lot of dirt on my sole plate after my round at TCI, but I wasn't directly looking for it either. I will look for it when I hit the range tmrw.

At the DM event I noticed how much dirt and how dirty the anser's looked. I know it was a lot of people hitting the same club over and over, but I think the dark finish really shows the grime. But boy does the dark color look amazing while it's just sitting and at address.

Ha yeah I didnt even notice how nasty the bottom got till this picture. And honestly I dont remember drop kicking it once all day. But I do agree the matte black at address is just awesome. Thank for the reply Icey.

20120917_213512.jpg

Thanks buddy. I was kind of wonder if you'd get grass or dirt stuck in those little grooves on the sole of the club. Also looking forward to see how the black finish holds on up the bottom as well.

Thanks buddy. I was kind of wonder if you'd get grass or dirt stuck in those little grooves on the sole of the club. Also looking forward to see how the black finish holds on up the bottom as well.

It sure does get stuff in there. Looks like I'll be cleaning it a bit, Im not TC anal about that stuff but it does look nasty.

kmac, is the dirt from practice swings or when you hit the ball??

Mine didn't get that dirty during my rounds. Are you chipping with that thing Kmac? TC would clean that thing like crazy every hit. HAHA

kmac, is the dirt from practice swings or when you hit the ball??

I actually think that was from practice swings. I did have my balls teed up rather low that day which I think was part of the problem I was seeing with ball flight. On the range I was using a higher tee and saw optimal results.

Mine didn't get that dirty during my rounds. Are you chipping with that thing Kmac? TC would clean that thing like crazy every hit. HAHA
Chutting.

we actually talked about it getting dirty and looked at it all round. There was only white marks from the tees.

I actually think that was from practice swings. I did have my balls teed up rather low that day which I think was part of the problem I was seeing with ball flight. On the range I was using a higher tee and saw optimal results.

Chutting.

I think it is Drutting. HAHA. I can't wait to hear about the higher tee results.

Chutting.
chutting makes sense.

Yeah, I wouldnt think that would happen on a normal day of mashing a driver.

K- you still have this set at neutral? any plans to change the setting at all?

we actually talked about it getting dirty and looked at it all round. There was only white marks from the tees.

I guess I need some black tees and I will be good.

K- you still have this set at neutral? any plans to change the setting at all?

Still at neutral for now. I'll give it another round or two I think before changing it depending on what I see.

One thing I like about the face is that ball marks are left after the hit. I love seeing where my ball impacted the face. I have used impact stickers at the range before and this is like that. I can adjust things slightly during a round from where I am hitting on the face.

One thing I like about the face is that ball marks are left after the hit. I love seeing where my ball impacted the face. I have used impact stickers at the range before and this is like that. I can adjust things slightly during a round from where I am hitting on the face.

Yeah I like that too. You can clean the face off before each round or range session and get instant feedback.

I think it is Drutting. HAHA. I can't wait to hear about the higher tee results.

Im very curious to see if teeing the ball higher makes a difference or not. It was the one thing that was different from my range session and the only thing I could pinpoint. And vastly different. I used those Champ tee with the red lines and put the tee into the ground down to the last red line.

That tee height is much higher then I was using Saturday.

hmmm, I think Epoch are the best for that reason Kmac. Find a height that works for you

Back