Tournament Club of Iowa

Gteat write-ups and reviews guys and some awsome pictures! Looks like a great time was had by all!

TBT...I like the pics of the signed golf balls at the end....great idea!

Tim - the 2 pics where you said random hole were the 6th. Long par 4 that a ton of guys went left on and got stuck behind the tree affecting their approach into that well guarded green.

Was playing about 430 Saturday into a nice wind. Simply no where to bail out with water short and bunkers left & right. JRod hits the back left fringe there with a 8 iron from the rough at 170 and kicks hard left and into a swampy hazard. Tough break and tough hole.

Tim - the 2 pics where you said random hole were the 6th. Long par 4 that a ton of guys went left on and got stuck behind the tree affecting their approach into that well guarded green.

Was playing about 430 Saturday into a nice wind. Simply no where to bail out with water short and bunkers left & right. JRod hits the back left fringe there with a 8 iron from the rough at 170 and kicks hard left and into a swampy hazard. Tough break and tough hole.

I think JB had a similar misfortune On Sunday to what Jrod had. That hole is a beast!

I can't stop thinking about how awesome this course was. Reality is gonna suck this Saturday.

I wish I would've had one more day to stick around, the deal on the cart for all you can play Mondays $59. Absolute steal for this course.

That is an awesome deal, now I know I need to schedule Tuesday meetings and come in a day early!!!

I can't stop thinking about how awesome this course was. Reality is gonna suck this Saturday.

My buddy just asked me to play Friday. I want to, but at the same time no course I play here will live up to the awesomeness that is TCI

You posted some great pictures Tim. I could look back on those every day.

Like others have said, it's going to suck playing a normal course around here now.

Remember that was the hole on Sunday I decided to go to the left instead of crossing the water...LOL

15 sure looks easy until the wind blows the ball down into that crap.

Yea the wind was kinda tricky on a few holes. Saturday I pushed my tee shot right and was "safe" except I screwed up the second shot. On Sunday I went up a club and just made it over and rolled almost to the bunker in the back. Duey hit an amazing flop shot from the bottom of that crap on Sunday.

I've only played courses in two states, but I've played some pretty good ones (reputation-wise), and TCI wins without question. Just well manicured. The layout was perfect. A perfect balance of forgiving holes and tough holes. Or more accurately, a perfect balance of allowing shots with forgiveness for misses, and shots which needed to be struck on line.

Great review Hawk!

~Rock

Yeah, the first day I hit what we all thought was a perfect shot headed right for the flag....in fact Nate was hollering get in the hole...and it did...the ravine..LOL...the wind just knocked it right out of the air!!

The wind swirled like crazy all weekend. I thought I was nuts because the wind seemed to be in your face regardless of which hole you were on, but those that I played with seemed to echo my sentiments.

Hawk, great review and super choice for a get together. TCI was a win win all the way around.

I can't say I was crazy about all the right doglegs, they could have thrown in a few the other direction for us faders, but the 3w was your friend on this course. So many great holes, 12 ate my lunch both days while for some weird reason I played lights out both days on that beast #17.

Brads hybrid shot to the green on that short par 4 and again on #18 will stay in my mind forever. I can't imagine what his game will look like in 3 years.

Yea the wind was kinda tricky on a few holes. Saturday I pushed my tee shot right and was "safe" except I screwed up the second shot. On Sunday I went up a club and just made it over and rolled almost to the bunker in the back. Duey hit an amazing flop shot from the bottom of that crap on Sunday.

I forgot about that.....Duey was not only at the bottom of the ravine but a little left so he was in the woods too...hit a high flop shot that landed and stopped about 8 feet from the hole and made the putt for an ALL WORLD PAR!

I hit the green that day and 3 putted for bogey...LOL

The wind swirled like crazy all weekend. I thought I was nuts because the wind seemed to be in your face regardless of which hole you were on, but those that I played with seemed to echo my sentiments.

Dude that wind was crazy on the back nine. Every shot seemed to be in your face. There were some great shots that just died like Tim said.

Dude that wind was crazy on the back nine. Every shot seemed to be in your face. There were some great shots that just died like Tim said.

Yeah, it was nuts...but Sunday I noticed on 15 if you walked up and looked into the ravine you could see the wind blowing down the ravine...but the trees and flag were all blocked out by the hill....so it looked like there was no wind but it was funneling right towards the tee box up that ravine.

J4U hit a great shot on that hole Saturday too that just fell from the sky....into "Doug's Ditch"....lol, all the ravines were called that by the end of the day....if there was one on the hole, Doug found it...:D

I can't get back on this course soon enough. What a fun track!

Yeah, I really love this course...I really think I liked it more than True Blue or Caledonia...but the heat may have played a part in that...hehe...well that and I really love all the elevation changes on this course....just very cool and something I dont get to see in my part of the world.

How far of a drive is it for you to get there Jake?

Back