Ping Anser Driver Review - Forum Testing

I have been using the last line down on the THP Epoch tees. I think I have the 3.25 model. It seems high to me, but really works out. In that video it looks like you made good contact and had the club about a 1/4" off the ground. That was at 23 second mark.

golfdawg had brown ones.

Those natural bamboo ones might do the trick Grant.

I am just kidding. I had some dark red Epoch tees one time and would spend 10 mins looking for them. I love the white THP tees and they are easier to find. I can just get over the white marks on the driver.

I actually think that was from practice swings. I did have my balls teed up rather low that day which I think was part of the problem I was seeing with ball flight. On the range I was using a higher tee and saw optimal results.

Chutting.

mine isnt nearly that dirty....but I havent chutted with it YET either

hmmm, I think Epoch are the best for that reason Kmac. Find a height that works for you

I dont have any with the lines but the Champ are pretty much the same. I just need to try some different heights like you say and find the right one.

I have been using the last line down on the THP Epoch tees. I think I have the 3.25 model. It seems high to me, but really works out. In that video it looks like you made good contact and had the club about a 1/4" off the ground. That was at 23 second mark.

The line more towards the top of the tee or closer to the ground? I think I need it to seem high too and that will probably be about right. That shot was a good one if I remember correctly, right down the middle.

I dont have any with the lines but the Champ are pretty much the same. I just need to try some different heights like you say and find the right one.

The line more towards the top of the tee or closer to the ground? I think I need it to seem high too and that will probably be about right. That shot was a good one if I remember correctly, right down the middle.

Towards the ground. It is sorta scary teeing it that high at first. I didn't want to throw a dummy mark on there the first day. It worked out well from that point out. If you are worried about skying it, get some of those protector things.

Towards the ground. It is sorta scary teeing it that high at first. I didn't want to throw a dummy mark on there the first day. It worked out well from that point out. If you are worried about skying it, get some of those protector things.

I'll work my way up to teeing it high. Not sure I can put one of those things on my driver, lol. I guess I could though since its better then one of those interesting marks.

i also use the epoch tees and i find that using the second line from the top gives the best results for me

One thing I like about the face is that ball marks are left after the hit. I love seeing where my ball impacted the face. I have used impact stickers at the range before and this is like that. I can adjust things slightly during a round from where I am hitting on the face.

+1 to this, Ive made it a point to wipe it off too after each hit so I can see what kind of contact im making

a shame the good contact isnt leading to good shots, might be the Indian for a change lol

Dude, buy the Epochs with the lines. Its a hell of an investment on your game!

I'll work my way up to teeing it high. Not sure I can put one of those things on my driver, lol. I guess I could though since its better then one of those interesting marks.

That is one thing I do worry about. I don't want to say it, but I really don't do dummy marks, but I am worried about others. I think with the flat black head, they would be though to get off. I think the gloss heads are easier to remove.

sorry for the lack of updates in the past few days, one of my Ping Anser Testing camera girls got me sick and ive had to pass on golf the last 2 days.

I will live vicariously through the other testers until I can get back out there

Truth! I'm lost if I ever have to use any other tee.

+1 to the handsome dudes. Can't believe how easy it is to get consistent tee height with these beauties. I can actually set up for a fade or draw using tee height now.

Also, if you're wanting to mess about with higher teeing but don't want a mark...chuck a little electrical tape or similar at the top of the face, over the crown. Test away and you'll find out if you'll be marking the club.

It's called a chunkyscar.

I haven't gotten any dirt or grass at all on my Anser yet. Then again I live by the old adage "air offers less resistance than ground".
Tapping while I work, on my Galaxy S3.

I spent some time on the range with this driver. Ball flight was good and the length looked ok. Because I was on a range, I was not able to figure out how far it went. A couple of things that I did not like is the sole of the club became very dirty because of the grooves. Also, it had a very tinny sound and just did not feel very solid for me. My conclusion is that is not the driver for me.

Got the day off today and tomorrow so I hope to get out and test some tee height options. Hopefully today is range time and tomorrow a round if it dries out.

Got the day off today and tomorrow so I hope to get out and test some tee height options. Hopefully today is range time and tomorrow a round if it dries out.

It is pretty soaked here too. I hope I can get to the range today to do a little testing. Maybe even after work 9 holes on Friday. I hope the tee height works out dude.

yea get the brown colored ones, so easy to find after you hit

It is pretty soaked here too. I hope I can get to the range today to do a little testing. Maybe even after work 9 holes on Friday. I hope the tee height works out dude.
Yeah Im pretty interested in seeing the results. Just need to figure out where I can go and be able to use my own tee's. Im sure most places will be mats only today but my new favorite place to go has mats with no rubber tees so you can use your own. That could be the ticket. Plus a nice putting green to work on putting.

Yeah Im pretty interested in seeing the results. Just need to figure out where I can go and be able to use my own tee's. Im sure most places will be mats only today but my new favorite place to go has mats with no rubber tees so you can use your own. That could be the ticket. Plus a nice putting green to work on putting.

Nice dude. Can you work on Drutting there too? HAHA

Looks like I have a lot of work to do.

epuguru2.jpg

Looks like the practice equipment of a champion right there.

That is a solid combo! Can't wait to hear your updates.

Back