Its Official! We are moving to Colorado!

Congrats on the "official" move. I lived in the Springs for a couple years (the portion the city that was damaged by the big fire). I had a great time while I was there... like Oregon, there will be plenty of outdoor activities. And, of course... longer drives off the tee!

Congrats on the "official" move. I lived in the Springs for a couple years (the portion the city that was damaged by the big fire). I had a great time while I was there... like Oregon, there will be plenty of outdoor activities. And, of course... longer drives off the tee!

That is the part (or pretty close) of Colorado Springs that I am moving to. I figure there is nothing left to burn, right :). I had to move because I was starting to get self conscious about my driving length. Everyone says they hit is 300 yards, so I had to move somewhere that would make that more of a possibility :D

Congrats! I just got back from a work trip to Colorado Springs and it sure is beautiful. I could look at Pike's Peek every day and not get bored of the view.

Best of luck to you and your family. Safe travels

Nice dude. Congrats!

Do the courses close in the winter? You might have to take up bowling or something? :D

Capture-12.jpg

Do the courses close in the winter? You might have to take up bowling or something? :D

Capture-12.jpg

Unless people have been pulling the wool over my eyes, most people have said that they can golf year round there. I hope this is true, because I am terrible at bowling.

Awesome news man. That is one gorgeous state. Good luck and congratulations!

Congrats Doc!

Unless people have been pulling the wool over my eyes, most people have said that they can golf year round there. I hope this is true, because I am terrible at bowling.

It's got to be close to true, Hawk and I were talking about that during the DM outing, even in areas where snow comes you can usually get out at least once per month in the cold months, and depending on course rules you might even be able to get out more often than not.

It's got to be close to true, Hawk and I were talking about that during the DM outing, even in areas where snow comes you can usually get out at least once per month in the cold months, and depending on course rules you might even be able to get out more often than not.

You would know as well as anyone. I think that it is not too dissimilar in Nebraska. I don't mind golfing in cold. I am just going to have to trade in my rain gear for some cold weather gear.

Hooray Doc! I know you're a big bundle of nerves but you'll be pulling teeth and fixing smiles in no time buddy :)

That's a big move. Congrats and best wishes, Doc!

You would know as well as anyone. I think that it is not too dissimilar in Nebraska. I don't mind golfing in cold. I am just going to have to trade in my rain gear for some cold weather gear.

Yeah the cold weather gear is key to help block the wind and keep you nice and warm and toasty!!!

Congrats Doc...the Springs are a beautiful place for sure!

Congrats Doc, thats great for you and your family, that is a beautiful part of the world. When I go to visit my office in Boulder we will have to get together.

Congrats Doc, thats great for you and your family, that is a beautiful part of the world. When I go to visit my office in Boulder we will have to get together.

That deserves a bananadance! :banana:

Good stuff Doc! Best of luck with the move and a new chapter in your life! Not to say you're leaving it all behind, just gaining more friends and experiences no doubt.

Good luck, Doc!

As many of you know, I have been looking for a new office in Colorado for a while and we have finally found that perfect one in Colorado Springs. I just got word today from the banks, so we will be moving in about 4 weeks. I am very excited, but very sad as well. I have loved Oregon and am going to miss so much about this place (especially Bandon and berries, however, my wife has given me the go ahead for future Bandon trips!!! Yay!!!). I have made a ton of friends here and a lot of golfing friends that I am going to miss a lot (especially my regular golfing buddy, Oregon Golfer. If anyone has the opportunity to tee it up with OG, take it because he is an awesome guy!). So lets not say goodbye, lets say Au revoir! or as the Chinese say Joi Gin (See you again!). If any one is reading this who lives in Colorado or visits often, lets get together for a round!

Congrats on the big move! If we were to move, we want to move somewhere with some altitude so my back doesn't hurt so much. Denver would be perfect, although Vegas is high enough to do the trick, and no winter would be an added bonus.

Congrats on the move, hope all goes well.

Good news! Glad you are excited, sorry that we never could meet up on one of my trips to Portland. I have been to Colorado a couple times and it was a nice place to visit, but the cold kinda scares me LOL

Congrats Doc! Always nerve wracking and exciting to make a big move.

Nice move there Doc, congratulations to you and your family. I wish you all the best.

Back