The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you sneak out on Saturday dude?

I go M/W/S thinking about dropping one day in exchange for hiking soon since the bugs are lessening and the water is dropping.

My gym days are Tues/thurs/sat

Monday is golf day
M/W/F here. Ride on Tues/Thurs/Sat. Golf says are Wed/Sunday.

you guys and your six packs
i do twelve ounce curls for my shapely keg

PD, this is a little bit different than what TC is doing, but last year when I did P90X and a good bit of stretching, I noticed a significant change in my game. My swing was a bit more fluid, and I saw some increased distance gains. I think a lot of that was due to the increased flexibility and strength gain, but it was a noticeable difference in my game.

P90X is really good for core strength. Kicks your behind, but the results will be there.

I'm still trying to find a workout routine that suits me. Just kinda going along doing a little of this, a little of that. I don't have the time to devote to P90X at the moment.

P90X is really good for core strength. Kicks your behind, but the results will be there.

I'm still trying to find a workout routine that suits me. Just kinda going along doing a little of this, a little of that. I don't have the time to devote to P90X at the moment.
Nor do I, that's why I switched to the full body workouts. I hit the gym 3X a week, and it covers every muscle group in every workout.

Wow...

KZXwO.png

I'm gassed just from reading this....congrats on the weight loss dude!

Yeah, I've lost 21 pounds in 8 weeks. I do circuit training w/ a pyramid plan when it comes to lifting. It's high rep, but with weight increase. We're also doing the paleo thing at home and that has been tremendous. I'm down to 248 and my goal is to get to 225. Anything smaller than that and I'd look like a wuss. I can't have that, LOL.

The pyramid training is something I was turned on to by the dude from New Zealand I use to lift with in College. It's a two week cycle. So for example, last week was a weight increase week so this week will be my second week of it. I'm all about rotating between "circuits" of opposing motions. I always start by rowing 1000 meters to warm up then I go from Seated rows (195lbs) 10 reps > flat bench. My start weight on the bench right now is 175lbs. I will do 12 reps, then go hammer out 10 more reps of seated row, then add 10 more lbs to the bench and hammer out 10 reps > 10 reps seated row > add 10lbs to bench and hammer out 8 reps > 10 reps seated row > add 10lbs to bench and hammer out 6 reps > 10 reps seated row > add 10lbs to bench and hammer out 6 more reps. Rest for 60 seconds then go back to my start weight of 175lbs and burn out. The goal being to get at least 12 reps (I usually get in 15-18).

From there I go straight to incline dumb bells (65lbs per hand) on an exercise ball. 10 reps then I drop them and go straight into crunches, 30 reps. I do 4 sets of each.

From there I go to cable crossovers (80 lbs per hand) 10 reps and rotate to fly's (165 lbs) 10 reps. I do 3 sets of each.

From there I go to lat pull downs (180 lbs) 10 reps and rotate to military press/shoulder press (135lbs) 10 reps. I do 3 sets of each.

From there I go to skull crushers (110 lbs) to curls (using the same bar). I do 3 sets of 10 for each.

From there I go to a 3way circuit consisting of tricept/shoulder/bicept work with kettle balls. It's my least favorite but it hurts the most to be honest.

So after this week, I will increase my starting weight by 10lbs.

I know dude, I just get bored.

I'm so tempted to try to make the ATL Tour Van stop.

But my parents would kill me.

are you making it on your dime or theirs? If it is your earned money, what could they do to you?

On mine. They couldn't really do anything I guess, though they do have some say in what I do considering they pay for my college, etc, etc. they gave me the OK to go to Charlotte but said they would really like it if I didn't go to Atlanta. Not exactly sure what that means, but I'd guess it's not great.

Yesterday on the course, I heard from an adjacent hole, "Why don't you do me a favor and shut the F*#% up!" My buddies and I just about fell over laughing. Has to be the funniest thing I've ever heard on a golf course. That guy could use some mental coaching, LOL.

Yesterday on the course, I heard from an adjacent hole, "Why don't you do me a favor and shut the F*#% up!" My buddies and I just about fell over laughing. Has to be the funniest thing I've ever heard on a golf course. That guy could use some mental coaching, LOL.

Pro Mental Coach ftw!

Maybe that's his bowl of chocolate ice cream? Bahahaha

On mine. They couldn't really do anything I guess, though they do have some say in what I do considering they pay for my college, etc, etc. they gave me the OK to go to Charlotte but said they would really like it if I didn't go to Atlanta. Not exactly sure what that means, but I'd guess it's not great.

That is a tough one man. Hope you can make it. I guess you have to decide what the wisest choice would be.

posting from my S3 so please excuse my spelling mistakles.

I am in no way suggesting you go against your parents wishes or by any means lie to them, BUT, if you went...how would they know?

I remember a few times in College calling my mom for something, and then ending the conversation with something like..."Oh, by the way, I'm in Mexico."

I am in no way suggesting you go against your parents wishes or by any means lie to them, BUT, if you went...how would they know?

I remember a few times in College calling my mom for something, and then ending the conversation with something like..."Oh, by the way, I'm in Mexico."

Yup. Though mine usually ended with me being in Toronto

I think they stalk me. They knew about me going to Charlotte before I told them. I'm guessing my dad browses the forum to watch me. It's scary.

Haha does he like omega watches?

I think they stalk me. They knew about me going to Charlotte before I told them. I'm guessing my dad browses the forum to watch me. It's scary.
Ouch, sucks dude.

That's parental speak for no.

Of course you could pay for everything in cash and keep it on the dl.

^^ Danny, never post again. You're all 1's.

Time to change names and signatures and hide!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back