Forgiving irons with minimal offset

Renren89

Reaction score
Handicap
So I have a set of irons that I really like and when I'm swinging well they're pretty amazing but the problem comes into play when I'm a little bit off so I'm looking into something that would be a bit more forgiving to play.

I'm looking for something with a fairly thin topline if possible and with very little offset (under 3 mm i'd say)

Just wondering what options are out there for that

So I have a set of irons that I really like and when I'm swinging well they're pretty amazing but the problem comes into play when I'm a little bit off so I'm looking into something that would be a bit more forgiving to play.

I'm looking for something with a fairly thin topline if possible and with very little offset (under 3 mm i'd say)

Just wondering what options are out there for that

How about the R11 irons, they go along the lines of what you say, minimal offset, Forgiving, and they look and feel great at address. Another option would be the TP CB but they were discontinued.

There are quite a few good options out there at the moment. I'd say the Pro Combos in my bag might fit the bill, but Nike seem to have changed the set slightly this year and I don't know if that would suit you. Some sort of combo set might be a good idea.

How about the R11 irons, they go along the lines of what you say, minimal offset, Forgiving, and they look and feel great at address. Another option would be the TP CB but they were discontinued.

The TP CB are not forgiving contrary to popular belief.

The TP CB are not forgiving contrary to popular belief.

Really? Maybe it was just me but when I hit them side by side I was hitting them both really well. . .then again I was hitting them in the center of the face each time since the length and lie were good for me

Oh another suggestion is the Ping i20 irons too

The R11 irons are really good, but the topline may give the OP some pause if he's looking for a very thin topline as he is talking about. Still, the topline on those irons don't look as big at address as they actually are.

I'll put in my vote for the Cleveland 588 CB irons, there was a wide range of players in the Morgan Cup that played those irons and had success with them.

Really? Maybe it was just me but when I hit them side by side I was hitting them both really well. . .then again I was hitting them in the center of the face each time since the length and lie were good for me

Oh another suggestion is the Ping i20 irons too

Yah especially for a cavity back. They are some of the harshest irons I have ever hit.

Yah especially for a cavity back. They are some of the harshest irons I have ever hit.

haha, I felt that way about the TP MC but I guess when I compared those two the CB were "more" forgiving

this is basically how my clubs look at address for me

555mc.jpg

Razr X Tour irons. I'm actually looking at these myself to purchase as a backup set.

Mizuno JPX line is another possible winner.

Both have just an ever so slight offset.

You play Wishon

Go 560 MC

Make sure you look at Bridgestone J40 DPC.

this is basically how my clubs look at address for me

555mc.jpg

Not sure what you consider forgiving but finding an iron with a top line that thin and "forgiving" is going to be a tall task. Let me know what you end up with.

Mizuno JPX 825 Pros. Maybe even the MP53's, though not overly forgiving, still over a fair amount. AP2's are a decent choice as well.

The Cobra AMP forged that I play sound like something you should consider. Nice blend of forgiveness and little offset.

Look into the razr x forged. Great iron with good forgiveness and good looks.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

I play the W/S ci11 and find they fit this bill pretty nicely.

Ping i20s. Forgiving and nothing about the look at address is distracting. Some offset noticeable in the 3 and 4 iron.

Wilson Staff Ci11s
Ping i20s
Bridgestone J40 DPCs
Callaway Razr X Tour
Mizuno JPX 800 Pros
Nike VR_S Forged

Wishon 560MC's. Heck even the 870ti's have low offset and thin topline.

They have done a great job with the Cleveland 588 CB's.. I am however, partial to the Bridgestone line.

A couple that come to mind
Bridgestone. If you can find them up here
Wilson tour V2
Wishon 560

Ren check out Colt's 588's in the marketplace might be exactly what your looking for.

Ren check out Colt's 588's in the marketplace might be exactly what your looking for.

Maybe, but I don't see those as anymore forgiving than the 550 cavity's he's playing now.

Back