Washington Nationals Do it Again

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
So we remember the misspelling of their own name on their uniforms when the O was hidden. Now they have Teddy Roosevelt Bobble Head Day over the weekend and spell his name wrong. Spelled it Rossevelt.

How can THIS HAPPEN!!!!!

Maybe I should apply for the proofreading job there?

(Except I really want to head west, not east!)

Last year, The Kid's baseball team's uniforms listed the sponsor as "Bagle Chateau."

Haha, they neve let Teddy win the race. I think the fans always roo for him.

moran.jpg

In DC baseball, misspelling Nationals or Roosevelt is the least of our problems.

If Bowden is still part of the office crew up there it doesn't surprise me. You would think someone somewhere would have noticed this stuff either in proof or at the printers. More than just the club is to blame.

There's mistakes in print everywhere you look. Drives me up the proverbial wall.

Yes. .

As opposed to the literal wall?

And you felt the need to be specific so that no one would mistakenly think you were literally driving up a wall?
:eyepoke:

Spoiler
Which raises one of my biggest grammatical pet peeves: the use of "literally" in a sentence that could not be less literal. (e.g., "When I heard Wham! was breaking up, it literally killed me.")

You too Harry. Who would have thought that them breaking up was not bigger news. hehe

And you felt the need to be specific so that no one would mistakenly think you were literally driving up a wall?
:eyepoke:

Spoiler
Which raises one of my biggest grammatical pet peeves: the use of "literally" in a sentence that could not be less literal. (e.g., "When I heard Wham! was breaking up, it literally killed me.")

Is your money still literally flying out under your door?

You too Harry. Who would have thought that them breaking up was not bigger news. hehe

Even bigger than the Milli Vanilli scandal.

Is your money still literally flying out under your door?

That wasn't me. That was a commercial for the Twin Draft Stopper. If you recall, my grammatical error was a typo resulting in "hurdle" instead of "hurtle."

That wasn't me. That was a commercial for the Twin Draft Stopper. If you recall, my grammatical error was a typo resulting in "hurdle" instead of "hurtle."

I know you didn't say it, Silly. I just remembered you ranting about it.

Spoiler
Aren't you flattered that I hang on your every word?

Maybe this stuff should be in the grammar thread.

Maybe we should start a spelling thread.

Back