yes it's possible to make but like I said the purest of purest acetone is 99.8% that's the purest one can get, HPLC grade acetone is what we used for analysis-it cost about $400 for a bottle and you can't get purer than that. . .believe me it's what I do for a living. . .anyways, a mass spec is better for looking at what chemicals are present, and to see signals of certain groups and individual cleavage patterns. IR is to determine the type of bonds and to see functional groups so both are important when Identifying a chemical.

Anyways, there is always error in chemical synthesizing since the precursors determine the purity and out come of the product, but for our purposes, nail polish remover is suffice.

I did As level (a qualification in secondary school in UK) on chemistry
Hydrocarbons and halogenoalkanes/enes was my favourite bit, sadly physics was calling me and decided to drop chemistry(i am now doing physics,maths and biology) I do regret it but I needed to focus on physics, also biology was a lot easier to do.

Right I'll edit this post with some pics but for the time being

What would suit better for yellow and black grips (pw-7 are yellow multi compounds and 6-3 are gp tour velvet, which might be regripped with either yellow or blue)

The colours I have are black,red or green (prefer not to use the black as its a sharpie whereas the other two are testers

Or if you think a better colour would suit then fire away with your opinions

Edit: pictures :)

Now the green was very hard to capture on my phone as its a nice dark green

So this
by5age9u.jpg

Or this
se9upy9a.jpg

nytany3e.jpg

Me trying to get the true colour

The grips that the colour should go with
y3uza5at.jpg

I thought of every other seeing as I'm welsh the two colours go well with me (the green and red)

So......what do you think?

Last edited:
Depends on what you like. For example, I'm an alum and have grown up a die hard University of Tennessee fan; therefore my clubs are painted orange and white, with orange grips. I like the way the green on the clubs looks with the yellow grips, maybe even add more green to the back of the club like filling the X or something. I would personally stay away from a red and yellow combo, too much like McDonalds or a hot dog stand. Purple and yellow go well together, as do blue and yellow. I've seen several on here and other places where people paint them the color of their school or who they root for(i.e. my clubs), and I've seen others do it for the time of year/holiday(red and green for xmas; red, white, and blue for 4th of July/Memorial Day).

The best part of it is though, if you don't like it, rub some acetone on it and start over.

Last edited:
Scotty's all done! Done with a white extra fine tip Sharpie oil base paint pen, and an orange fine tip Sharpie oil base pen. First time I've used the Sharpie's, and definitely prefer the regular Fine tip vs. the Extra Fine. The Extra Fine was great for the tiny details, but it can be a pain to get the paint to come out on just the fine tip and not a big blob. Yes that's the same orange on the front and back, just different light I guess. Still have a little bit of scraping with the safety pin to do on the white side of the bottom, but that'll have to wait until tomm when it's alot more dry.

bottom scotty_zps94f24e34.jpg

frontscotty_zps28f5fee8.jpg

scott.jpg

and my weapons of choice:
paint_zps0f7979e9.jpg

Great Job Bradley, it looks great

Just finished filling my irons and wedges yesterday. turned out great! Will have pics later today.

Pics added!

7yreju6e.jpg

radu7y4y.jpg

5equ9unu.jpg

looks good what did you use

Testors paint, acetone, and to remove the paint I used Tal-Strip

Nice job on the wedges

Thanks. The tal-strip literally takes the paint off in about a minute and doesnt hurt the finish either.

I love the way my paintfill turned out. I've played 2 rounds and its holding up nicely. Glad that I went blue.

I love the way my paintfill turned out. I've played 2 rounds and its holding up nicely. Glad that I went blue.

that's one thing that I like about the elmers paint pens, they are durable after the fact, the only club I've had to touch up is the sand wedge because of the sand but besides that it's been holding up.

I repainted some of the fill in my Bettinardi. It is a black putter with a kind of rainbow effect. After stripping off the old paint, I put a base coat of silver and let that dry. Once it dried, I put a coat of translucent green so it will glow in the sunlight. I hope to have pictures later today.

I am going to paintfill this winter. I want to do something to my clubs after seeing all of yours!

Base coat of silver and top coat of clear red.

20120929_184553.jpg

posting from my S3 so please excuse my spelling mistakles.

Looks sharp Setho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is the front. First time trying this technique and I dont know if I am happy with it.

20120930_181709.jpg

posting from my S3 so please excuse my spelling mistakles.

I think that looks damn good! Perhaps the Lime green would pop on that finish?

Back