Rest in Peace Bonne.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. But I think I'll be trying something other than "American."

Kevin

lol what's great, it's your choice to make. Good luck with your shopping. If you need advice on price. Just hit me up I can at least keep them honest for you. I can check car fax and service records/bulletins for you too.

lol what's great, it's your choice to make. Good luck with your shopping. If you need advice on price. Just hit me up I can at least keep them honest for you. I can check car fax and service records/bulletins for you too.

I appreciate it. My last two cars were GM, time for a change.

Kevin

Yah Subaru's look awesome.....

Spoiler
If you're 80 or a soccer mom
I'm neither and I am quite happy with my Outback. It IS the 2010 model, which is the year they changed the body style. It is not as "wagony" as previous models.

Sorry for your loss! Good luck finding your next vehicle. I just went through the process not too long ago. I always hate going through it, but it's a good feeling when it's done.

You can't go wrong with either Toyota or Honda. Good, solid, reliable cars.

Aw man. Always sad to see a well loved car go to the great junkyard in the sky. I've got a current vehicle that's trying its best to do the same, yet it's less than 4 years old. Modern build quality.

Well, I had an overheating problem yesterday with 2003 Bonneville SSEI. Fanciest vehicle I've ever owned. Powerful, leather seats, a myriad of gizmos. I'm a not a car guy, have never really worried too much about what I drive as long as there was room for my rotundity, but I've enjoyed this car a lot. I put about $1,500 into this car about six months ago, and when they checked it today they found all sorts of leaks, suspension problems, the AC is shot, and it will soon need tires. Over $3K worth of needed work. She's well past middle age from what I understand for this model vehicle with 160,000+ miles on her. Supposedly this model was known for having problems, though mine treated me well.

So it's time to put her down. I'll be donating it to The Ranch. That way someone can learn something working on her, and because I like Bart Starr, and he and his wife Cherry are big The Ranch supporters.

So I'm in the market for a used car. While I like fairly roomy sedans, I'm thinking about just buying a used reliable brand. Honda and Toyota were highly recommended by my mechanic. Would like to spend maybe $15K for a sedan or small SUV with at least reasonable mileage, though I don't know what's considered reasonable for which brand at that price point. My wife has been reading good things about Suuuubbbbaaaarrrruuuuuus.

I'm open to suggestions.

Kevin

Esox - I had a Pontiac Grand am that I really liked, and I always was planning on getting a Bonneville - then they pulled the plug lol. Instead, I bought a Dodge Charger. Roomy, more than powerful enough even with the 3.5 litre engine, and it's a head turner. They are very reasonably priced, and I have had no issues with mine, and it's a 2008 with 146,000 miles! The big thing I like over the GM cars I have had in the past is the interior. Classy looking, and very comfortable. Mileage could be better, but then again, I don't baby mine.. I like "spirited" driving, and I know that cuts down the 'ol gas mileage!

The LaCrosse and Sonata are both nice as well.

Just got pre-approved over the phone by a local credit union at 2.90% in five minutes. They ran credit reports on me and my wife in under one minute. Wow, we have really good credit.

Tomorrow the search begins.

Kevin

Just got pre-approved over the phone by a local credit union at 2.90% in five minutes. They ran credit reports on me and my wife in under one minute. Wow, we have really good credit.

Kevin

Sorry for your loss Kevin.
That's great news knowing that your pre approved when your out shopping for the next ride. Good Luck.

Find a nice used early 80's fleetwood. I could see you rolling in one of those.

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. But I think I'll be trying something other than "American."

Kevin

Kevin, you strike me as someone who would buy "as close to American as possible". Any certain reason you are going with an import? Not trying to be a smart*ss, just genuinely curious.

Kevin, you strike me as someone who would buy "as close to American as possible". Any certain reason you are going with an import? Not trying to be a smart*ss, just genuinely curious.

Aren't they all made here anyway? I'm going Toyota or Honda. Everyone says you can drive them for 20 years. I'm being all practical. I need to buy my daughter a car come Spring, and two cars within a year kind of turns my stomach.

Kevin

Aren't they all made here anyway? I'm going Toyota or Honda. Everyone says you can drive them for 20 years. I'm being all practical. I need to buy my daughter a car come Spring, and two cars within a year kind of turns my stomach.

Kevin

you could always have your daughter earn enough money, or close to enough money to pay for the car.. and you just chip in a little bit.

you could always have your daughter earn enough money, or close to enough money to pay for the car.. and you just chip in a little bit.

She works on her golf game in an effort to pay for some if not most of her college education. I'll buy her a car.

Kevin

RIP Bonnie. Another great actress leaving us.

Nothing beats great credit! It was nice to get all our utilities turned on with no down payment and to get the lowest interest available for the top tier credit rating. Bill still won't buy a new truck although I keep telling him it's time. He just hates having a car payment. We haven't had one in quite a while but we know it's only a matter of time.

Kevin

Bought a black 2010 Camry LE with 22,600 miles. I think I did okay. Worked on the price on three similar cars through three dealerships. Functionality over luxury.

Kevin

Bump for smalls.

Bought a black 2010 Camry LE with 22,600 miles. I think I did okay. Worked on the price on three similar cars through three dealerships. Functionality over luxury.

Kevin

Smart move. you'll thank yourself later.

RIP Bonnie. Another great actress leaving us.

I am not sure OG got the real meaning behind this thread! LOL

Kevin

Great purchase Esox and congrats.. 22K is barely breaking in that car.

You should be happy with it i have the 2009 LE 80,000 still the orig. brakes wow??? Had a DODGE RAM 1500 4X4 before the camary loved the room but not the mpg. put on 70 miles a day the camry took some time to get use to the size but its all good..

I'm checking out BMWs on Carmax as I type this. I heard they're very reliable and if they do need work it's very affordable.

Kevin

Esox,

I have a BMW for sale. Not an suv, but a full size 4 door. 2006 3 series 6 speed manual. 82k miles. PM me if you want some more info on it.

Dan

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung galaxy s3

Esox,

I have a BMW for sale. Not an suv, but a full size 4 door. 2006 3 series 6 speed manual. 82k miles. PM me if you want some more info on it.

Dan

Sent via Tapatalk on my Samsung galaxy s3

Thanks for the offer, but you skimmed a bit. I bought a car today.

Kevin

Back