Official MLB Baseball Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it is.
I'm looking forward to Romero's return to the Phils' bullpen. The fact that he got suspended in the first place is just utter crap, but what can you do?

Whats going on with his lawsuit against GNC?

Whats going on with his lawsuit against GNC?
From my understanding, it has to do with the fact that he's out like $1.25mil because of the suspension, and GNC told him that whatever he used did not contain any banned substances, which was obviously false.

From my understanding, it has to do with the fact that he's out like $1.25mil because of the suspension, and GNC told him that whatever he used did not contain any banned substances, which was obviously false.
That whole situation was handled poorly by MLB. There is no way he should of been suspended. On a positive note, you have a fresh arm for the summer.

Yes it is.
I'm looking forward to Romero's return to the Phils' bullpen. The fact that he got suspended in the first place is just utter crap, but what can you do?

I hate to break it to you, but the Phillies are going down this weekend.
Probables
Thursday: Kershaw/Hamels
Friday: Moyer/Milton
Saturday: Blanton/ Kuroda
Sunday: ?/ Wolf

Should be a pretty good series, im going to try and head to the stadium for one of them.

I dont know why the league even stepped in. Its better to have the players police themselves.

In some ways I agree, but after the Padilla thing, it was getting out of hand. With all the armor players are wearing to the plate nowadays, their is not even an inside pitch anymore it seems.

In some ways I agree, but after the Padilla thing, it was getting out of hand. With all the armor players are wearing to the plate nowadays, their is not even an inside pitch anymore it seems.

I think the person who went inside the best during this new age of baseball was Pedro. Padilla probably takes it too far, I know most of his team mates hate him because they get plunked in retaliation. Gammons was saying last night that he doesnt think Padilla will be with the team for his next start. Well see.

The problem now is the umps issue warnings for coming inside. The ump the other night handled it well, but it should of been over with afterwards. MLB wont bring back the inside pitch because it will bring down the offense, which will lead to less ratings IMO.

Agreed and the players go crazy for pitching inside as well. It was part of the game years ago.

Agreed and the players go crazy for pitching inside as well. It was part of the game years ago.

Don Drysdale hit 154 batters in his career. Big D was the man.

It was after the warning, was what they are saying. It was also at the guys head.

It was after the warning, was what they are saying. It was also at the guys head.

There was no warning after Padilla's pitch(es)...the umpire let Burnett retaliate before issuing a warning. After the warning, nothing happened.

And I don't give a s*** if it's at his head -- tell your pitcher not to hit every single batter that he wants to walk, just because he doesn't want a walk on his stats. Padilla blows, and I f'n hate him. Fined is one thing, SUSPENDED is another. This is flat out ridiculous.

I disagree. And Padilla got a worse fate, he got CUT.

I disagree. And Padilla got a worse fate, he got CUT.

That was rumor (IIRC), in the article it said it was a rumor, and that he'll start vs Boston this weekend.

And it was pretty obvious that it was not intended to HIT his head, just kind of tell Padilla not to throw at Tex anymore. The pitch missed his head by like 5 feet and Burnett has good control.

Throwing at heads suffers consequences. Especially when your own players consider it "payback".

Throwing at heads suffers consequences. Especially when your own players consider it "payback".

Oh well. I'm sure the team appreciates what he did, and we technically have 6 starters on the roster right now.

Burnett already said he is appealing it, so it will probably get knocked down to 4 games.
As far as Padilla goes, I dont think he has been released yet, but I think its coming.

Burnett already said he is appealing it, so it will probably get knocked down to 4 games.

Good. He doesn't deserve to get suspended for 6 games for throwing ONE pitch high and tight.

Judging by the past, had it been the other way around, I am not sure you would be so upset...hehe

Judging by the past, had it been the other way around, I am not sure you would be so upset...hehe

No, I'd be fine if a pitcher threw at a Yankees player's head (historically A-Rod, and not HIT in the head, just BEHIND his head) if the Yanks pitcher intentionally hit the hottest hitter on the opposing team TWICE.

Hitting someone in the butt and throwing at their head are two entirely different things. Careers end getting hit in the end.

Hitting someone in the butt and throwing at their head are two entirely different things. Careers end getting hit in the end.

Huh? .

Someone getting hit in the head can have their career ended. It has happened NUMEROUS TIMES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back