Rokform Golf Shooter - THP Review

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a pretty cool product that I suspect some of you may find interest in. It's a mount that enables you to use your digital video camera or iPhone to record your swing. It looks like a golf shaft and allows users to either screw their camera to the grip or use the included case to mount their iPhone 4/4S and plant it into the ground. There are also cases available for other devices available separately.

I hadn't heard of the company, but a little research shows that they produce high-strength cases and accessories for mobile devices. Info on the product and links to other accessories can be found at http://www.rokform.com/cart/Rokbed-v3-Golfshooter.html

DSCN1340-L.jpg

DSCN1342-L.jpg

DSCN1343-L.jpg

DSCN1345-L.jpg

DSCN1346-L.jpg

I like everything but the price! I will say this is something I have been looking for though. Be great for some range sessions and some on course swings.

That's pretty interesting...I think we had some guys around here that made homemade ones that are very similar

The idea is pretty cool but like Dean, the price is pretty steep. Thanks for reviewing it Hawk. I like seeing unique products like this.

One-T made one of these for his camera earlier this year. It's a great idea.

I like everything but the price! I will say this is something I have been looking for though. Be great for some range sessions and some on course swings.

Wow, I didn't notice the price....just wow

Cool concept, well designed, but as others have said - I think they missed the mark on the price.

This looks like a great product, I can't wait to see the pictures you take of your swing with this

Agreed. Great idea, but it just does not make much sense at that price point. You can probably take an alignment stick and attach some threads to it. Can't be too hard to make a homemade one.

I would love to have one, but not for $130

Like others have said, I really thought this was a cool idea, until I saw how much it costs. I couldn't justify that kind of money for this thing

Not disagreeing on the price being high, but I think it comes from a couple places. It's a lot heavier, and I assume a little more durable than a golf shaft. Also, the iPhone cases alone run about $40 and can be used as a standalone case if needed.

Not disagreeing on the price being high, but I think it comes from a couple places. It's a lot heavier, and I assume a little more durable than a golf shaft. Also, the iPhone cases alone run about $40 and can be used as a standalone case if needed.

yup I checked out the cases. I like the sounds of them. I'm always afraid of breaking my phone when trying to balance it on the bag or something else when trying to shoot video. I noticed they have an S3 case too for those who have that phone.

Agreed. $130 is just too much methinks. I could see making the One-T version and grabbing the phone mount maybe. Still seems pricey ($50 for the iPhone 5).

It's an interesting Idea though, but I would save money if my girl friend just took pictures haha, but I like the idea of being able to practice by myself or even record my game play by myself, just don't know if I could justify the price at the moment

I think I'll give it a try today and maybe you all can see how interesting golf is played.

One-T made one of these for his camera earlier this year. It's a great idea.

And in honor of the skim one himself, I didn't skim this post before I posted that OneT has something similar that he did himself.

I like the idea of this product a lot though, especially for those who don't have a flip and use their phone to record swings.

I think I'll give it a try today and maybe you all can see how interesting golf is played.

I look forward to the youtube videos hehe

Hawk how securely does your camera feel on it when screwed all the way in?

It's not going anywhere unless it gets twisted off from what I can tell. I'll keep an eye on that though. Another thing to note is that the company says this is for small devices like phones or Flip cams. A heavier camera could potentially fall over and that would be a good way to ruin it.

Too expensive for my taste, a Flip and an inexpensive tripod can be had for much less. Great idea, just way too much right now.

Agreed, it looks like a nice product, and quite durable, but it just seems a little pricy for me!

That looks really cool, and definitely something I could use. It's too expensive for me though.

I'd love to see the 9th hole at pinnacle that we were talking about last night, that would be very interesting. You should take it to the Morgan Cup if you play this year, that would be an awesome way to see the practice rounds

Great find, have been looking for something like this. For that price I will keep looking or make one if my own.

LtEvO TaPpEd

While I'm waiting for a father to teaches daughter how to play slow, I thought I just drop in to say this thing works pretty darn well. I will video the ninth hole.

Posted via tapatalk.

I'll be honest, $129 for something I can make myself is not quite my cup of tee, but it does look nicer than what I could make. I won't be buying, but it seems like a good product for someone who is serious about recording from a nice looking platform, and it likely can be used for other applications as well

Dan

Back