New TaylorMade Irons Spotted

Imagine the group of lucky THP Joes and Janes that (might) get to test them. Seems the THP staff has a really good relationship with those TM folks.....

Yes they do, as a recent taylormade tester I can't say anything but great things about the company, I hope that THP gets I be a part of testing these out when they are released

Tapping away without siri

That looks like a pretty big sole to be in a touring pros bag....interesting for sure.

Either way they look promising haha, I like the on between GI and players club look

That one club looks aweome. Oh wait, thats the ATV

Look very AP2'esque to me

My thought's exactly^^^ and it's not a bad thought either.

ok ok...i couldn't hold back...word on the street is these will be a cross between the TM MC and the RBZ proto irons that Camilo Villegas gamed this season. These supposedly will be cast and NOT forged. TM thought they could do more from a design stand point with Cast rather than forged. Not a problem if you can get that cast feel like PING did so wonderfully well with the I20's. They are going after the Forged feel with the distance of the RBZ

I'm sure the marketing dept will go into overdrive on this idea.

Interesting indeed. Lots of slots and angles. Looks nice.

I Agree with P4B and War. Looks like a mix of irons with a speed slot of sorts.

Maybe that "speed slot" looking thing is filled with elastomer or something. I hope, because that could be really annoying if stuff gets caught in there.

I like the look so far, looking forward to what else they have in store.

I thought the zebra stripes were sick hahhaha

I love how they took their cue from car companies who put funky paint patterns on their cars to disguise the lines and such.

The metal patterns on these clubs remind me of the milling patterns on the paintball guns that I used to use. I still hate glued badges however.

Not bad at all. Remind me a little of the TP CB's, but different of course.

People don't read Wake. :D

R.I.F - except with us!

( for those too young to remember R.I.F stands for Reading is Fundamental! Was a pubic service reading campaign if I remember correctly)

I've gone back three times to look at these because I think they're gross but everyone seems to like them. I guess it's just me.

Im with you, don't like the looks @ all. Looks like a cross between super launch & a ol callaway
Ps. It ain't the zebra stripes.. just bulky looking

Sent from my DROID X2

Yes they do, as a recent taylormade tester I can't say anything but great things about the company, I hope that THP gets I be a part of testing these out when they are released

I'm a huge taylormade fan and couldn't agree more

Looks pretty nice. If they can accomplish forged feel with a cast club that would be quite something. Not sure I like the slot on the bottom.

It will be very interesting to see how these feel -- I think they actually look pretty nice and hope TM keeps that cavity nice and clean! Maybe slapping in the old TP badge. If the top fits my eye and they can give me an extra club or two I will be certainly giving them a shot. I am hoping for a just little larger AP2 look.

I had a feeling when they took over Adams it was for this tech. Really hoping they are forged cause they would replace my TP MB's sometime in the next year or so. If they aren't forged I don't see them fitting with what TM has done lately. I think they need an alternative to the R11 and Rocketball series as they are cast. Please keep the buttery feel of those MB's Taylormade!!!

I dont think the sole is as wide as some think. If you look at the top photo of them in the bag, you can see a couple of profile shots and they certainly look player narrow to me. The slot in the bottom is interesting and I'm not sure what I think of it, but I'm sure it moves the cg around a little.

I had a feeling when they took over Adams it was for this tech. Really hoping they are forged cause they would replace my TP MB's sometime in the next year or so. If they aren't forged I don't see them fitting with what TM has done lately. I think they need an alternative to the R11 and Rocketball series as they are cast. Please keep the buttery feel of those MB's Taylormade!!!

I do not believe that these will be forged. If that is indeed a speed slot, that could be very tricky to do? I feel that what they will be is a nice mix of R11 power and playability. With a touch of MC look(head size and shape). I am excited to see the marketing campaign for these. I think they will sell a boat load or two of these. I also like the timing of this leak to the public. So many OEM have divuldged there plans, not TMAG comes in with 'something' to possibly lessen steam. I really hope for solid shaft offerings with minimal upcharges. I am also really interested in sound with that speed slot...

I just hope the cavity isn't full of red or green.

Sole looks really wide for a tour player

Sole looks really wide for a tour player

What? So AP2's, CMB's, I20's, R9 TP's, JPX825's, etc. etc. are all too wide for tour players?

Back