What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played 9 today. Shot a 40 from the tips with a 7 on a par 4. Doh! Oh well, putter was on today though, 12 putts. Too bad I couldn't hit a GIR. Only 3 of them. Hit 3/7 fairways. Then hit the range for about a hour or so trying to get my irons working again. Then putted for about 30 min. Good day for some practice.

Seriously. Tappin'.

I shot a nice 38 in 9 holes the other night.
The SCOR wedges helped carry me.

78 with 26 putts. also got the chance to blow 30 yards past the Aloha high golf coach (i go to beaverton, got to play with him for 4 holes) on my drive on the 18th hole..

Shot a 91 today but I loved it.

78 with 26 putts. also got the chance to blow 30 yards past the Aloha high golf coach (i go to beaverton, got to play with him for 4 holes) on my drive on the 18th hole..

26 is crazy low man, well done.

10 one putts? Wow.

Shot a 91 today. A 47/44 with a lot of birdie looks, and many pars...but too many blow up holes. It was at Hyde Mountain which is a BEAUTIFUL course and a huge challenge. Very easy to lose balls and all kinds of elevation changes. On hole 4 you actually tee off of a 250' cliff.

Yesterday 81 with a 17th hole blowup double where I simply found myself unable to hit a golf ball. 5 to the green and I saw the fairway ONCE.
Today an 85 that felt like 125. 2 triples, 2 doubles. When it goes bad, it goes all de way bad.

A solid 52 (played 9 holes), made 2 pars. Course was soaking wet, due to the heavy rain of yesterday morning. Played all the 9 holes with the same ball :)
Hit a quite few good tee shots with the 3W, short game was pretty good. The distance with my i6 was inconsistent, normally I hit is around 140mtrs (155yrd??), but when I teed off from a 150 mtrs (165yrds) (pin was at around 145 mtrs) par 3, the ball did not go further than 125 mtrs (137 yrds). At an other par3 hole, pin at 133 mtrs, the ball landed 5 mtrs further at 138 mtrs. Have to work on that. My i3 was working very well, hit some nice approaches with it.

Shot a +8 on a shorter par 68 course. Back nine went much better with a lot of fairways and greens. I have been hitting more greens as of late, just in time for the chilly weather and soon, winter to halt any progress until next year :) This year has been going very well, though.

Still very much a beginner. Shot a 149. Yes you read that correctly. Probably 80% of those strokes were penalty strokes as my drives were no where consistent. They would shoot straight right almost every time and I couldn't bring it back center.

I think I am in my head way too much. Its either telling myself to be too loose or too tight and not to screw up. I couldn't seem to find that comfortable swing that I have had for a while now.

That's okay Ragin. We all started somewhere. Keep it up and I look forward to following your progress.

Still very much a beginner. Shot a 149. Yes you read that correctly. Probably 80% of those strokes were penalty strokes as my drives were no where consistent. They would shoot straight right almost every time and I couldn't bring it back center.

I think I am in my head way too much. Its either telling myself to be too loose or too tight and not to screw up. I couldn't seem to find that comfortable swing that I have had for a while now.

keep at it man, don't be discouraged you'll find your game soon enough, I always shot 100+++ and when I started working with a pro and looking at my swing I started scoring low 90 and high 80s. Keep on going man it will get better!

43/42 85 on a course I've never played before with alot of water... not bad.

Went out earlier today and spent about a hour on the range hitting balls with my irons working on ball striking....then hit the course for a quick round

42/44=86

8/13 Fairways
12 greens (new personal best...guess the iron work helped)
37 putts....they were so slow today I just could never get the speed down.
2 Penalty strokes both for OB tee shots(both pull hooks)

Not to worry ragin! We all began and struggled at some point. Just keep your head in it, stay patient, and it'll come!

We all started somewhere....spend some time on the range and maybe look at some beginners lessons, it will make the game more enjoyable.

5/13 FIR
9/18 GIR
29 Putts
2 Penalty Strokes
No thrown putters.

A bad 85. 43-42. 7 FWs, 4 GIRs, 31 putts. I melted down at the end finishing with a 3 putt bogey and 2 doubles. I hit the ball horribly. My short game was good on the back until my mini-meltdown.

44/42 for 86 today
7/13 Fairways
4/18 GIR's
33 Putts
I played a lot better on the back than I did on the front and I had three double bogeys and one three putt. It's getting better just need more GIR's.

50/52 102 at Riverwinds Golf and Tennis Club.

I was at a 94 heading into the 18th hole and thought I was finally going to break 100 but after my longest drive of the day right down the middle of the fairway I hit my approach shot into some trees to the left of the green, punched out to about 10 feet from the green and then somehow it took me 3 chips to get it onto the green then I 2 putted.

I rode with one of my friends who is an 8 handicap for the first time and I really started to understand what course management is all about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back