Gauge Design and Whitlam Golf Putters - THP Preview

For all the lefties out there, I asked Whitlam Golf for lefty putters, and here's the answer:

"Will have some anser style Gauge G2 Mill coming in about a month."

So go for it, I'll have to wait for x.mas.

I have an 8802 in my basement, but I've always been scared to take it on the course, Jman. It seems to work on the indoor mat, but something makes me feel like I'd have a not-good day with it when it counted.

I've looked quite a bit at the offerings on the Whitlam website. It's all great looking, but there just isn't a style in the bunch that speaks to me. I'd love to see what they could do to a high-toe flow neck blade. I'm a sucker for that style.

I hear ya, the 8802 is a bit of a phantom for me as a style as well. I can rock one on the putting green with no pressure and roll it really well, on course though its always been hot or cold for me so we shall see. I'm honestly just looking forward to getting a feel for it performance wise in a different setting.

I agree on alot of the designs, I'm not a big plumber's neck guy or full industrial mallets, the Little Dog though, that one really fits my eye.

Here's a little sneak peak of my G2 Little Dog build.
From the beginning.
su5y6ugu.jpg

mypa4egy.jpg

After a little custom stamping and some paint-fill.
e4ypesu6.jpg

I would have to say it been a blast working with Eric @WhitlamGolfUSA
These guys are absolutely top notch with their customer service. Really friendly and just enjoy what they do as we'll as just talking golf.

More pics to come!

Good stuff Wess! Its awesome to hear about their CS, to be honest though, after reading the interview with THP in the newsletter I expected nothing less.

Good stuff Wess! Its awesome to hear about their CS, to be honest though, after reading the interview with THP in the newsletter I expected nothing less.

No doubt J, these guys are top notch!
I can't wait to roll this beauty, straight to the bag it will go!

How cool is that? Has to be exciting to see those pics, Wess.

Looking good Wess.

That's looks sweet Wess!! You did not waste any time getting that order in man.

Good stuff Wess. Glad its looking so good.

Well, I got the 8802 out on the course today for 9. Put up 16 putts with it, which I kind of expected going to a stick with no alignment from me being used to at least a single line. I wasn't out there for that though, I just wanted to get a feel for the putter while in a round rather than just the putting green.

I've got a little more to do with these two, but the review will be coming very soon.

I remembered something today out there though I meant to mention, the 8802 has a black cow hide Gripmaster Stitchback on it (a grip I've come to love) and the Little Dog has the Gauge/Whitlam "Ion Grip" on it....and I'm pretty freaking taken with that grip....really taken actually.

Good stuff Jman. That sounds like some solid putting for being out of your element without an alignment

Wess, that looks great!

Well, this review is all typed up! Now its down to editing and hopefully you all will get to read it soon!

It really was a pleasure to get to mess around with these two flatsticks, I love getting to try new putters, very cool.

I will say, I really fell for the Little Dog. It is just a blast to use on the course.

Well, this review is all typed up! Now its down to editing and hopefully you all will get to read it soon!

It really was a pleasure to get to mess around with these two flatsticks, I love getting to try new putters, very cool.

I will say, I really fell for the Little Dog. It is just a blast to use on the course.

That's awesome dude, I can't wait to read it. They are awesome-looking putters.

I would like to chime in a little on how amazing the people at Gauge Design/ Whitlam Golf are. From the start when I sent in my request I received a prompt response from there customer service. They told me I would be working with Eric and shortly after that he contacted me. Talk about an awesome guy. He answered any questions that I had and just made me feel like I was really a part of the whole customizing process.

From the original email I sent to Whitlam, Eric knew that I want to go with the G2 Little Dog. We started off talking about why I chose that one and i explained to him about the forum and that I had a chance to roll it in Iowa and that I fell in love immediately. He asked me what colors I wanted and if I wanted any stamping. I was little hesitant at first about the stamping as I had never had any of my putters custom stamped and wasn't to sure because of the added cost. Well he threw it all in free of charge, what an awesome gesture right there. So I went with the lime green and white. Very classy and reminds me of a golf forum I frequent very often! I gave him free roam to what he wanted with the putter and he didn't disappoint!

After all of the customizing talk we started to talk about everyday life and what I did for a living. I told him that I was active duty in the Coast Guard and stationed in Alameda. I then received nothing but thank you's and gratitude for my service. He told me he was going to throw on the added PVD shaft at no additional charge as a way of saying thank you.

Well, I received my putter today and am very happy and surprised. He also threw in a sweet hat and a couple custom grips that I can play with that match the colors.

All in all I am very happy and can't wait to game this awesome putter. Thanks again to THP for bringing this awesome OEM to the forefront(for me at least) I couldn't be any happier!

ezyqury5.jpg

4a7yne2y.jpg

nenuqy6y.jpg

gu5a3apa.jpg

ara3ynuv.jpg

Looks really good. Hat is nice as well.

Awesome Wess!

The PVD shaft looks sweet! Also live the dual colored paint fill. I look forward to your thoughts about the grips, I actually really really like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks so sick Wess! Nice.

That is an absolutely gorgeous putter, Wess! Wow...

Beautiful Wess!

I really need to be getting a Whitlam for my small collection of putters!

looks pretty freaking good Wess..... that model head really has my head spinning.

Jman and Wess great write ups and awesome looking putters you guys have.

Jman and Wess great write ups and awesome looking putters you guys have.

Thanks for the kind words golfin. The official review should go up sometime this week on the homepage!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back