Well I got bored during the uga game and decided to paint my clubs. Went with flaming orange to match the optic orange e6 ive been playing. Let me know what you think? Putters drying now ill post pics of it tomorrow.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349581455775.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349581455775.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349581469371.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349581469371.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349581478781.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349581478781.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349581488897.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349581488897.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 0
Looks pink in the pics Jrodgers, but I'm sure it's just the pics. They look good though man.

Looks pink in the pics Jrodgers, but I'm sure it's just the pics. They look good though man.

lol it looks like hot pink in the pics but thats from the lighting in the house. I'll take some pics at the course tomorrow hopefully they will show the real color.

Here are pics of my 330 mallet that I just finished.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1349625958021.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349625958021.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1349625971404.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1349625971404.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 0
Nicely done I like the alternating letters

Tapping away without siri

Nicely done I like the alternating letters

Thank you it was actually pretty difficult to due because when i would take some paint thinner to whip away the excess paint it would smear a little into the next letter.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Ah yeah that could be a pain, I always use q tips/cotton swabs whatever they are called to do the fine details
Like that

So I did this to my Scotty Del Mar and I believe I chose the wrong paint colors as it is pretty dark. May need to go out and buy some bight paint. Otherwise everything looks good!

So I did this to my Scotty Del Mar and I believe I chose the wrong paint colors as it is pretty dark. May need to go out and buy some bight paint. Otherwise everything looks good!

We need pics!

posting from my S3 so please excuse my spelling mistakles.

What company paint pens do you guys use?

Cool thanks!

I remember drooling over this putter when you first got it bf! Like the tasteful change to the flatstick you applied ... as I drool over it, again!

Just paint filled the BB8. What is now red was white. Turned out awesome. It now matches the grip I put on it.
ysu4e7us.jpg
zu2u4aru.jpg
vanamehy.jpg

Fear the Sober Frog!! Amphibians can Tapatalk

What company paint pens do you guys use?

I used tree house paint pens I found at hobby lobby.

Whats the advantage of elmers over testors

when paintfilling, would it be better to try to take out old paint or does it matter

Yes it's best when you have bare metal. Acetone removes most paint but takes a bit. If you can find Tal-Strip anywhere it will literally strip the pain in 45 sec to a minute.

I dab a little 90% alcohol on the bare metal before painting to get rid of bubbles and make the paint a little more vibrant

Yes it's best when you have bare metal. Acetone removes most paint but takes a bit. If you can find Tal-Strip anywhere it will literally strip the pain in 45 sec to a minute.

I dab a little 90% alcohol on the bare metal before painting to get rid of bubbles and make the paint a little more vibrant

okay. i've already spent more than i'd like to spend on the painting stuff so is there a way to just like scratch it out with a toothpick or something? i have a wedge with some yellow paintfill and i just need it out. i also would like to paint the lettering on my irons (that have the original black paint). same process to get that out i assume.

I guess you could but the paint fill won't look that great since you won't get everything out. And the toothpick isn't hard enough to scratch the paint. Most companies use an enamel based paint that gets really hard.

Strippers are really cheap and would help a lot.

I guess you could but the paint fill won't look that great since you won't get everything out. And the toothpick isn't hard enough to scratch the paint. Most companies use an enamel based paint that gets really hard.

Strippers are really cheap and would help a lot.

where could i get a stripper than would fit into such a little slot.?

I will use a pin to get out that stubborn paint. It helps to make sure that the pin has a round head instead of a flat one because the flat head will dig into your finger.

I just use a q-tip and run it over the spot I want to clear of paint and sice it's a gel based stripper and runs into the stamping and works it's magic.

Go to Advance Auto Parts or Autozone and ask about tal-strip. Make sure to get some Nitrile gloves since if this stuff touches your skin it's worse than battery acid. And do this is in a well ventilated area. I just do it outside and wear gloves and I'm fine.

just remember that bare metal is a non poris surface, meaning the paint wont have anything to really cling to which leads to the paint chipping and bubbles in the paint. If you strip it down to bare metal make sure you throw on a coat of primer so the paint has a good surface to cling to. Less maintenance later.

just remember that bare metal is a non poris surface, meaning the paint wont have anything to really cling to which leads to the paint chipping and bubbles in the paint. If you strip it down to bare metal make sure you throw on a coat of primer so the paint has a good surface to cling to. Less maintenance later.

yeah i have primer but i don't know where to get a stripper.. (actually i do... hehe, kidding).

Back