kenichi600

Reaction score
Handicap
LOL
Yo guys & gals, played my first round with my father in law last weekend. Had a great time but I now understand why this game is so frustrating. I've only taken 4 lessons to date and been to the range a bunch of times... Grass and pad are worlds apart. I was lucky to make contact with the ball at the tee, hit horrible off the green, okay pitching/chipping and not too bad putting. I stopped keeping score after the first 3 holes, I plan on trying to play again this weekend but if not at least a trip to the range. Got the bug but damn this game is expensive. See you folks out there!

glad you enjoyed your 1st round, golf can get really frustrating sometimes, welcome to the game. And yeah range mats suck!

It is expensive and it is even more fun. The lifelong challenge, welcome to the site and hopefully we can make it easier and more fun on you.

There is no shame in range time before you head out to the course. Get the feel for the clubs down at the range then take it to a par3 or executive course in the area. Taking a new game out to the big course with limited skills can really frustrate a person. Keep having funa dn welcome to the game.

Welcome to the forum and to the game!

Welcome to THP.
as long as you have a good time that's all that counts.

Welcome to the game!

Definitely a frustrating game, but well worth it. Welcome to :thp:

Welcome! See my last thread for some pathetic whining about how frustrating this game remains! But it should be fun, so be sure to remember that part of it. And like others have said, yes, range mats are not fun...

Welcome to golf and THP!

I hear ya man, I have yet to even hit the course. I'm on the range almost daily and quickly found the difference between mats and the grass. Mats are sooooo misleading.

Thanks for all the responses guys... I am hoping to learn as I go. Not much time with work, a 2 year old and another due in December. Lunch time is sometimes a quick trip to the range, I have to play in a tournament with some clients already too, hopefully won't embarass myself too badly. I'm in sales it's part of the job, that's what I keep telling my boss, LOL! Will update all soon.

Thanks for all the responses guys... I am hoping to learn as I go. Not much time with work, a 2 year old and another due in December. Lunch time is sometimes a quick trip to the range, I have to play in a tournament with some clients already too, hopefully won't embarass myself too badly. I'm in sales it's part of the job, that's what I keep telling my boss, LOL! Will update all soon.

keep at it man, I was there where you were (golf wise) almost 2 years ago, and with determination and the right help my game transformed, a lot of my help came from these wonderful THP members too, good luck man hard work always pays off!

Welcome to THP

Aloha, glad you found the site, you will love it here no doubt.

Welcome to thp!

Welcome!

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Nice to meet you!

Welcome to THP.

Welcome!

welcome

Welcome to THP!

Welcome to THP! Definitely have to be careful when practicing on mats as they can reinforce some bad habits. Par 3 courses are a great way to start.

Back